I really goosed myself today.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
I have no idea what I was thinking.

This is not even remotely like myself and I should have known better.

I'm so ashamed right now. :(

Anyway, I tried to refinance my student loans with an agency.

I wasn't in default, or had any problems with payments, but the offer given was something I thought would be best for me.

Consolidation. A student loan forgiveness program that will soon end after Obama leaves office. How could I lose, right?

I gave out my social security number, birth date, routing and account number of my bank, address, phone number, personal contacts, and I also signed about 15 digital signatures with online forms that I didn't bother to read.

I just tapped the screen on my tablet where it said to while talking on the phone with this representative.

I guess the scam is that they offer loan forgiveness but just put them on forbearance and then disappear after a few years while receiving payments I agreed upon.

My FSA ID information has been breached since I received a notice by them that my password has changed.

I looked up the phone number given to me by personal mail and it turned out to be bogus.

I'll call the U.S. Department of Education on Monday and see what can be done from my egregious mistake on this.

If anyone is good with the law or knows of someone that's experienced in student loans, please private message me.

I really could use some advice on what I've done.

As for now, I'm fairly sure I gave out my complete identity to these people.

Dear Lord.

I should be shot just on general principle for being so naive.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Oy vey, Addison... :( NEVER EVER give out your info online to someone unless you've done research on them/ their company first.. Don't wait until Monday, call who you need to call TODAY, right now.. I hope you can get your $$$ back..

Dec 28, 2016
Addison, if I were you I'd get Lifelock immediately.

People need to be careful of all offers for loans, even from reputable big names. For instance, State Farm with who we are insured called to offer me a lower interest rate on a loan. Now, we had 1.8% already, so that would be hard to beat. Do the math based on the rate, term, payments. Add up all the payments and get the sum. Now, add up all the remaining payments on the current loan and you'll find that the total payback amount on your current loan is less than what's being offered. That is how they make money and that is why they are offering a 'lower rate', IOW they aren't calling to give you a free loan while making nothing on it.

State Farm recently called me to offer this loan as I said, and I told her I know how it works and no thanks.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Addison, did you think you were me?? :rolleyes:

you should not be shot! but you should contact your bank?
close the accounts you gave the scammers info to.

i'll ask my kids; they have degrees in things that might be helpful.
meanwhile, i pray for you.

D

Depleted

I have no idea what I was thinking.

This is not even remotely like myself and I should have known better.

I'm so ashamed right now. :(

Anyway, I tried to refinance my student loans with an agency.

I wasn't in default, or had any problems with payments, but the offer given was something I thought would be best for me.

Consolidation. A student loan forgiveness program that will soon end after Obama leaves office. How could I lose, right?

I gave out my social security number, birth date, routing and account number of my bank, address, phone number, personal contacts, and I also signed about 15 digital signatures with online forms that I didn't bother to read.

I just tapped the screen on my tablet where it said to while talking on the phone with this representative.

I guess the scam is that they offer loan forgiveness but just put them on forbearance and then disappear after a few years while receiving payments I agreed upon.

My FSA ID information has been breached since I received a notice by them that my password has changed.

I looked up the phone number given to me by personal mail and it turned out to be bogus.

I'll call the U.S. Department of Education on Monday and see what can be done from my egregious mistake on this.

If anyone is good with the law or knows of someone that's experienced in student loans, please private message me.

I really could use some advice on what I've done.

As for now, I'm fairly sure I gave out my complete identity to these people.

Dear Lord.

I should be shot just on general principle for being so naive.

American Express keeps calling to tell us hubby's credit card has problems. The real problem is we've never had American Express, and we haven't had any credit cards in 15 years. Someone stole his identity. (I find this amusing since the only thing anyone gets out of his identity is feeling sorry for him because there is nothing to steal. lol)

BUT they told us the first thing to do is to call the police.

So, I pass this on to you. Call the police! NOW! You've just had your entire identity stolen!

M

Miri

Lord we prayer you would intervene in this. Bring confusion to the
people who have done this and frustrate their attempts to use this
information.

We ask for a quick and sympathetic resolution for Addison, that the organisations
he contacts will deal with this without being judgemental.

Addison do you think your recent bereavement might have caused you
to act out of character, confused your thinking, I just wondered as if so maybe
you could also speak to your doctor if you are struggling.

Nov 14, 2016
Praying all will go well----no harm will come...

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
I no longer have access to my FSA ID online.

I tried to log in earlier tonight and couldn't get in there.

I'm so pooched.

I'll call the Department of Education and start there on Monday and see where it leads.

Thanks for the advice and prayers everyone and thanks for the funny chuckle Willie.

Love you all.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord please bless Addison, in this matter, yes Lord, in Jesus Holy name, Amen!