I promised a piece about my oddities, and so here it is.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

enril

Well-known member
Aug 18, 2024
1,231
664
113
17
I am a very strange person. I suppose I owe some explanation to those of you who were not there for my emergence into here.
I grew up as a kid, and when I was seven years old, at an Awana club, my first night, I was introduced to the word of God, and accepted him into my heart. and after that, many things happened, I rejected that concupiescential faith, and lived without God for a time, about 2-3 years. That is in part why I have so many unique beliefs and character traits.
I came to salvation after that period, and it was like a dam broke in my soul, and it was a few months after that, I believe, that I joined. I have been saved for two years, three months, and 19 days. I still suffered, but through the guidance of many wonderful people, including my cc aunty seoul and Mr. sub, along with many others, I was corrected into the right course, and through long months of pain, eventually healed enough to be where I am now.
However, my story is not why I am here today, no, I am here to talk about my weirdness.
So here it is folks. Welcome to the mind of the prince. You have been warned.

Let's see, we must pick somewhere to start, so let's start here....
I have/had multiple personality disorder. It is traceable back to about 5 years ago, but has moved around in severity. It mostly came to a head when William passed away, and I split into 3 main categories; Blood, to manage painful memories, self-harm, etc, Tears, to manage grief, pain, loss, the past, and Darkness, to hold the monster that threatened to consume my soul. Also ICE, to maintain a calm, cool face in front of the world. They used to have a their own volition, a little free will, and sometimes I would do things as one or another and not remember. I still have them, but they have mostly been absorbed by me. sometimes one can break out, and I use them to influence my writing for specific themes. But for a while it got really weird and my friends would avoid me just a little.

I also have done some pretty stupid things. At a men's retreat, I pulled an all nightery with some friends, and we basically consumed about 40+ bottles of powdered drink mix, mostly the caffeinated kind. (that's a lott of caff) I think that changed how caffeine works for me, because now it is a mental stimulant, not a physical one, that I generally use to improve my writing. It effectively slows down time for me. Speeds my mind up, really. I recently discovered caffeine pouches, like nicotine pouches, but better, and a lot cheaper than energy drinks. I am using one right now. I generally consume about 2-400 mg a month, although that varies. in August, I had ~200, September none, October so far, ~200, although a friend gave me a drink with 300mg (!) to try, so I'll get a lot more this month. I prefer it in shots of 180 on an empty stomach, as it takes effect faster and is more potent.

I have the strange ability to monitor and control burning use, so I can slowly meter it out or burn it quickly for a shorter, more powerful boost to focus and speed. I treat energy the same way, as a pool, and I can store up both it and exhaustion, so if I need it I can briefly have a burst of energy, or I can fall asleep anywhere. I manage them carefully, so I don't run out of energy, because that sucks.

I write, and it gets beautifully weird real quick.
"A fragment of Glass falls from the sky..." "slowly, so slowly it descends" "He remembers" "The fragment hits the cold, unforgiving asphalt, and it shatters..." "like the glass, he, too, had shattered, when pushed over the edge"

I am a self-identified Metalhead, a subculture of Goth, and it shows, slightly. I wear my hair long, although I am getting it cut, :( and I wear skull iconography, and I have a couple band shirts. I am also obsessed with swords, for semi obvious reasons. I wear dark clothing and black slim jeans on occasion, although not to church, also for obvious reasons.

And I listen to music that a lot of my fellow Christians don't believe is compatible with salvation or being a 'good' Christian, even though most of it is Christian music.

I have a lot of unorthodox beliefs, most of which are not worth arguing about. For example, I don't believe that removing your hat to pray is necessary, as removal of the hat is a cultural symbol of respect, and if there is no respect, then to remove the hat would be to lie. Also, the command in the bible is right next to one for women to cover their heads, which is not done any more.

I also don't believe that dating is commanded either way in the bible, it is simply a matter of wisdom. And for me, I have seen fallout from that (explained more deeply in the suicide prevention thread) that makes me want to stay clear of that whole mess. However, I did have a girl tell me I have a hot voice one time, which is a good memory. (what? it was a weird thing to say, but I'll take any compliment I can get.)

I read a lot, and I absorb my characters into myself. for example, my multiple personality disorder was originally absorbed from a character in a book.

I have advanced paranoia, and that manifests as extreme carefulness, an inability to trust anyone, even and especially myself, etc.

Losing William hurt me so bad, I basically went into shock until this February, when it finally hit, and I sank into deep grief. I can safely say it was one of the worst times of my life (top 5, 3 even!) Time stretched and bent, and I lost track of my mind in that time. I was normal all day, and then during the night I grieved and silently cried myself to sleep. Proverbs 14:13; in the midst of laughter there is grief, and in mirth there is sorrow.\
Sometimes I wonder how much of my life is based simply because of something that he said or something he told me. for example, I only listen to Christian metal, mostly, because he passed away before I got around to asking him for recommendations for secular music.
You know, the thing that I almost think I most desire is to know where his vessel is buried, so if I ever visit I can pay my respects.

I am also a very imbalanced person. I have an undiagnosed weak stomach, so there are a lot of things I can't eat or shouldn't eat, that were fine recently.

I have a profoundly weird sense of taste, so I simply cannot eat honey unless it is certain local varieties, not an allergy, just it tastes awful. And My sense of taste is unusual too. Certain things fluctuate from good to bad, so right now I cannot eat peanut butter, it tastes like stinkbug butt. (don't sleep with your mouth open and you will never have to know) For a time, beef of any kind tasted like death. And yes, death has a flavor and a scent. This stems from losing an uncle when I was young. That affected me in many deep ways. for one, funerals are physically painful to me. I can smell the death, in many cases. I have considered becoming vegan, and likely will, once I move out, because I can't handle the taste of meat in many cases. it tastes and feels like death. And the way we Americans like our red meats is both disturbing and disgusting. I do not like meat that is not cooked in the slightest, even if it 'preserves the flavor' I like my meat thoroughly slightly pink, not dripping with blood.

I also employ the British 'u' quite a lot, comes from reading British novels I suppose.

Oh and I am a manga fan. *not* anime. I really enjoy a good manga, the characters are cute and I enjoy the Japanese art style. I also think that I could probably pull off an anime character for a cosplay ;) which I think would be really cool. I am a fan of animations on youtube like JaidenAnimations or Odd1sout.

And I don't have a Friend. I have y'all here (@seoul ;)) and some friends my own age too in person, but no one who I can really be myself around, except for myself. which is lame, just me and myself.

So this is as much of me as I can think of under the influence of a collective 100 mg of caffeine. thanks to anyone who cares enough to read my rambling thougths about my own quirks.



Anyone want to try to compete?
Comment with your strangest quirk to be entered to win an lol emoji.
:ROFL:
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
Hold on back up a bit...who is William? I mean what relation is he to you?
Subhumanoidal. Former member of this site. No physical relation, but he was what kept me going through the dark times after and when I joined here. He was a metalhead too, and really before I was more than a light follower of the genre. He helped me come to terms with who and what I was, and I came to love him as an older brother.
 
  • Pray
Reactions: seoulsearch
hmm ok that doesn't sound weird or odd to me at all what you've posted. There's probably a lot of people who are similar to you on CC.

I have no quirks. I am just Lanolin. There is nothing uniquely special about me.
 
hmm ok that doesn't sound weird or odd to me at all what you've posted. There's probably a lot of people who are similar to you on CC.

I have no quirks. I am just Lanolin. There is nothing uniquely special about me.
thank you :) <3
 
I am a very strange person. I suppose I owe some explanation to those of you who were not there for my emergence into here.
I grew up as a kid, and when I was seven years old, at an Awana club, my first night, I was introduced to the word of God, and accepted him into my heart. and after that, many things happened, I rejected that concupiescential faith, and lived without God for a time, about 2-3 years. That is in part why I have so many unique beliefs and character traits.
I came to salvation after that period, and it was like a dam broke in my soul, and it was a few months after that, I believe, that I joined. I have been saved for two years, three months, and 19 days. I still suffered, but through the guidance of many wonderful people, including my cc aunty seoul and Mr. sub, along with many others, I was corrected into the right course, and through long months of pain, eventually healed enough to be where I am now.
However, my story is not why I am here today, no, I am here to talk about my weirdness.
So here it is folks. Welcome to the mind of the prince. You have been warned.

Let's see, we must pick somewhere to start, so let's start here....
I have/had multiple personality disorder. It is traceable back to about 5 years ago, but has moved around in severity. It mostly came to a head when William passed away, and I split into 3 main categories; Blood, to manage painful memories, self-harm, etc, Tears, to manage grief, pain, loss, the past, and Darkness, to hold the monster that threatened to consume my soul. Also ICE, to maintain a calm, cool face in front of the world. They used to have a their own volition, a little free will, and sometimes I would do things as one or another and not remember. I still have them, but they have mostly been absorbed by me. sometimes one can break out, and I use them to influence my writing for specific themes. But for a while it got really weird and my friends would avoid me just a little.

I also have done some pretty stupid things. At a men's retreat, I pulled an all nightery with some friends, and we basically consumed about 40+ bottles of powdered drink mix, mostly the caffeinated kind. (that's a lott of caff) I think that changed how caffeine works for me, because now it is a mental stimulant, not a physical one, that I generally use to improve my writing. It effectively slows down time for me. Speeds my mind up, really. I recently discovered caffeine pouches, like nicotine pouches, but better, and a lot cheaper than energy drinks. I am using one right now. I generally consume about 2-400 mg a month, although that varies. in August, I had ~200, September none, October so far, ~200, although a friend gave me a drink with 300mg (!) to try, so I'll get a lot more this month. I prefer it in shots of 180 on an empty stomach, as it takes effect faster and is more potent.

I have the strange ability to monitor and control burning use, so I can slowly meter it out or burn it quickly for a shorter, more powerful boost to focus and speed. I treat energy the same way, as a pool, and I can store up both it and exhaustion, so if I need it I can briefly have a burst of energy, or I can fall asleep anywhere. I manage them carefully, so I don't run out of energy, because that sucks.

I write, and it gets beautifully weird real quick.
"A fragment of Glass falls from the sky..." "slowly, so slowly it descends" "He remembers" "The fragment hits the cold, unforgiving asphalt, and it shatters..." "like the glass, he, too, had shattered, when pushed over the edge"

I am a self-identified Metalhead, a subculture of Goth, and it shows, slightly. I wear my hair long, although I am getting it cut, :( and I wear skull iconography, and I have a couple band shirts. I am also obsessed with swords, for semi obvious reasons. I wear dark clothing and black slim jeans on occasion, although not to church, also for obvious reasons.

And I listen to music that a lot of my fellow Christians don't believe is compatible with salvation or being a 'good' Christian, even though most of it is Christian music.

I have a lot of unorthodox beliefs, most of which are not worth arguing about. For example, I don't believe that removing your hat to pray is necessary, as removal of the hat is a cultural symbol of respect, and if there is no respect, then to remove the hat would be to lie. Also, the command in the bible is right next to one for women to cover their heads, which is not done any more.

I also don't believe that dating is commanded either way in the bible, it is simply a matter of wisdom. And for me, I have seen fallout from that (explained more deeply in the suicide prevention thread) that makes me want to stay clear of that whole mess. However, I did have a girl tell me I have a hot voice one time, which is a good memory. (what? it was a weird thing to say, but I'll take any compliment I can get.)

I read a lot, and I absorb my characters into myself. for example, my multiple personality disorder was originally absorbed from a character in a book.

I have advanced paranoia, and that manifests as extreme carefulness, an inability to trust anyone, even and especially myself, etc.

Losing William hurt me so bad, I basically went into shock until this February, when it finally hit, and I sank into deep grief. I can safely say it was one of the worst times of my life (top 5, 3 even!) Time stretched and bent, and I lost track of my mind in that time. I was normal all day, and then during the night I grieved and silently cried myself to sleep. Proverbs 14:13; in the midst of laughter there is grief, and in mirth there is sorrow.\
Sometimes I wonder how much of my life is based simply because of something that he said or something he told me. for example, I only listen to Christian metal, mostly, because he passed away before I got around to asking him for recommendations for secular music.
You know, the thing that I almost think I most desire is to know where his vessel is buried, so if I ever visit I can pay my respects.

I am also a very imbalanced person. I have an undiagnosed weak stomach, so there are a lot of things I can't eat or shouldn't eat, that were fine recently.

I have a profoundly weird sense of taste, so I simply cannot eat honey unless it is certain local varieties, not an allergy, just it tastes awful. And My sense of taste is unusual too. Certain things fluctuate from good to bad, so right now I cannot eat peanut butter, it tastes like stinkbug butt. (don't sleep with your mouth open and you will never have to know) For a time, beef of any kind tasted like death. And yes, death has a flavor and a scent. This stems from losing an uncle when I was young. That affected me in many deep ways. for one, funerals are physically painful to me. I can smell the death, in many cases. I have considered becoming vegan, and likely will, once I move out, because I can't handle the taste of meat in many cases. it tastes and feels like death. And the way we Americans like our red meats is both disturbing and disgusting. I do not like meat that is not cooked in the slightest, even if it 'preserves the flavor' I like my meat thoroughly slightly pink, not dripping with blood.

I also employ the British 'u' quite a lot, comes from reading British novels I suppose.

Oh and I am a manga fan. *not* anime. I really enjoy a good manga, the characters are cute and I enjoy the Japanese art style. I also think that I could probably pull off an anime character for a cosplay ;) which I think would be really cool. I am a fan of animations on youtube like JaidenAnimations or Odd1sout.

And I don't have a Friend. I have y'all here (@seoul ;)) and some friends my own age too in person, but no one who I can really be myself around, except for myself. which is lame, just me and myself.

So this is as much of me as I can think of under the influence of a collective 100 mg of caffeine. thanks to anyone who cares enough to read my rambling thougths about my own quirks.



Anyone want to try to compete?
Comment with your strangest quirk to be entered to win an lol emoji.
:ROFL:
 

I was rather suspicious when this listed only 2.

I had to go back and check the thread...

Ok, I feel better now! :LOL:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: enril
And yes, commercial "honey" is just sweet. Not real honey at all. Find a bee keeper and get it straight from him. That's the only good honey, though most people (who are just looking for "sweet" and the more anonymous the flavor the better they like it) don't like real honey as much.
 
  • Like
Reactions: enril
And yes, commercial "honey" is just sweet. Not real honey at all. Find a bee keeper and get it straight from him. That's the only good honey, though most people (who are just looking for "sweet" and the more anonymous the flavor the better they like it) don't like real honey as much.
no, not commercial honey, it was real, raw wildflower and orange blossom honey.
 
hmm ok that doesn't sound weird or odd to me at all what you've posted. There's probably a lot of people who are similar to you on CC.

I have no quirks. I am just Lanolin. There is nothing uniquely special about me.

There is something VERY special about you...

I'm going to recruit you to help me organize 10,000 books in under 30 minutes (reference to a game in the gaming thread.)

With your expert Librarian Skills, you, my Sheepy Friend, are going to help me achieve this in that game!! :D


1791491799437.png
 
  • Heart
Reactions: enril
Thanks @Lynx.
I have been reminded of a few things I do that I don't consider weird, simply because I have been doing them so long.::

I, too, like many different styles of music. Including secular music, if it evokes powerful emotion, or just sounds good and does not contain any bad content.

I always sleep fully dressed, by normal person standards. Also, to top that off, I also wear double up jeans. I have been wearing 2 layers of jeans for nearly 4 years now, and it is totally normal to me. also, Jeans are comfy.

I only wear longsleeve shirts if I can help it, even days when it's like 100 degrees. And I prefer button downs. Polos are a big no-go-fo-sho-bro, but I really enjoy slightly fancier ones, and generally the one I wear reflects my mood.

And I hate water, I don't fear it, I just dislike it. Showers are a chore for me, and don't happen as often as they should. Which is an odd trait for someone like me with mild ocd and a need to be clean all the time. I do fear deep water, if I can't see the bottom, but that is a story for another day.

I will eat anything that is cheap and doesn't make me sick. this is regarded as many as a design flaw.

Whenever I take a test (like, a personal traits or something, not an exam.), I land right about in the middle. I usually get about 47/53, 23, 24, 26, and 27, or some other pretty much center answer :ROFL:

(the aforementioned drink a friend gave me is crazy. after a month of no caffeine, it has me typing maybe 40-80 wpm, more accurate than usual, and way more crazy. sorry if my posts sound a bit high lol)
 
hmm ok that doesn't sound weird or odd to me at all what you've posted. There's probably a lot of people who are similar to you on CC.

I have no quirks. I am just Lanolin. There is nothing uniquely special about me.

In all seriousness, Lanolin -- the forum truly wouldn't be the same without you!!

I really enjoy the cultural insights (food, housing, daily living, politics, etc.) you always bring to the table.

And I'm sure your gardening skills are second to none in many of these threads!!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: enril
Hello there, CC Nephew :).

Thank you for telling us more about you. 💖I'm very happy that we've been able to be of some assistance to you, even if only on a forum.

William (Subhumanoidal) wrote me something very touching before he passed -- he told me that he was looking for examples of how to communicate with people, and that he would read my threads for pointers. That's one of the greatest compliments anyone has ever given me. I don't think I'm all that great of a communicator, but I was happy that he found some of my threads to be useful.

I'm so glad that he was such a comfort to you and I'm so sorry that has been lost (until we see him again.) Singles used to have at least two other regular "Metalheads" (one of them told me that he saw himself, Sub, and the other as "The Three Metalheads of CC", kind of like the 3 Musketeers,) but unfortunately, I haven't seen either in years or I would direct you to them.

What kinds of things do you write? Are you working on a novel? I especially loved your line, "Time stretched and bent," even though it was in such a sad context. I'm a sucker for wordings that make the reader see, smell, feel, or experience a concept in a novel, brain-twisting way. "Time stretched and bent" made me think of time in the form of a rubber band -- and how sometimes, it feels like it's breaking.


You have me thinking about how the passage of time often makes us realize that sometimes, not always, but sometimes, our oddities aren't all that odd, or if they still are, they might have a purpose. A person with oddities understands things others might not, and the world is crying out for people who are willing to try to understand.

Oddities shape us to be able to reach others no one else can (as does, in some cases, isolation.)


I don't want to try to compete with you, as the focus here needs to be mostly on you and helping you grow through Christ. :)

My one oddity that always stands out is that I've always had a mutual attraction to people who have gone through very intense things in life. Henceforth, the nearly 10 years I spent writing paper letters to, and visiting inmates in prison who had committed severe crimes (usually murder.) I generally chose to write those with the worst crimes and longest sentences (often LWOP -- life without parole.) I've been to 5 maximum security prisons (as a visitor, not an inmate.)

I was very isolated during that time as well, and it was about my only contact with anyone outside my normal routine of work, caretaking, and church. I sort of had friends (at work) but everyone was busy raising their own families.

So my letters with the inmates was about my only social interaction by choice for almost a decade. Sometimes it was to soldiers stationed in other countries (keeping with the theme of talking to people going through extremes.)

God eventually stopped it all for my own protection, but I still miss it and would go back to it if He allowed.

I can survive just on social interaction being only written communication with people very far away (when I have no real-life options,) and have been like that my whole life.

I used to wonder if God was setting me up to be a military wife and was training me to be able to endure the long separations, but so far that hasn't been the case.


But going back to you @enril -- I know Subhumanoidal (@Mezame83 might want to read your posts about him) would be very proud of how far you've come, and of course, I am, too.

Not that you need the approval of anyone here, but it's important to know that you are cared for and I'm glad you are back and hanging out with us.

It's always great to see you in the threads. I often write them with you and a few others in mind (who also have little social contact,) so it's very rewarding to me to see that "hanging out", even through threads, can still help other people in a meaningful way.

You are a blessing and we pray that God will continue to bless and keep you along your way. 💖🙏🏼💐

So good to see you back!! :)
 
I am a very strange person. I suppose I owe some explanation to those of you who were not there for my emergence into here.
I grew up as a kid, and when I was seven years old, at an Awana club, my first night, I was introduced to the word of God, and accepted him into my heart. and after that, many things happened, I rejected that concupiescential faith, and lived without God for a time, about 2-3 years. That is in part why I have so many unique beliefs and character traits.
I came to salvation after that period, and it was like a dam broke in my soul, and it was a few months after that, I believe, that I joined. I have been saved for two years, three months, and 19 days. I still suffered, but through the guidance of many wonderful people, including my cc aunty seoul and Mr. sub, along with many others, I was corrected into the right course, and through long months of pain, eventually healed enough to be where I am now.
However, my story is not why I am here today, no, I am here to talk about my weirdness.
So here it is folks. Welcome to the mind of the prince. You have been warned.

Let's see, we must pick somewhere to start, so let's start here....
I have/had multiple personality disorder. It is traceable back to about 5 years ago, but has moved around in severity. It mostly came to a head when William passed away, and I split into 3 main categories; Blood, to manage painful memories, self-harm, etc, Tears, to manage grief, pain, loss, the past, and Darkness, to hold the monster that threatened to consume my soul. Also ICE, to maintain a calm, cool face in front of the world. They used to have a their own volition, a little free will, and sometimes I would do things as one or another and not remember. I still have them, but they have mostly been absorbed by me. sometimes one can break out, and I use them to influence my writing for specific themes. But for a while it got really weird and my friends would avoid me just a little.

I also have done some pretty stupid things. At a men's retreat, I pulled an all nightery with some friends, and we basically consumed about 40+ bottles of powdered drink mix, mostly the caffeinated kind. (that's a lott of caff) I think that changed how caffeine works for me, because now it is a mental stimulant, not a physical one, that I generally use to improve my writing. It effectively slows down time for me. Speeds my mind up, really. I recently discovered caffeine pouches, like nicotine pouches, but better, and a lot cheaper than energy drinks. I am using one right now. I generally consume about 2-400 mg a month, although that varies. in August, I had ~200, September none, October so far, ~200, although a friend gave me a drink with 300mg (!) to try, so I'll get a lot more this month. I prefer it in shots of 180 on an empty stomach, as it takes effect faster and is more potent.

I have the strange ability to monitor and control burning use, so I can slowly meter it out or burn it quickly for a shorter, more powerful boost to focus and speed. I treat energy the same way, as a pool, and I can store up both it and exhaustion, so if I need it I can briefly have a burst of energy, or I can fall asleep anywhere. I manage them carefully, so I don't run out of energy, because that sucks.

I write, and it gets beautifully weird real quick.
"A fragment of Glass falls from the sky..." "slowly, so slowly it descends" "He remembers" "The fragment hits the cold, unforgiving asphalt, and it shatters..." "like the glass, he, too, had shattered, when pushed over the edge"

I am a self-identified Metalhead, a subculture of Goth, and it shows, slightly. I wear my hair long, although I am getting it cut, :( and I wear skull iconography, and I have a couple band shirts. I am also obsessed with swords, for semi obvious reasons. I wear dark clothing and black slim jeans on occasion, although not to church, also for obvious reasons.

And I listen to music that a lot of my fellow Christians don't believe is compatible with salvation or being a 'good' Christian, even though most of it is Christian music.

I have a lot of unorthodox beliefs, most of which are not worth arguing about. For example, I don't believe that removing your hat to pray is necessary, as removal of the hat is a cultural symbol of respect, and if there is no respect, then to remove the hat would be to lie. Also, the command in the bible is right next to one for women to cover their heads, which is not done any more.

I also don't believe that dating is commanded either way in the bible, it is simply a matter of wisdom. And for me, I have seen fallout from that (explained more deeply in the suicide prevention thread) that makes me want to stay clear of that whole mess. However, I did have a girl tell me I have a hot voice one time, which is a good memory. (what? it was a weird thing to say, but I'll take any compliment I can get.)

I read a lot, and I absorb my characters into myself. for example, my multiple personality disorder was originally absorbed from a character in a book.

I have advanced paranoia, and that manifests as extreme carefulness, an inability to trust anyone, even and especially myself, etc.

Losing William hurt me so bad, I basically went into shock until this February, when it finally hit, and I sank into deep grief. I can safely say it was one of the worst times of my life (top 5, 3 even!) Time stretched and bent, and I lost track of my mind in that time. I was normal all day, and then during the night I grieved and silently cried myself to sleep. Proverbs 14:13; in the midst of laughter there is grief, and in mirth there is sorrow.\
Sometimes I wonder how much of my life is based simply because of something that he said or something he told me. for example, I only listen to Christian metal, mostly, because he passed away before I got around to asking him for recommendations for secular music.
You know, the thing that I almost think I most desire is to know where his vessel is buried, so if I ever visit I can pay my respects.

I am also a very imbalanced person. I have an undiagnosed weak stomach, so there are a lot of things I can't eat or shouldn't eat, that were fine recently.

I have a profoundly weird sense of taste, so I simply cannot eat honey unless it is certain local varieties, not an allergy, just it tastes awful. And My sense of taste is unusual too. Certain things fluctuate from good to bad, so right now I cannot eat peanut butter, it tastes like stinkbug butt. (don't sleep with your mouth open and you will never have to know) For a time, beef of any kind tasted like death. And yes, death has a flavor and a scent. This stems from losing an uncle when I was young. That affected me in many deep ways. for one, funerals are physically painful to me. I can smell the death, in many cases. I have considered becoming vegan, and likely will, once I move out, because I can't handle the taste of meat in many cases. it tastes and feels like death. And the way we Americans like our red meats is both disturbing and disgusting. I do not like meat that is not cooked in the slightest, even if it 'preserves the flavor' I like my meat thoroughly slightly pink, not dripping with blood.

I also employ the British 'u' quite a lot, comes from reading British novels I suppose.

Oh and I am a manga fan. *not* anime. I really enjoy a good manga, the characters are cute and I enjoy the Japanese art style. I also think that I could probably pull off an anime character for a cosplay ;) which I think would be really cool. I am a fan of animations on youtube like JaidenAnimations or Odd1sout.

And I don't have a Friend. I have y'all here (@seoul ;)) and some friends my own age too in person, but no one who I can really be myself around, except for myself. which is lame, just me and myself.

So this is as much of me as I can think of under the influence of a collective 100 mg of caffeine. thanks to anyone who cares enough to read my rambling thougths about my own quirks.



Anyone want to try to compete?
Comment with your strangest quirk to be entered to win an lol emoji.
:ROFL:
My 3rd wife had 19 personalities...
 
Hello there, CC Nephew :).

Thank you for telling us more about you. 💖I'm very happy that we've been able to be of some assistance to you, even if only on a forum.

William (Subhumanoidal) wrote me something very touching before he passed -- he told me that he was looking for examples of how to communicate with people, and that he would read my threads for pointers. That's one of the greatest compliments anyone has ever given me. I don't think I'm all that great of a communicator, but I was happy that he found some of my threads to be useful.

I'm so glad that he was such a comfort to you and I'm so sorry that has been lost (until we see him again.) Singles used to have at least two other regular "Metalheads" (one of them told me that he saw himself, Sub, and the other as "The Three Metalheads of CC", kind of like the 3 Musketeers,) but unfortunately, I haven't seen either in years or I would direct you to them.

What kinds of things do you write? Are you working on a novel? I especially loved your line, "Time stretched and bent," even though it was in such a sad context. I'm a sucker for wordings that make the reader see, smell, feel, or experience a concept in a novel, brain-twisting way. "Time stretched and bent" made me think of time in the form of a rubber band -- and how sometimes, it feels like it's breaking.


You have me thinking about how the passage of time often makes us realize that sometimes, not always, but sometimes, our oddities aren't all that odd, or if they still are, they might have a purpose. A person with oddities understands things others might not, and the world is crying out for people who are willing to try to understand.

Oddities shape us to be able to reach others no one else can (as does, in some cases, isolation.)


I don't want to try to compete with you, as the focus here needs to be mostly on you and helping you grow through Christ. :)

My one oddity that always stands out is that I've always had a mutual attraction to people who have gone through very intense things in life. Henceforth, the nearly 10 years I spent writing paper letters to, and visiting inmates in prison who had committed severe crimes (usually murder.) I generally chose to write those with the worst crimes and longest sentences (often LWOP -- life without parole.) I've been to 5 maximum security prisons (as a visitor, not an inmate.)

I was very isolated during that time as well, and it was about my only contact with anyone outside my normal routine of work, caretaking, and church. I sort of had friends (at work) but everyone was busy raising their own families.

So my letters with the inmates was about my only social interaction by choice for almost a decade. Sometimes it was to soldiers stationed in other countries (keeping with the theme of talking to people going through extremes.)

God eventually stopped it all for my own protection, but I still miss it and would go back to it if He allowed.

I can survive just on social interaction being only written communication with people very far away (when I have no real-life options,) and have been like that my whole life.

I used to wonder if God was setting me up to be a military wife and was training me to be able to endure the long separations, but so far that hasn't been the case.


But going back to you @enril -- I know Subhumanoidal (@Mezame83 might want to read your posts about him) would be very proud of how far you've come, and of course, I am, too.

Not that you need the approval of anyone here, but it's important to know that you are cared for and I'm glad you are back and hanging out with us.

It's always great to see you in the threads. I often write them with you and a few others in mind (who also have little social contact,) so it's very rewarding to me to see that "hanging out", even through threads, can still help other people in a meaningful way.

You are a blessing and we pray that God will continue to bless and keep you along your way. 💖🙏🏼💐

So good to see you back!! :)
Yeah, I talked to zao a bit back a while.

I don't have a novel, besides my life, but I enjoy writing odd fiction pages and fragments of flash fiction. My favorite is things that make the reader feel, so top novels are the short one, 'inertia' by Veronica Roth, and 'Roxy' by Neal Shusterman, (about depression/loss and drug abuse, respectively)

yes, my oddities have made connections and give me a unique take on life. "I thank God for the hard times, cus without em I wouldn't be here" - NF, I can feel it. They are a part of me and I wouldn't give any of them up (except my aquaphobia)

Yeah, that is very understandable and relatable. I am not a social butterfly, but I do enjoy communication with people I don't know. Especially online, where I can practice being open before doing it in front of people I want to impress.

thank you very much. yes, they are very helpful, and you have me tearing up in a happy sort of way with your kind words.

It's so good to be back, too. I missed y'all for my many long month break.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
OOh, here's another oddity, that annoys a lot of people :LOL: I like to write as I would speak, if possible. excessive use of emojies helps a lot with that ;)
 
  • Love
Reactions: seoulsearch
OOh, here's another oddity, that annoys a lot of people :LOL: I like to write as I would speak, if possible. excessive use of emojies helps a lot with that ;)

I forgot to tell you, thank you for letting me rant ALL about Mr. Dean Koontz!!

He has a new book coming out...

I have to remember to put it on hold at the library!!! 😁


Oooohhh... Did you ever finish Lightning?!
 
  • Like
Reactions: enril