"I love you in the Lord, Brother"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
People will try to use I love you as a fail safe. As if verbal assault didn't just come from them.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
[video=youtube_share;uxCbzEYshtg]http://youtu.be/uxCbzEYshtg[/video]

Sep 6, 2017
nope

when someone wants whats best for me to the point of self sacrifice

and i know i love them when im willing to do the same

i understand people may not be like Jesus and may go off the handle

but more often than not

screaming and scolding is not rebuke so much as pride peaking out

now if you love that person
and they are just in error

you should be able to forgive them and act according to the spirit

instead of stooping to their level
I guess it comes down to how one percieves it, if a person really doesn't like someone then everything they say will be looked upon as not of love.

the scolding and screaming depends on context, let say I'm alittle bit away from you and I see you are not looking and walking towards a cliff you are approaching, no doubt I will scream and scold you and say hey get away from there your about to fall off the cliff. That would be because I love you enough to try and save you from falling.

Though if someone has anger or is hurting in the heart they may scream and scold at others not because of pride, because they are screaming from the inside out and are crying for help.

Indeed yes there are some that are just dry, no life, a desert under the breast plate and would scream and scold out of pride.

N

NoNameMcgee

I guess it comes down to how one percieves it, if a person really doesn't like someone then everything they say will be looked upon as not of love.
im not talking about proper biblical rebuke from Jesus when i say screaming and scolding
the scolding and screaming depends on context, let say I'm alittle bit away from you and I see you are not looking and walking towards a cliff you are approaching, no doubt I will scream and scold you and say hey get away from there your about to fall off the cliff. That would be because I love you enough to try and save you from falling.
no one would ever argue this....
Though if someone has anger or is hurting in the heart they may scream and scold at others not because of pride, because they are screaming from the inside out and are crying for help.
no some scream to threaten and control and posture,
some even admittedly

Indeed yes there are some that are just dry, no life, a desert under the breast plate and would scream and scold out of pridemost are like this, i accept proper rebuke and am thankful for it, i even forgive the screaming and yelling and acting according to vengence or pride in the flesh on a regular basis... but i knew what you meant from the beginning i watch street preaching often and unbelievers call preachers unloving for pointing out their sin.
i dont think we disagree

just talking about different situations and context

im referring of a brother speaking to another brother without the fruits of the Holy spirit

which is what i see very often (daily)

not proper rebuke

like Jesus to the pharacies

which aside from youtube videos or on CC

i almost never see

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

There are a lot of people in the world who say the words "I love you" and have no idea what those words even mean. They could just as easily substitute "banana Cadillac t-shirt" and say pretty much the same thing.

It's on the equivalent level of saying "no offense but...", and then saying something terribly offensive.

Sep 6, 2017
i dont think we disagree

just talking about different situations and context

im referring of a brother speaking to another brother without the fruits of the Holy spirit

which is what i see very often (daily)

not proper rebuke

like Jesus to the pharacies

which aside from youtube videos or on CC

i almost never see
I can agree with that of coarse, I guess that is when God might be teaching about patience, I've witness myself in my life when I had thought something wasn't of the Holy Spirit yet sometime later it dawned on me,

sometimes even in bad situations can lead to a understanding, when that happens, then all the wrong feelings between a brother or sister seem to melt away all of sudden because I learned something that God wanted to show me, and that may have not been known by my brother or sister.

Sep 6, 2017
There are a lot of people in the world who say the words "I love you" and have no idea what those words even mean. They could just as easily substitute "banana Cadillac t-shirt" and say pretty much the same thing.

It's on the equivalent level of saying "no offense but...", and then saying something terribly offensive.
True indeed, yet a rare thing viewed around here, just saying, and this being a Christian site.

Sep 6, 2017
From my experience a lot of people fear saying it, I Love You, oooo such tabooo

D

Depleted

It's sort of the spiritual equivalent of the quaint southern expression used after raking someone over the coals, then saying "bless your heart"......
Is it a Yankee thing? (Since "Bless your heart" is a Southern thing.) Or is it across the board? (I haven't been down south in decades, so I don't know how they talk anymore.)

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

True indeed, yet a rare thing viewed around here, just saying, and this being a Christian site.
Respectfully, I disagree. This site has no better performance than the secular world. People are people regardless of what they claim to believe, and I've seen a load of bad and deplorable behavior from both myself (a non-christian) and people who generally talk a pretty good line of lingo and call themselves Christians.

All of us in the world could do much better than we do.

D

Depleted

Good film. I like it
Kind of embarrassed. I didn't see it, but I think I got it confused with Spanglish. And the most I remember from that movie was a recipe for a delicious egg sandwich.

Sep 6, 2017
Respectfully, I disagree. This site has no better performance than the secular world. People are people regardless of what they claim to believe, and I've seen a load of bad and deplorable behavior from both myself (a non-christian) and people who generally talk a pretty good line of lingo and call themselves Christians.

All of us in the world could do much better than we do.
Yes indeed my friend, my view of it is this, the more a person's heart has been hurt in their life the more it becomes harder for them to express it actually say it, not that it isn't meaningful in their heart, but afraid of being hurt again, because saying it can some times be construed as being venerable by a hurting heart, but letting the heart be venerable is true strength.

honestly we should not be afraid of being hurt, and we should not be afraid of forgiving, for forgiving is true healing of the heart. Because once we as people stop forgiving others is the day when the heart starts to harden like steal.

Last edited:
D

Depleted

Yeah, like that. Not fond of it.

I have had to talk to hubby during service. I was telling him that I was feeling sick and had to leave. Then he'd ask me if we should go home, or if it's just one of those times when two minutes of fresh air would help. (I'm allergic to mold and mildew. I don't know if there is such thing as a church that doesn't have both. lol) So, if he interrupted us with that junk? We would have both gotten up and walked out never to return.

And, I'm sure he would have spent a few minutes of HIS hour to tell everyone that we were rude and going to hell too.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes indeed my friend, my view of it is this, the more a person's heart has been hurt in their life the more it becomes harder for them to express it actually say it, not that it isn't meaningful in their heart, but afraid of being hurt again, because saying it can some times be construed as being venerable by a hurting heart, but letting the heart be venerable is true strength.

honestly we should not be afraid of being hurt, and we should not be afraid of forgiving, for forgiving is true healing of the heart. Because once we as people stop forgiving others is the day when the heart starts to harden like steal.
Venerable, or vulnerable? :D Steal, or steel?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017

Yes I have to agree.

A lot of people do not know the meaning of Agape love.
Look at the restoration of Peter.

Jesus asks him do you Agape me, and Peter responds I Phileo you.
Second time same again.
Third time Jesus asks do you Phileo you and then Paul gets upset.

The concept of what real and true love is today has been so distorted.

Just a simple example for me.

I am typing on a IPad.
My kids have IPhones.

Every year without exception when it comes to Mothers Day or Fathers Day they get an e-mail along the following lines

”Show your mum/dad that you love them by buying them the latest iPad”

Really?????

Where on earth is my 14 year old daughter gonna get the money for that?

The same goes for advertise per-se.

Buy this and buy that. Aftershave, perfume, make up. And all these ads have sexual content.
So now love is all about the sensual and emotions.

Truly shocking indeed.

True love, Agape love cuts through all of this.
We need to ask God for this love.

It cuts through crap that the world throws at people.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes I have to agree.

Look at the restoration of Peter.

Jesus asks him do you Agape me, and Peter responds I Phileo you.
Second time same again.
Third time Jesus asks do you Phileo you and then Paul gets upset.
I think you mean to say Peter...

H

He_reigns

What a conceited, arrogant, old man that is drawing attention to himself and not Jesus. someone should have told this preacher to sit down himself. If you cannot preach with distraction you do not belong on the platform.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How can anyone know something they have not experienced? And even having experienced it, how can we mimic God in this? God knows everything there is to know about a person, more even than any one person knows and/or understands about themselves. We are limited in our knowledge and understanding of others, and ourselves as well. Having experienced the unconditional love and forgiveness of God through the cross of Christ, I am all the more well aware of how deficient I am in relation to Him. It is one of the ways I understand how His goodness, mercy, justice, and greatness outdoes immensely anything humanity could ever muster of their own resources.