I LOVE my marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
I pray everyone is well, and am truly grateful for a site where Christians can come together to share things like this with each other and come together to discuss the most important topic in all reality. All to often I see threads here about horrible relationship issues, adultery, abuse, children in the middle, just real life hard situations the world and our choices put us in. Please don't misunderstand I praise God for anyone that comes here to seek answers from a more God centered perspective, they are seeking in the right direction and I want to listen to anyone for a chance to minister to them in love, and do what God commands us to do and proclaim His truth to them. So to be clear I am not complaining or criticizing this in any way, not only do I understand how life is and what the world offers, but I am thankful for them looking in Jesus direction for answers.

All I want to do really is share a "praise report" I have for the woman He blessed me with as my wife. It's really unbelievable in this day and age to have what I have with my wife. He also has shown me what a relationship with the same woman looks like when we were both unbelievers, when she was saved and I was not, when she was saved and I thought I was saved, and then with us both in Christ. I'll give everyone 2 guesses which one is the best, and the second doesn't count.;)

I just want to thank God here in front of this community for this woman, she came into my life when I was 17 and she was 15. Our first kiss was like a movie to me, we were in the same 2nd period P.E. class and it was a rainy day in December, the 12th to be exact, and she was waiting to be checked out by her mom to go to Panama for Christmas. We had been in the class together half the year and even hung out a couple times, but she was so pretty and I really thought she was out of my league altogether. One day when we were hanging out and my first girlfriend had just broken my heart, I kept talking about her not ever thinking Krissy liked me at all, but she got mad real quick and just left in a hurry, I honestly thought I had blown any possible chance of anything with her.

So we are in the gym that rainy day with all the other classes, she is waiting to be checked out and hands me a letter. I read it and it lets me know that she did like me and wanted to go out. I didn't waste a second, I scooped her right up in my arms and kissed her, ended up making everyone in the gym "Woooooo", and "Yeah". It was a really awesome first kiss, and I'll never forget it.

From here we went to partying, drugs, clubs, dealing, just general craziness. Once the bottom of that fell out I knew I was crap and she was a good person with a chance in life without me dragging her down, so I sent her to her moms in Nebraska so she could help her mom with her sister who was really getting into trouble. I let her go and took a good hard look at myself and a few other women this world had to offer and came to the conclusion that what I had in her was the best, and instead of sending her away because I was so bad, why don't I try to be the kind of man I think she deserves. Like total wow man, what a genius thought. I asked her if I could go there to live, then took off to go there to work and become a better man.

From there I got locked up after about a year of doing the right thing, because when I took off, I took off on probation, so I always new that I had to get this taken care of, but they caught me up there, then I got out for a brief moment once I was back home, and this was when our first son was conceived. Then I went back in for my sentence with a dirty UA and got 6 months of rehab. I got released a moth before he was born and was there for the birth. Even when I was "locked up" it was in a rehab where I got to get a job and work, send her money, go to the parenting classes, all that stuff, so it wasn't just no contact thing. I was able to support her a little bit. This whole time this woman stood right next to me never hurting me, only trying to help, only wanted what was best for me. Once Kris (our oldest) was born Krissy was draw in by God very soon. From there I slowly started looking that way a bit, then after seeing The Passion when it came out, and learning a bit more about the story I started liking the idea of this Jesus even more, but to me it was more just a philosophy on how to live, not much more. I liked it, but was still blind to truth. That was when we had our 2nd son Isaak, we lived well and were doing ok, we both went through a pain pill addiction in these years, but end up getting that under control too. With that under control we really did well, everything was great, well as good as it can be outside Christ.

That was about the time I got in a motorcycle wreak, I lost all function of my right arm, then went through a battle with depression and suicide for 2 years following. She was there through everything, she never wavered at all. Not only just through the wreak, but she stood by me through high school, all the crazy drug lifestyle, my long list of stupid choices, my lack of money, my anger, my bad habits, even my ugly face lol. Also I am not trying to act as if she is perfect, and she wouldn't want me to act as if she was, but to me she is pretty close. Now at age 38 I have been with her for longer that I was not with her, and I am honestly more excited to wake up to face each day with her in Christ name than ever before, to see what He has in store for us for His glory today. I also want to testify of how insanely more solid my marriage is in Christ, to have trust in what my role as a husband and father truly are, to have trust in my God and His word, to have trust in His plan, to have trust in Him. I just want to share this strong marriage I was blessed with, not to boast AT ALL, for I have nothing to boast, and I know my wife would say the same, but I wanted to share what God has blessed me with in this area of my life and point towards the relationship between Christ and His bride, and share my perspective and example of what that means to us as part of His bride.

It was just on my heart how thankful I am for every second I've been able to share with my wife, I think it is a hopeful testament of what a lifelong commitment came from, and can grow into, how God blesses us even before we want Him all as part of His glorious plan. Our road was crazy just like anyone else's is, and my wife prayed many years before God saved me, but she was blessed to see that miracle overnight change in me, to see that prayer answered. Never lose hope in the power of God to save. Thanks for reading this to those who did.

I pray God draw everyone closer to Him in truth, in Jesus name. Amen.

D

Depleted

Two really big things you missed in this for nosy-me:
1. When did you get married?
2. When did you truly become born again?

(You missed two out of four highlights, dude. lol Oh, and if your avatar is any indication -- three kids in that photo -- you missed a couple more highlights.)

Still, great story. I hope it makes her blush.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
I got married when our first son was 3, 11-12-2005, and I was reborn on 9-29-2013. Also the youngest boy in the picture is my nephew, the other two are my boys. I was also really just trying to highlight my love for her, my whole testimony is posted on here already and I was trying to be as brief as possible. I really just wanted to express my thankfulness for her, and post something positive about marriage for a change. Thanks for reading though, and good couple catches. ;)

D

Depleted

I remember some of your testimony. This wasn't that. (As in this really is a very good tribute to your wife, as compared to your testimony.) But I'm a girl, so was just curious when she knew you were the one. :)

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Jim, you bless me! :)

my husband and i are a month from our 38th wedding anniversary, and like you, i wouldn't have it any other way!

what a mighty, good and faithful God we serve.

Feb 28, 2016
next to Jesus, my wife is my life! after she surrendered ALL to Him, she then surrendered
All to me...

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
I wouldn't want to answer for her with any certainty, but from my point of view she went "all in" from the beginning. It just so happened I was blessed with a loyal (in a warped, broken, "if you close one eye and squint with the other" type way) heart, and a father who raised me to be loyal by example. It honestly was the perfect storm how everything work the way it did. Again the last thing I want to do is act as if we had anything to do with it, it was all Him, but He was always there blessing us. It sounds all romantic now, heck I even started crying when I read through it again just now, but I can assure you that it was just as crazy and dysfunctional as life is for everyone, and outside of Christ we have no clue how to handle it.

Krissy was always just "strait forward", honest, open, and expected the same from others (not in a demanding way, she just thought that was how it should go). If there was a question asked then an honest answer was expected. She was just wired like that and I loved it. I wanted to be honest, and actually was in a fallen kind of way. Two examples are, we had a room mate in our first place together, we did and sold drugs out of the place. He was selling coke and I went and got into it, as in stole it behind his back, then it was brought up that he was short in front of everybody, and had no clue how. It's still makes me feel so ashamed, but I ended up standing up and telling him I took it right there in front of Krissy and everybody else. Man that sucked so bad. The second example is more general, but when I knew I'd "been had", I knew my jig was up, as in the cops were after me and knew my name, I would go turn myself in to get everything underway, get my punishment and move on.

So as far as your question about when she "knew" I think she gave it 100% from day 1, and it was just Him blessing us with the perfect amounts of love and crazy to bring His name glory for it. Thank you for asking, and sorry for the delayed response, I don't usually get on weekends, and took Monday off. So have a great Tuesday. :)

D

Depleted

I am happy to report, I've got no wife.

Hubby, on the other hand, is still wonderful to me and for me. And I truly do get that is God working out the "all things." (Otherwise, hubby is just nuts to stick by me. lol)