i need prayers for recovery and strength and not despairing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mikebcn

May 13, 2020
I am Christian but even struggle with times of doubt , seeing other fellow Christians battle with addictions , bad habits, some trying to get better but needing help I can no longer give. I myself am weak, medical bills, 3 months off work, scared. I will probably be asked to move to the garage that may be insulated and prepared, not sure. i'm 50 and despite working all my life, studying, trying not to harm others and help and encourage (when I was teaching or pushing wheelchairs or other jobs..) despite my faults and periods of depression, now I find myself uncertain of my future and not so sure I can cope with these new challenges. Economical, emotional of faith, of feelings of failure, of not wanting my life to get even more precarious.
Please pray that God may give me strength, not let me forget prayer, find better companies or not abandon me because I need strength more than ever and I don't think I can do it on my own. I want to pray for my mother and father who have always given me hope. No matter what may happen to me please keep them safe and together! And with my sister, brother in law and their 2 daughters nearby. That my suffering and depression may not make them sad, because I'm the one who needs to overcome them and let God help me. And may God forgive the times I have sinned, and that I have been scared or the times I feel lost and defeated and sad. I pray my neck heals soon so I can keep fighting and be more alive. And that if I find strength and can offer a bit more than I have, may I finally share with a good woman who will help me in these very difficult times ahead. To make it more bearable and help me believe in myself and people again like I used to. I pray I may find clarity and be healthy physically and mentally to work please. Humbly I ask this even if i feel afraid and weak. Please God help me carry on and think it's possible still to function in this society. Amen.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It appears that you are at a crossroads in your life and are anxious about uncertain times. Paul said to keep fighting the good fight and keep your eyes on the prize. I will pray that God will provide the physical, emotional, and spiritual means for you to continue to work in a way that is acceptable to God. I will say a prayer for the safety and well-being of your family as well.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I am Christian but even struggle with times of doubt , seeing other fellow Christians battle with addictions , bad habits, some trying to get better but needing help I can no longer give. I myself am weak, medical bills, 3 months off work, scared. I will probably be asked to move to the garage that may be insulated and prepared, not sure. i'm 50 and despite working all my life, studying, trying not to harm others and help and encourage (when I was teaching or pushing wheelchairs or other jobs..) despite my faults and periods of depression, now I find myself uncertain of my future and not so sure I can cope with these new challenges. Economical, emotional of faith, of feelings of failure, of not wanting my life to get even more precarious.
Please pray that God may give me strength, not let me forget prayer, find better companies or not abandon me because I need strength more than ever and I don't think I can do it on my own. I want to pray for my mother and father who have always given me hope. No matter what may happen to me please keep them safe and together! And with my sister, brother in law and their 2 daughters nearby. That my suffering and depression may not make them sad, because I'm the one who needs to overcome them and let God help me. And may God forgive the times I have sinned, and that I have been scared or the times I feel lost and defeated and sad. I pray my neck heals soon so I can keep fighting and be more alive. And that if I find strength and can offer a bit more than I have, may I finally share with a good woman who will help me in these very difficult times ahead. To make it more bearable and help me believe in myself and people again like I used to. I pray I may find clarity and be healthy physically and mentally to work please. Humbly I ask this even if i feel afraid and weak. Please God help me carry on and think it's possible still to function in this society. Amen.
Mike, you need to make a stand on the Truth of God's word. Your sins are already paid for by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus. You can, and should, go with confidence to the throne of grace. You will find mercy and grace to help in your time of need.

You are a new creation in Christ. You may not feel new or think like you are new. But God made you a new person and only He can undo it. Why would He? He thought enough of you to send Jesus to die for you.

This time last year I was in hospital. I had pancreatitis. The only pain worse is childbirth (my appreciation of women went through the roof when I was told that). The difference is that you don't anything after the ordeal.

During the first several days in hospital, I had canulas in both arms, I was injected with rat poison (aka warfarine) twice a day and blood tests after each injection. I was doped up with painkillers that gave me weird dreams. It was noisy all the time and I found it near impossible to pray. I lost 5kg as I was not allowed to eat or drink. I had one visitor for a short time due to COVID restrictions. One of the doctors told me off because I was too chirpy. He told me that the illness could be fatal.

I won't bore you with all that happened, but there were a number of miracles. A friend prayed for me while the doctor was there. She is from a Christian family but not a believer. My friend asked the Lord to put my internals back to normal. The reason why I was nil by mouth was that they were preparing me for an operation. The doctor told me that she saw my friend's prayer being answered. I've not had the operation.

I am nothing special at all. I don't have faith like Smith Wigglesworth, I am not a great preacher like Spurgeon or an evangelist like Billy Graham. I've worked full time since leaving school, never been to theological college and I'm as ordinary as it gets. The difference is Jesus. I owe Him everything. I never felt alone, lost, abandoned or in fear of death.

Some years ago, I was encouraged to take God at His word. I no longer bother with how I feel and I know my thoughts are not always right. I face problems that once would have destroyed me. Yet I have peace in the storm. That is solely by God's grace. Discover who you are in Christ, don't expect anything from yourself and trust the Lord with all your heart. We need our minds renewed so that we don't argue with God's word. Fill yourself with the positives, Galatians 2:20, 1 Corinthians 5:17, Romans 8 and all of Ephesians.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Precious friend, mikebcn, I will pray for you and yours. Hope this helps:
GRACE Word for infirmities

Aug 4, 2021
Faith in God, it will work out. Your story does not match up btw, you ought to have a good pension if what you tell is true. Regardless, losing faith is never an option. Your parents are old if you are in your 50s, nobody needs to pray for them to be together, when they are 70+ years, who do not want to live alone the last 10 years. Stopp being depressed, if you have faith, there is no reason to be depressed. Sounds like you got to cut your sister and some people. Up to you of course

Joseglo

Jul 4, 2021
Dear brother, all you need is more fellowship with the Lord. He is the potter and you are the clay and let God mould you according to the good pleasures of His heart. Set aside every pain, hurt and failure. The Word of God declares we have a high priest in heaven who is touched by our infirmities. God needs you whole and sound and not broken and down. Spend more time in His Word and presence. He will open the eyes of your understanding and the scales will fall off and the only Person you will behold will be the Lord Jesus Christ. God loves you and has you in mind morethan you could ever think. Amen. He is present and waiting for you