I laugh at myself...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I laugh at myself…

How can we grow, I'd tell myself and others, if we don't know what we are doing that is offensive to others? What a colossal self-centered waste of time that is looking to others, wanting to know if we are ok, lol.

First…

For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
Galatians 1:10 NASB

Plus, how grand do we think we are, to think it even possible to please all the masses, as if everyone else has all the answers. I think it to be a huge character flaw to want to, bows head in shame. Love and care for them, yes, please them, no… One is selfless, the other is self seeking. I always say, there must be something I am missing if this that and the other thing…. While that may be true, what also is true is this…. we, all mankind, are missing something, none of us have it all figured out.

Our hope is in Him. He is the answer. We grow, not by the opinions, reactions, feedback and ideas of others, but by the word of Truth and the Holy Spirit.

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 NASB

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10 NASB

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2 NASB

so that He may establish your hearts without blame in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints.
1 Thessalonians 3:13 NASB

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2 NASB

Are you ok? Are you enough? Are you good? Um honestly, ask Him, not others. If we think we are or anyone else is, simply because we or they want to be, or maybe we believe it possible with superior genetics, or maybe because of learned behavior, then nonsense has taken over. The only one who is all those things and more is Him. If we want to be those things, we must grab a hold of Him.

So can we grow with correction and feedback from others….sure. But it has to line up with the word. And when it comes to uncertainty and vagueness, growth need not be elusive, either. He tells us what we need to know in the word and with His Holy Spirit.

Deep breath of Yahweh...♡♡♡♡

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
May we all keep only Him in His rightful and His exalted place.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Oh one more thing. YaY Yeshua....♡