"I Love You." "Prove It!" Part 2: "Prove to Me That You're Not Like All the Rest!"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Re: "I Love You." "Prove It!" Part 2: "Prove to Me That You're Not Like All the Rest!

I'll know a woman loves me when she slashes my tires, and burns all my stuff in the front yard.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Re: "I Love You." "Prove It!" Part 2: "Prove to Me That You're Not Like All the Rest!

I'll know a woman loves me when she slashes my tires, and burns all my stuff in the front yard.
I truly wish there was an "I'm really sorry that happened to you and I will pray for you" button.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

I truly wish there was an "I'm really sorry that happened to you and I will pray for you" button.
Are you kidding? I wish for that kind of love.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Are you kidding? I wish for that kind of love.
Who needs that kind of drama?
That ain't love! (I know of what I speak :D)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

Who needs that kind of drama?
That ain't love! (I know of what I speak :D)

Did you burn your honey's stuff?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Did you burn yoir honeys stuff?
Smashed a window or two :p

But he was no honey. Beat me up on a fairly regular basis...
Never once did he take any personal responsibility for any
problems in our relationship. The closest he got was not
denying something, once. Once! :eek: And he was never going
to do it again, but he always did... until I walked away, for good.

Sep 14, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Over the years, I've tried my best to become more aware of who I am in full (both strengths and weaknesses), but to be perfectly honest, I think most of it is that I haven't met Mr. Right yet, or maybe I've met someone here and there I thought was Mr. Right, but he (and/or, God) did not feel the same way.

For the most part, I've become content with singleness... I have bouts of really wanting to find someone, but over the years, taking care of other singles (such as, by trying to give them topics to share, discuss, and troubleshoot in this forum) has become more important to me than dating (which wasn't seeming to go anywhere anyway), but maybe someday, I'll meet someone who changes that. :)

(I still hold out a secret hope.) :)
The thing about being Christ's bride isn't knowing about who you are, but whose you are. You are His. He took you as His in the very beginning just as you were, mistakes, sins, fears, & everything. He did this because of His great love for you. He knew what He was getting all along. It's never been about what you are, but who you could be under His wings. God wants you to trust Him with all your imperfections & let Him mold you into the image that pleases Him. Accept His proposal, follow Him in the ministry He's tailor-made just for you.

Two scriptures for you:

Eph 3:14For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, 16that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. 20Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

Believe that. Go for it. You have nothing to lose.

Matt 6:31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’32For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

I hope this blesses you.:)

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

Smashed a window or two :p

But he was no honey. Beat me up on a fairly regular basis...
Never once did he take any personal responsibility for any
problems in our relationship. The closest he got was not
denying something, once. Once! :eek: And he was never going
to do it again, but he always did... until I walked away, for good.
Oh, I'm sorry. Sounds like he was a douche bag.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Oh, I'm sorry. Sounds like he was a douche bag.
He was a musician :rolleyes: When the neighbors called the cops because they thought I was being murdered, according to him, it was all my fault because I made noise when he repeatedly whaled on me. Thanks, Tommy. That was a long time ago. But we don't forget. Why would I? I learned some good lessons there. School of hard knocks :D

U

Ugly

Often times in told I'm different from other guys, without trying to do so. I've always just wanted a genuine relationship. And that's the way I act. But once I find that there are negative expectations from previous relationships I will make reasonable efforts to not cross those boundaries and take extra steps to prove myself. For me it's a no brainer.
Then again I also don't go on casual dates. So by the time this comes out I'm already invested to some degree.

I tend not to expect anyone to prove themselves different anymore. Because I don't expect different. The nice thing was SillyChick WAS different. And, like me, despite being different just being herself, she would make a point to prove she was different as well.
It really worked out being very well balanced and each of us felt a lot of security with one another as a result.

Makes me miss her all over again.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013

When a women demands proof of your love, it generally means; "Empty your wallet" :)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia

I have been told " I thought you were different than other women, but I was wrong" but it doesn't bother me cause it was from a guy who was pretending to be a Christian to get in good with me. When he started talking about fantasizing about what he would do to me in the bathtub and I put a stop to it the mask fell off and I became like "all the other girls"

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

I have been told " I thought you were different than other women, but I was wrong" but it doesn't bother me cause it was from a guy who was pretending to be a Christian to get in good with me. When he started talking about fantasizing about what he would do to me in the bathtub and I put a stop to it the mask fell off and I became like "all the other girls"

You put him in the naughty chair.

Little boys hate that.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia

I wasn't about to touch him... he was trouble

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

I wasn't about to touch him... he was trouble
Ya know, if you put him in the naughty chair,
and you're "just like all the other girls"...

that kinda gives the impression he has a bad track record, lol.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia

Little did he know... he used to date my cousin (he didn't know we were kin) and she had already warned me not to give him my number cause he liked to send unwanted pics.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Little did he know... he used to date my cousin (he didn't know we were kin) and she had already warned me not to give him my number cause he liked to send unwanted pics.
Like this?

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia

I'm pretty sure the pics she was referring to were worse :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

I have nothing to add to this thread but to say I am interested in the replies y'all are posting.

If I had to prove to some girl I'm not like all the rest of the guys, I have no idea if I would prove it or just walk away. It would depend on the girl and it would depend on her concept of what "the rest of the guys" are like. But if she had some expectation that I had to either pass or fail, it would be better to tell me about it than to secretly watch me and then make a big scene when (in her mind) I failed whatever test she had. A relationship with secret expectations is like walking through a minefield.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Found her. Unfortunately she's going out with Black Hat Guy.

"Pick you up at eight?" "Nine. I have to remine the driveway."

Last I heard, they went on a road trip.