I think I’m doomed, can anyone help me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BrianaN

I willfully thought insults against the Holy Spirit in my head. It’s not that the enemy is putting blasphemous thoughts in my head and me thinking that I committed this sin. I know those thoughts aren’t mine.

I think I may be under demonic influence. Like, demons may have influenced me to commit this sin in my mind. I hear this sin is not easy to do. How true is that?

Can one be forgiven for speaking against the Holy Spirit if they’re under demonic influence?

B

BrianaN

Here is my message in more detail:
I willfully thought insults against the Holy Spirit in my head. It’s not that the enemy is putting blasphemous thoughts in my head and me thinking that I committed this sin. I know those thoughts aren’t mine.

It all started when I was under demon possession. I don’t know where they came from or what they wanted but I know it wanted to kill me. I once was having blasphemous thoughts the day I went to school and and I had given in to these thoughts. I cried and felt doomed. I was on my way to school that day and the driver said he was Christian so I told him what I did. He said “you know what you are going to do? You are going to ask the Lord for forgiveness.” I thought that was absurd to do since I just committed the unforgivable sin. I then had the l idea that I could just ask the Lord for forgiveness the next time I do this. There shouldn’t have been a next time! Anyway. I went to church I believe that night or the next night (Because they had service on Friday). And I got prayed over. I literally hugged the man praying for me and I begged the Lord for forgiveness for what I did. God then spoke through the man and said “I will have mercy.” I was happy. God forgave me for what I did. Then the demons hopped back into my body through my back. I don’t know why they came back. I don’t even know what opened the door for them to come in in the first place. Then days later, I had given in to the thoughts again, thinking it was okay to do so because of the idea I had. Weeks later, I was taken to a hospital and I was brought to the courts of heaven to get prayed over so I could get a deliverance, AGAIN. I got prayed for and i was being accused of the unpardonable sin. I knew what I had done. and the man that brought me to the courts of heaven took me for a deliverance but also to see if I was guilty of the unforgivable sin. Then the man said that he heard in his spirit the words “ not guilty”. I don’t know why I was not guilty when I knew what I had done. Demonic influence, maybe?

I think I may be under demonic influence now though. Like, demons may have influenced me to commit this sin in my mind. I hear this sin is not easy to do. How true is that?

Can one be forgiven for speaking against the Holy Spirit if they’re under demonic influence?

Also, I added and subtracted from scripture in my mind. I violated Revelation 22:18-19. Can adding and subtracting from scripture be forgiven?

I also think I’m reprobate. I haven’t lived a lifestyle of repentance since I came to Christ and I think God rejected me and handed me over since I refused to repent. I may not even be born again. Not sure..

L

Locoponydirtman

Ok stop.
You are not doomed.
Let me help you through all this.
#1. you can not commit a sin in the mind alone. This is the battlefield but not the end of the battle. In Jesus warning about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, well first it was a warning, he didn't even say that those there were lost yet. In the end they were guilty of the very sin he spoke of as they sent him to be crucified, yet even then Jesus said forgive them they don't know what they do.
This is a common trick of the enemy and it seems to work.
Sounds to me like you are engaged in the battle as described by Paul in Romans 8. Which is a strong sign if you read it, that you are indeed a Christian and indeed saved.
Demons are not getting into your body, they are however attacking your mind. Planting thoughts and ideas trying to steal the joy of your salvation.
When you come into this attack and or the fear, cry out as the Bible says "Abba" Father, which are the same word, Abba being a familiar form of father, similar to the way we say daddy. How do we do this just say it in the name of Jesus, and he will rescue you. We have the promise of his word, and he is faithful.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Briana, do you even KNOW what the unpardonable sin is? It is denying that God and Jesus exist..

Now what makes you think you were or are under demon possession? I think you give him too much credit.. People think bad things, that's a fact. And it's not always due to demon possession.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Also, I added and subtracted from scripture in my mind. I violated Revelation 22:18-19. Can adding and subtracting from scripture be forgiven?
By this logic, no atheist could be forgiven, when they repent after trying to butcher the Bible (which they all do).

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

If it says all, it means ALL. God isn't capable of lying.
The unpardonable sin is therefore rejecting God, and refusing to ask Him for forgiveness (like the Pharisees, because they thought they needed no forgiveness they were so cool before God in their heads).
The Scriptures cannot contradict.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.
Also:
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.

Again if it says cleanse from ALL unrighteousness, then that's what it means.
In other words, if you come to repentance, you're not going to perish, and that's what God wants for everyone.
Since you are concerned about what you sinned and turned away from it, it means you repent.
Also, special cases that God doesn't care about even if they repent, are nonexistent.
Thank you Jesus halleluiah :)
If you are not born again, you need to get born again. A pretty sure sign of being born again is not wanting to sin anymore and wanting to leave sinful lifestyle forever. Being born again doesn't mean you won't wrestle with some sin still so don't let that discourage you, but it will progressively be laid down and going away as you follow Jesus just keep pressing on.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Here is my message in more detail:

It all started when I was under demon possession. I don’t know where they came from or what they wanted but I know it wanted to kill me. I once was having blasphemous thoughts the day I went to school and and I had given in to these thoughts. I cried and felt doomed. I was on my way to school that day and the driver said he was Christian so I told him what I did. He said “you know what you are going to do? You are going to ask the Lord for forgiveness.” I thought that was absurd to do since I just committed the unforgivable sin. I then had the l idea that I could just ask the Lord for forgiveness the next time I do this. There shouldn’t have been a next time! Anyway. I went to church I believe that night or the next night (Because they had service on Friday). And I got prayed over. I literally hugged the man praying for me and I begged the Lord for forgiveness for what I did. God then spoke through the man and said “I will have mercy.” I was happy. God forgave me for what I did. Then the demons hopped back into my body through my back. I don’t know why they came back. I don’t even know what opened the door for them to come in in the first place. Then days later, I had given in to the thoughts again, thinking it was okay to do so because of the idea I had. Weeks later, I was taken to a hospital and I was brought to the courts of heaven to get prayed over so I could get a deliverance, AGAIN. I got prayed for and i was being accused of the unpardonable sin. I knew what I had done. and the man that brought me to the courts of heaven took me for a deliverance but also to see if I was guilty of the unforgivable sin. Then the man said that he heard in his spirit the words “ not guilty”. I don’t know why I was not guilty when I knew what I had done. Demonic influence, maybe?

I think I may be under demonic influence now though. Like, demons may have influenced me to commit this sin in my mind. I hear this sin is not easy to do. How true is that?

I also think I’m reprobate. I haven’t lived a lifestyle of repentance since I came to Christ and I think God rejected me and handed me over since I refused to repent. I may not even be born again. Not sure..
Hi Briana, have you talked to your pastor about all of this yet? If not, I would recommend that you do so immediately (call him and /or meet with him and tell him everything that you just told us). The Lord gives us our pastors as His underservants to keep a careful watch over us, and to help us by giving us godly counsel and praying for us, etc .. e.g. Hebrews 13:17.

Particularly concerning to me is your last paragraph. I would talk to your pastor about where you are in Christ, first and foremost. God would not "reject" you, but if you've never repented of your sins and have not been forgiven of them, then you still need to repent and be forgiven to become a Christian (and there is ~nothing~ more important for you to do than to make sure that you are in the faith .. 2 Corinthians 13:5).

Your pastor should be able to help you get to the bottom of this too :)

Finally, if you are even slightly concerned that you may have committed the unpardonable sin, then you have not done so! Those who do commit it have such a black heart that they would ~never~ be concerned about it like you are.

Here's a short article and/or video that may prove to be useful to you about the unpardonable sin .. https://www.gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html

~Deut

Feb 28, 2016
we always reap what we sow - maybe you should check yourself for the 'words' you are putting forth and
why you are doing this???
you are out of God's Will, and obeying the 'one' who is leading you to cause confusion to others'...

we will pray for you...

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Sin is a choice. Demons can't make you sin. They can try to push you torwards it and encourage you to do so, but your sin is your sin.
Recognize that intent is Very meaningful. Was it in your heart to blaspheme? Was it what you desired to do? If not then your heart was not in blasphemy. Therefore none committed.
Actions are not always the same as intent and vice versa. Intent is Very relevant and at times more relevant than actions.
Don't misuse the notion of possession and oppression. Demon possession isn't something that just randomly happens against your will.
It sounds to me like you need to spend more time learning about the facts of your faith, and not the false superstitions.

B

BrianaN

Briana, do you even KNOW what the unpardonable sin is? It is denying that God and Jesus exist..

Now what makes you think you were or are under demon possession? I think you give him too much credit.. People think bad things, that's a fact. And it's not always due to demon possession.
I know what the unpardonable sin is: speaking against the Holy Spirit (Matthew 12:32).

What makes me think I was under demonic possession was that I had demons enter my body and when I got prayed over, they manifested. I was talking without my control and my body was moving uncontrollably.

But what about demonic influence? Can one be forgiven if they blaspheme the Holy Spirit while under their influence?