I needed to remind myself that eternal salvation starts now...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The ultimate Salvation that gives us eternal life in Him is such a huge everlasting Blessing. I am so grateful. We talk about Heaven and Hell, and the consequences of believing or not. But I want to call to remembrance the value of having Him now, regardless the outcome after our flesh ceases to take another breath of Yahweh.

Yes, our eternal lives matter. Again, I am so thankful for the hope He brings. His peace and so much more comes with knowing that one day all our suffering will be over. The importance of salvation in the lives we lead, however, right here, right now, while we are are still here also has great significance. He isn't just saving us for down the road when our physical selves are no longer relevant.

A softened heart of flesh come with choosing to receive His Grace. I think that a tender and teachable heart and mind are such precious gifts, especially when put into action. When we don't walk in His spirit, we can become cold hearted, indifferent, unkind, bitter, angry and unforgiving, uninspired, slandering, gossips, filled with worry, suspicions, greed, haughtiness, pride and selfishness, lacking any self control. Are not those some of the very things of the flesh that we are to be saved from? I wonder...are we putting our salvation up on a shelf, hoping to secure our spot when we need it?

Don't get me wrong, we will always need His grace, His intercession. Our natural tendencies towards sin will always surface, but they definitely are not to have dominion over us. He died so that we can too, our sinful ways, rooted in hearts of stone, that is. We should renew our thoughts in Him, guarding our Hearts and minds in Him.

He is clear on what He expects and wants from us. He wants us, our hearts and minds, to abide in the richness of His Glory today and always. How can He use us, if the core of who we are opposes who He is?

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality.
Romans 12:9‭-‬13 NASB

For I am afraid that perhaps when I come I may find you to be not what I wish and may be found by you to be not what you wish; that perhaps there will be strife, jealousy, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, disturbances;
2 Corinthians 12:20 NASB

with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,
Ephesians 4:2 NASB

But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 3:13 NASB

to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.
Titus 3:2 NASB

being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,
Romans 1:29 NASB

He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8 NASB

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5:18‭-‬24‭, ‬26 NASB Screenshot_20190115-091601_Facebook.jpg

KD

Nov 20, 2018
The ultimate Salvation that gives us eternal life in Him is such a huge everlasting Blessing. I am so grateful. We talk about Heaven and Hell, and the consequences of believing or not. But I want to call to remembrance the value of having Him now, regardless the outcome after our flesh ceases to take another breath of Yahweh.

Yes, our eternal lives matter. Again, I am so thankful for the hope He brings. His peace and so much more comes with knowing that one day all our suffering will be over. The importance of salvation in the lives we lead, however, right here, right now, while we are are still here also has great significance. He isn't just saving us for down the road when our physical selves are no longer relevant.

A softened heart of flesh come with choosing to receive His Grace. I think that a tender and teachable heart and mind are such precious gifts, especially when put into action. When we don't walk in His spirit, we can become cold hearted, indifferent, unkind, bitter, angry and unforgiving, uninspired, slandering, gossips, filled with worry, suspicions, greed, haughtiness, pride and selfishness, lacking any self control. Are not those some of the very things of the flesh that we are to be saved from? I wonder...are we putting our salvation up on a shelf, hoping to secure our spot when we need it?

Don't get me wrong, we will always need His grace, His intercession. Our natural tendencies towards sin will always surface, but they definitely are not to have dominion over us. He died so that we can too, our sinful ways, rooted in hearts of stone, that is. We should renew our thoughts in Him, guarding our Hearts and minds in Him.

He is clear on what He expects and wants from us. He wants us, our hearts and minds, to abide in the richness of His Glory today and always. How can He use us, if the core of who we are opposes who He is?

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality.
Romans 12:9‭-‬13 NASB

For I am afraid that perhaps when I come I may find you to be not what I wish and may be found by you to be not what you wish; that perhaps there will be strife, jealousy, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, disturbances;
2 Corinthians 12:20 NASB

with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,
Ephesians 4:2 NASB

But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 3:13 NASB

to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.
Titus 3:2 NASB

being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,
Romans 1:29 NASB

He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8 NASB

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5:18‭-‬24‭, ‬26 NASB View attachment 193098
What a great reminder! I thank God for this post. I was literally speaking to a friend on this topic within the last half hour.

How great is it to be encouraged by fellow believers in the spirit of truth.

Though we will always fall short we are to strive to do His work, wear His Armor, sing His praises and let the Light He has given to us shine knowing that His grace is sufficient.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
What a great reminder! I thank God for this post. I was literally speaking to a friend on this topic within the last half hour.

How great is it to be encouraged by fellow believers in the spirit of truth.

Though we will always fall short we are to strive to do His work, wear His Armor, sing His praises and let the Light He has given to us shine knowing that His grace is sufficient.
First, thanks for reading as I know it was lengthy. Second of all, I agree it is such a soothing gift knowing fellow believers share His spirit. I think it is so cool that you were just having a similar conversation about these things. Yes, so encouraging. Thank you again, KD, for your kind words of encouragement. God Bless you and yours. Hugs.

E

eternally-gratefull

1 John 5: 9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of [c]God which He has testified of His Son. 10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has [d]life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, [e]and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

John wants us to know our means to continue e in faith is to KNOW we have eternal life.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
TODAY is the day of salvation!

Hallelujah! I woke up this morning...and saw the light. I hope everyone reading this thread woke up too. PRaise the Lord! It may be cloudy outside...but the sun is still there, behind the clouds.

We are children of the light, not the darkness.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
TODAY is the day of salvation!

Hallelujah! I woke up this morning...and saw the light. I hope everyone reading this thread woke up too. PRaise the Lord! It may be cloudy outside...but the sun is still there, behind the clouds.

We are children of the light, not the darkness.
Amen, you got that right. Praise His Holy name!!!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
1 John 5: 9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of [c]God which He has testified of His Son. 10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has [d]life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, [e]and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

John wants us to know our means to continue e in faith is to KNOW we have eternal life.
Amen Brother, Screenshot_20190115-093228_Chrome.jpg eternal life that starts the moment we truly believe