I must be cursed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nomi

I was celibate for over a year. I got bored one night, made an online dating app account. Met a guy, he seemed quite interested in me. He would text me every night and morning and throughout the day. I went to meet up with him, and my STUPID IDIOT self ended up sleeping with the person on the first date! I ruined it! I don't even know the guy and we skipped past all the get to know each other stuff and now the relationship is based on what? I'm so mad at myself. Even for going on a dating app. What else should I expect from tinder anyways... I'm supposed to be going on a mission to Mexico so it's not like I can get in a serious relationship. It's just eating me alive though that I threw away my clean act for two wasted nights, and now I feel just so horrible and empty and depressed. I'm back to the overeating and purging cuz Idk how to cope. Please help me by praying for me to learn from this, to be happy on my own, and pray for me to resist temptation please I'm so broken right now I should have never done what I did.

Nov 14, 2016
I was celibate for over a year. I got bored one night, made an online dating app account. Met a guy, he seemed quite interested in me. He would text me every night and morning and throughout the day. I went to meet up with him, and my STUPID IDIOT self ended up sleeping with the person on the first date! I ruined it! I don't even know the guy and we skipped past all the get to know each other stuff and now the relationship is based on what? I'm so mad at myself. Even for going on a dating app. What else should I expect from tinder anyways... I'm supposed to be going on a mission to Mexico so it's not like I can get in a serious relationship. It's just eating me alive though that I threw away my clean act for two wasted nights, and now I feel just so horrible and empty and depressed. I'm back to the overeating and purging cuz Idk how to cope. Please help me by praying for me to learn from this, to be happy on my own, and pray for me to resist temptation please I'm so broken right now I should have never done what I did.
*** (praying)*** forgive yourself and dump this relationship*** God has better things for your future, and start fresh and avoid these traps...

U

Ugly

We all make mistakes. Christ didn't die on the cross so you could ignore his grace and forgiveness. His intention wasn't that you open doors for Satan by piling on guilt. You aren't doing anything Godly or spiritual by "coping" this way. In fact you're ignoring God by how you're handling things. Living in guilt and self destruction is further removing you from God. If you want to know how to cope then stop what you're doing and acknowledge God's grace and forgiveness. Shut Satan down by not giving in to guilt. Guilt restricts. It binds you up and drags you down. Conviction from God makes us aware, causes a desire to change and allows us to keep growing and moving forward.
Ask yourself this... who are you to condemn someone who God has forgiven? Are you above God or walking in God? Can't do both, elevate yourself and be in God. So if you're not doing one, you're doing the other.

S

SweetmorningDew78

Sis, yes 88 is right...

I just prayed for you sis...There is no other weapon against the temptation except the Word of God. We don't want to sin but we can't resist into it because our flesh is not strong enough... We are easily carried away by our own lusts... Meditate the Word and pray more sis... It is hard to be a celibate but it is possible if we are fully equipped by the Word of God.

Just keep moving forward sis... forgive yourself and ask for forgiveness to God :)

God bless you!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Nomi, It's going to be ok. God is your Father. He LOVES YOU! How do you think your earthly father would react? He wouldn't like the mistake you made but he would still love you and want the best for you.

So how much MORE do you think your Heavenly Father loves you and wants the best for you?

You CANNOT surprise God. He knows you. He created you. He knows your faults and loves you anyway. It is fine to be upset that you disappointed your Father. That is not a bad thing. But don't let the enemy of your soul use that to club you over the head with condemnation. Satan wants to make you an ineffective servant of your savior Jesus Christ. He already has you second guessing your mission's trip.

Confess to your Father. Run back to His waiting Arms, and bask in His love and protection.

Holy Father, I lift up Your young daughter to you. I ask that you let her feel Your Presence in an unmistakable way. Let all fear, worry, doubt, and anxiety melt away as she turns to Your embrace. In Jesus sweet Name I pray.

Feb 24, 2015
The need for affection and intimacy is something you want, but without boundaries or
awareness love works with respect and understanding consequences.

You need to learn to really love yourself and value what you are giving to another.
You are not just a quick bit of action, and that is all there is.

You need to reach out to others who have gone through similar things you are
experiencing and learn how they found a way out. Much of what you are feeling is
a void from your past, your family and the need to be known and loved for who you are.

Jesus can help you, but you need to put some of His love into effect in your life and
start believing you are worthy of respect and are valued as a child of God.

Feb 22, 2017
I admire you for being so bold and honest about your story. I bet that took a lot of courage to expose your sin to a group of strangers. I trust that by confessing it you are able to unload some of the pressure.

Are you familiar with God says about sin and how He views it? Are you knowledgeable about what He says He will do about it? And have you ever experienced the forgiveness of sin that He offers? These are 3 very important questions.

I could get into a whole Bible study on this topic, but that would take too long, and besides, it may be something you'd like to do by yourself. I would encourage you to set aside some time and dig deep into the Word of God to see what He has to say about your situation. He does forgive sin, and yet at the same time, people have a hard time forgiving themselves. The memories serve as a horrible consequence.

But in response to your request, yes, I will pray for you. God wants to you reconciled to Himself more than you do, and wants you to fully comprehend the plans He has for your life. This can only be accomplished when you spend time with Him in prayer.

Here are some articles that will be very helpful to you as you seek the Lord to be restored. Solomon's Line on Premarital Sex | Focus on the Family

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
A couple others have said it well already, but I just wanted to state plainly that instead of turning to overeating and purging and beating yourself up, lean into Christ. He died for you knowing the sinful choices you would make. They don't define you, and they haven't caused Him to love you any less. Press into Him and let Him free you from that cycle of guilt and shame. The more you dwell on the guilt and shame, the more you're going to be driven to cope, which leads to more poor choices, which leads to more shame. It's a tough cycle to break out of, but you have a Father who loves you deeply even now in this very moment, and just wants you to rest in His arms.