I LOVE YOU and I DON'T KNOW WHY... 🤔

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sweetmorningdew78

So here it is ... I was reading a thread about what is love...while i was reading the comments i was thinking 🤔 love is... when you love someone without a reason,without knowing why you love that person. But I was also thinking, if it is possible to love someone without a reason? without knowing why you love that person?

Can we love someone without a reason? I am talking about "Romantic love" The love between husband and wife,between boyfriend and girlfriend. I was wondering until now if it is really possible...I've watched wedding vows,listened to a few people and almost all of them expressed reasons why they love their partners. Here are few reasons why ...because they are sweet,faithful,with beautiful eyes,responsible and many other positive reasons that made the person love their partners.

Hmmm...But what about if the person you used to love becomes the person you used to know? What if your kind husband becomes unkind?those beautiful eyes become blind?your responsible husband becomes lazy? your wife's beautiful shape becomes disproportionate? What if the fresh smell becomes sweat smell? 😁 will you stop loving the person or will you continue to love the person ? 🤔 I heard many stories about how their husbands/wives changed from being sweet to unsweetened 😉 from being the rose in his life to torn in his life 😂 and then the love fly out of the window and relationships fall apart 💔

So, is love...loving a person without a reason? can we?

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Yea cuz God loves us because He loves us xD we're way to dumb to deserve love from God but from other people? Still too dumb. I mean loving someone shouldn't be because of anything really those things can be part of it or add ons but not why you care it's like kids I love my nephews i just do i love them because i love them they don't deserve it, they don't earn it, and there's no particular reason why i even care i just do. And sometimes i like when my youngest nephew runs up to me after i get home from work so i can pick him up but that's not why i love him it's just nice. And other times i have to change his gross diapers or deal with his loud crying but i don't love him any less even if he's annoying. Love isn't something that we catch, no cupid shooting arrows, it's something we do and it's something that is real and felt, but i don't think we can or ever will explain it for the same reasons we can't explain God because God is love i just don't think it can be answered exactly or maybe it can but i don't get why it happens? Idk anyways ig that's it cx

Nov 26, 2012
Do you really want to know what the essence of love is? I’m about the most analytical person I know. I have pondered these things and even have answers but I think it’s more fun not knowing. You can watch a magic trick several times and be amazed. Once you see how the trick is done, it’s not interesting anymore. Keep the mystery.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Do you really want to know what the essence of love is? I’m about the most analytical person I know. I have pondered these things and even have answers but I think it’s more fun not knowing. You can watch a magic trick several times and be amazed. Once you see how the trick is done, it’s not interesting anymore. Keep the mystery.
Ehh knowings cool as long as it's not predictable and a lot of the time love is extremely predictable already or just totally random so EXPLAIN THE LOVE FOR ME MISS!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well if you really must have a definition...

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Yes, we are fully capable of unconditional love of our immediate family members (blood relatives) just as our lord loves all his children we are fully capable to love our own unconditionally - without reason...

Now when it comes to loving a life-partner unconditionally without a reason - IMHO, this becomes a tad bit more complicated - as seen via the vast sampling of love-stories gone-wrong shared here on cc...

To believe that one can fall in love 'without reason' would seem that relationship would likely become vulnerable to the known risks associated with 'love is blind' and the romantic notion of 'love at first sight.'

While I remain a hopeful romantic that those types of love-stories do exist and do occur (occasionally/just maybe); the reality is that all enduring unions ultimately require hard work. 'Happily ever after' does not happen without sacrifice, compromise and commitment - unconditionally - to never quit and never give up.

Unfortunately, people fall in love every day for all the wrong reasons that are genuinely not based upon a solid enough foundation to survive the realities of life. If the foundation of love is not built upon an 'unconditional love' than it is vulnerable to risks and failure.

IMHO, a 'true-love' an 'unconditional-love' is built upon a foundation of truth, understanding, trust, and knowing all of your partners vulnerabilities, weaknesses and shortcomings - and being able to love them unconditionally, anyway.

I also believe in soul-mates. Where the unique blessing of a soul-mate is simply a life-partner that is equally committed to 'unconditional-love' and blessed by the lord with the ability to love their partner even more with genuine empathy even after knowing all of their partners faults and limitations. While there is no such thing as a perfect union; soul-mates are merely two imperfect people who refuse to give-up on each other and more importantly are committed to be their for their life-partner thru all their sicknesses and bad-times. Not only till death do us part - but eternally. The bonus perk/belief in a soul-mate is the mutually supporting benefit of eternal salvation - together for always...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I believe that God gives love to you to share with your heart's desire. You can absolutely love without a reason because the love of God is unconditional and now you are sharing it with that special one.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
So here it is ... I was reading a thread about what is love...while i was reading the comments i was thinking 🤔 love is... when you love someone without a reason,without knowing why you love that person. But I was also thinking, if it is possible to love someone without a reason? without knowing why you love that person?

Can we love someone without a reason? I am talking about "Romantic love" The love between husband and wife,between boyfriend and girlfriend. I was wondering until now if it is really possible...I've watched wedding vows,listened to a few people and almost all of them expressed reasons why they love their partners. Here are few reasons why ...because they are sweet,faithful,with beautiful eyes,responsible and many other positive reasons that made the person love their partners.

Hmmm...But what about if the person you used to love becomes the person you used to know? What if your kind husband becomes unkind?those beautiful eyes become blind?your responsible husband becomes lazy? your wife's beautiful shape becomes disproportionate? What if the fresh smell becomes sweat smell? 😁 will you stop loving the person or will you continue to love the person ? 🤔 I heard many stories about how their husbands/wives changed from being sweet to unsweetened 😉 from being the rose in his life to torn in his life 😂 and then the love fly out of the window and relationships fall apart 💔

Hello sis :)

To answer your question: can we love a person without a reason? Absolutely. Do we do it all the time? Maybe not.

All I can say is that this OP reminds me of the following scripture. We first have to establish what “love” is. According to this scripture, God is love. But furthermore, what I love about this scripture is verses 10 & 11, that God loved us before we loved him - so much that He sent His only Son to die on the cross for our sins. Now that’s a different type of love, a love that has no boundaries, limits, discrimination, basically a love that is so pure from God that it cancels out any type of love that we think we know.

Then verse 11 actually gives us instruction of what to do with the Love that God has given us.......to love one another. I believe that answers the OP, its Not so much of a choice to love your spouse, neighbor, brother, sister, colleagues, etc but because God loved you, that Love is a MUST and should be dispersed unto everyone else, no matter what the situation.

Blessings sis ❤️

1 John 4:7-12 English Standard Version (ESV)
God Is Love
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

MarkJay

Sep 22, 2018

When those things happen THATS when love really starts because you have to DECIDE to continue loving:)

Aug 2, 2009

I believe love is spiritual... and reason is based on logic.. But even though love is spiritual, it is easy to lose that spirit if one gets hurt or realizes it wasn't right.

Proof that love is spiritual: People fall in love with animals all the time and there is no logic or reasoning involved in loving an animal.

MarkJay

Sep 22, 2018
When those things happen THATS when love really starts because you have to DECIDE to continue loving:)
When love is new everything is wonderful and easily entreated but as it ages and becomes more seasoned by time more work and effort are needed to keep that loving feeling alive and growing.

T

toinena

I think love is irrational. You don't really know why you fall in love. When you are then thinking about the person you love, the list of positives about that person never seems to stop. What attracted you to the person in first place might vary

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

I gage "love" by Gods example...we cant love orhers without knowing what love really is..God..so..i really dont think you can TRULY love someone without knowing why..otherwuse it might be lust or a lot of different things but love is intentional..like Gods love for us :)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
When love is new everything is wonderful and easily entreated but as it ages and becomes more seasoned by time more work and effort are needed to keep that loving feeling alive and growing.
Yes..at the begining it might be effortless but the best things in life take work n when we do that with a relatiomship..experiemce the good n bad..that love deepens and intensifies..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I believe that God gives love to you to share with your heart's desire. You can absolutely love without a reason because the love of God is unconditional and now you are sharing it with that special one.
But isnt that a reason right there? Because God does it and says we should love others..we do..The reason is God..

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
If a man told me he loves me..id certainly would hope he would know why ;)

7seasrekeyed

well even though I'm not single anymore, I don't think you 'know' why

I think the 'know whys' happen later

I'm not that analytical above love. I think something has to 'click' inside that you can't really explain and later on, when you are looking for a birthday card, you think of reasons why you still love them

maybe I'm dense or something, but a balance sheet wouldn't work for me ;)

and I prob explained this rather badly

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
well even though I'm not single anymore, I don't think you 'know' why

I think the 'know whys' happen later

I'm not that analytical above love. I think something has to 'click' inside that you can't really explain and later on, when you are looking for a birthday card, you think of reasons why you still love them

maybe I'm dense or something, but a balance sheet wouldn't work for me ;)

and I prob explained this rather badly
Actually, you explained it quite well. :)