I suggest we open a thread for those who may be looking for a life partner

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Daga

Jul 1, 2018
I have been wondering why we haven't created a platform inside this loop where we can start a relationship talks and try to hook people up. I personally want to meet my parent here. I would love to meet my future wife here. Like am searching , and I if I meet her here I would be the happiest man. Here is like home to me and I want to meet her here. Let us thing of hooking people up here. Something beautiful I mean.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
As some have already said, “This is not a dating site”.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
It has been written by the site owner that this is NOT a dating site, although some have met and married here..

So WHY would he create a forum for people who want to meet a partner? That's what REAL dating sites are for..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I have been wondering why we haven't created a platform inside this loop where we can start a relationship talks and try to hook people up. I personally want to meet my parent here. I would love to meet my future wife here. Like am searching , and I if I meet her here I would be the happiest man. Here is like home to me and I want to meet her here. Let us thing of hooking people up here. Something beautiful I mean.

Want to meet your parent here? I don't think so.. lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I tried that when I first joined by creating a thread for that specific purpose. Believe me, it was not well received but I did receive some good advice and that was that I should take the time and make the effort to integrate into the community and see what the site is really all about. This site has been a tremendous blessing to me and I have come to know a lot of wonderful people.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yeah I had to re-read that again. Not sure if it’s a typo or slang thing.
Typo's are often most amusing. Maybe he wants to meet 'her' parents here. Then again, perhaps that would not be a pleasant experience. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It has been written by the site owner that this is NOT a dating site, although some have met and married here..

So WHY would he create a forum for people who want to meet a partner? That's what REAL dating sites are for..
Yeah, I tried that when I joined and got burned. Based on my experience I can't recommend it.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Yeah, I tried that when I joined and got burned. Based on my experience I can't recommend it.
Are you saying that Christian dating sites are not good? I met my wife on a Christian dating site. We have now been married for over 18 years. I know of others who have also had similar success.

Like everything, do due diligence. It's not the site's fault if someone lies about themselves.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Are you saying that Christian dating sites are not good? I met my wife on a Christian dating site. We have now been married for over 18 years. I know of others who have also had similar success.

Like everything, do due diligence. It's not the site's fault if someone lies about themselves.
No, not at all. I was relating my experience when I first joined this site. I started a thread for myself and others to express an interest if they are hoping to meet someone special on this site. Right away all I heard was how this was not a dating site and that I wasn't really serious about finding a wife. One suggested that I was an illegal alien looking for a green card. A mod contacted me too and said that this wasn't a dating site while all the while she was dating someone online that she met on this site. What a hypocrite. I get that this site was not designed to be a dating site but that doesn't mean that you can't express an interest in someone. I met my second and late wife online in an AOL Romance Christian Single chatroom. That's when AOL still had chat rooms. This was in 2002. My second wife died before I joined this site and as you know, I met my current and last wife on this site. I really have no problem at all with finding your hearts desire online.

U

Ugly

Isn't that what the singles forum is for?
No. It's a fellowship site, not a dating site. Most singles here don't come here to be hit on but rather to make friends.
Some here won't do online dating at all. Some that hang out in singles are married. So, no, it's not a meat market.

R

renewed_hope

That's wonderful to hear, but we are also living in a totally different world now where same sex marriage is okay, the family unit doesn't mean a darn thing anymore, it's wrong for our schools to teach abstinence in sex ed, you can't go out to your local grocery store without the thought that you aren't safe and yet looking for someone online to marry is encouraged? Good grief I know Tourist and JL met and married a few years ago, but things are completely different than they were a year ago, which is a shame.

In my experience people on here are not who they proclaim to be so I discourage looking for a mate online, scary.

But seriously Ernest I think its wonderful you've been married for 18 years and counting 🙂

Jul 10, 2018
This isn't a dating site. Theirs Christian dating sites, go on Bing and search for them. Also you can go on regular dating sites and search for women by religion.