I would really like to know what this is all about...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I would be willing to bet cash that the issue is purely on your end since no one else is complaining about it.
"Praise the Lord!"

Thank you for responding.

You are correct - partially.

The script problem still exists.

However, the beat-my-cpu-to-death situation (identified by the fan speed going way up) seems to have been solved.

There is a service program called 'akonadi' that apparently tripped over itself continually and drove the CPU usage way up.

I disabled it and the computer "calmed way down"...

I don't need it running anyway.

I have had a headache all day. (Friday)

When the headache subsided, I decided to check into it (on my end).

When I wrote that last post, I was still dealing with the headache.

And, my computer had 'frozen' twice (forcing me to reboot) at that point in time.

"Thanks for understanding..." :)

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
It killed my computer!

No - I am kidding. Actually, it was a lightning strike that killed it. (As far as I can tell.)

So (sigh) - I am once again "reduced" to using [only] my phone for internet access.

Well - that and a Raspberry Pie - if you know what that is. It is also old and slow.

For what it is worth - you can count on my posting dropping quite a bit - and, more slowly - until I am able to use a better faster computer.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Interestingly, some time ago - but, some time after I made post #25 - a lightning strike killed my Raspberry Pie. So, for a long while I have had only my phone...

But - praise the Lord - I have set up an old laptop (still slow and will not play videos, etc.) that is at least allowing me to use a normal keyboard.

Yaaaaay!