I need prayer please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jenny712

May 16, 2013
I struggle with suicidal thoughts and I don't want them. I don't want to take my life I want to live for Jesus. I have battled with this before a few times and I've been prayed for about this before many times as well. For a time they leave sometimes for several months they are gone and then suddenly one day boom they are back again. I don't want to keep struggling with this. I do my best to avoid things that will trigger these thoughts because I don't want to invite them in but every time the subject of death comes up it starts the ball rolling again. There's only so much I can do to avoid the subject of death it's a part of life until Jesus comes back. Even Disney movies have death in them so I can't just live under a rock and avoid all humanity. I want this battle to be over and I keep struggling with a negative thought that says "it'll be gone for a time but it'll come back" and that sounds like a threat to me. I'm worried these horrible thoughts will just keep coming back over and over nagging me until they drive me past my breaking point and I don't want that to happen. So please pray that the suicidal thoughts will leave me forever and that I'll live for Jesus which is what I want.

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Jenny712, (2 Corinthians 10: 3For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. 4For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.
Ephesians 6:

The Armor of God
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can make your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.…

Lord Jesus, I lift up Jenny712 to you in prayer, that You would bring deliverance to her now! Lord, Your word says that in Christ, we are fully equipped to defeat the forces of darkness that would try and attack our minds & lives. I pray that Jenny would take a stand against the enemy & may she put on the armor of Christ daily. Build strength within Jenny's spirit Lord, and may she learn how to pick up her sword, which is the word of God, & may Jenny put on the helmet of Salvation, which is knowing she is a born again child of God! may Jenny use the shield of faith, which will shield her from all the lies of the enemy! May Jenny put on the breast plate of righteousness, which is living a Godly life in Christ, redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb! Forgiven! In Jesus name!!!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Jenny712.... Just a little more encouragement for you in the Lord.....As you begin to take a stand against these suicidal thoughts, by putting on the armor of God, & surrendering your life to the Lord, You will find that the word of God is living, active & powerful. There is no lie in hell, that can stand against the word of God. Spend time reading your bible, as it will wash your mind & heart daily & will expose the lies & strongholds that the enemy has put on you. I also want to suggest that you take with a counselor, as its crucial that you don't isolate yourself. Stand strong in the Lord!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Phone Number
1-800-273-8255

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Jenny712, let you turn all the sorrows to death. Let the suicidal thoughts be gone and Jenny712, overcome all the problems and praise you. Lord bless this prayer, and you be glorified in Jesus , in Jesus loving name, Amen!

Aug 16, 2018
I struggle with suicidal thoughts and I don't want them. I don't want to take my life I want to live for Jesus. I have battled with this before a few times and I've been prayed for about this before many times as well. For a time they leave sometimes for several months they are gone and then suddenly one day boom they are back again. I don't want to keep struggling with this. I do my best to avoid things that will trigger these thoughts because I don't want to invite them in but every time the subject of death comes up it starts the ball rolling again. There's only so much I can do to avoid the subject of death it's a part of life until Jesus comes back. Even Disney movies have death in them so I can't just live under a rock and avoid all humanity. I want this battle to be over and I keep struggling with a negative thought that says "it'll be gone for a time but it'll come back" and that sounds like a threat to me. I'm worried these horrible thoughts will just keep coming back over and over nagging me until they drive me past my breaking point and I don't want that to happen. So please pray that the suicidal thoughts will leave me forever and that I'll live for Jesus which is what I want.

Now that you're smiling too....

The Father did not give you life so that you could play God and give it back.
You are never alone when you are indwelt with the guiding wisdom and eternal never ending love of holy spirit.
I know how it feels to want to end it. I over came. So too can you.

Try this.
Look in the mirror every day you wake up and first thing after you roll out of bed. Look in your own eyes and say this. "I love you."
Keep that going for a few days.
Then when it feels like time to move to the next mirror conversation say this first thing after you roll out of bed and gaze into that mirror.
"I am living in God's image and according to his grace filled loving plan. I am glorious!" Mean it when you say these things. Look deep inside you where the holy spirit is always awake and feel that power give you assurance.

Every morning when you first wake up and roll out of bed, go to that mirror and tell you something positive and great about you and your life. Faith is living to believe it. You'll only see a better life when you believe in it. God wants only the best for you. You have to agree.
He will bring you home in his own good time. Don't be in a hurry. He has plans for you. Great and wonderfully fulfilling plans. There will never be another you in this life. You are meant to reach the people God sets in your path. If you take yourself out of this life you'll selfishly not be there for those people who don't even know you to be a blessing to their own life yet.

Do something every single day that your future self will thank you for.

Paloma11

Aug 29, 2018

If you want, I'm willing to encourage you whenever you need. I've struggled with the same thing, so I understand you. You just have to message me.

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray for Jenny712. Bless her with thy peace and let all suicidal thoughts go away from her. In the precious name of Jesus.Amen

Sep 19, 2017
Jesus, please Help this person to be free from this spirit and find a spirit of Life, of Joy, ... unleash all the gifts of the spirit as they yeild their lives to you .. amen

Aug 18, 2018
I have thought about this many times to be honest but some of the things that hold me back is thinking about my family and failing God..I also have a close cousin who committed this action and it broke my heart, it was traumatic for me..i am struggling now but sometimes i realize how small they are compare to other people..my pain might be nothing compare to yours but i want you to know that i feel you..i am praying for you..you can survive this with God's help..let us encourage one another..God bless you.. :)

P.S.: listening to christian music helps me too. Try to listen "STEADY MY HEART" by Kari Jobe, it is one of the best. Shout and cry while singing this if you can. :)

Dynamaniac

Feb 10, 2017
Hi, Jenny712. I'm sorry you're struggling yet again with these thoughts. When you find yourself falling into these thoughts, remember your identity in God. You are loved and His beloved; you are blessed; you are a child of God; you are His daughter; you are free; you are worthy....so many things that we forget about our identity. Don't let Satan win your mind and your thoughts. Satan is a liar, he is a thief, and he is a murderer. Take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ -- Satan cannot win this fight because Jesus has defeated him. I hope this helps you now and in the future. You are important to God and He will provide for you. All you have to do is let him.