I wouldn't marry...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 5, 2017
I wouldn't marry an orange

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
These threads where we list what we want, or won't accept in and from a mate, are cute and fun; but I think I rather see what members here think they have to offer a potential mate.
Make a thread !
Good idea. You get right on that.
Aw, c'mon, Tommy.

You chase bad guys all day...

Surely the thought of writing just one little thread here on CC doesn't scare you? :D

S

Susanna

I can only offer blood, toil, tears and sweat...like Winston Churchill.

As for myself I can offer a Whiskey & home rolled loving lady that won't be home until 6 AM...Haha.

Sorry, but that's the way I'm wired.

:p

AussieDolphin

Dec 29, 2013
I wouldn't remarry my ex-husband again or someone that is more than 5 years older or younger than me. I wouldn't marry someone that is an excessive drinker, smokes or is plastered or tattoos or piercings and doesn't believe in God.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
A drunk
A smoker
A gambler
A control freak
An abuser
A guy who has to have a live in dog
A guy who listens to heavy metal or loud things
A guy who’s self-centered and/or easily angered
A guy who is not grounded in Christ
A guy who refuses to provide for his family
A guy who hates to talk about responsible things
A guy who is not home most of the time being a family man
Well Darn I'm a solid 11/12 (92%) on the upside on this list... Too bad my dog is a deal-breaker. How about if I have a doggie door and he spends most of the time outdoors
?

Last edited:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Well Darn I'm a solid 11/12 (92%) on the upside on this list... Too bad my dog is a deal-breaker. How about if I have a doggie door and he spends most of the time outdoors?
I think she is alergic to men who own dogs.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I wouldn't marry any girl who thought THIS was a date.

[video=youtube;ISCS6pv_yiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISCS6pv_yiQ[/video]
Now that's the type I would marry.

A

AuntieAnt

I wouldn't marry any girl who thought THIS was a date.

[video=youtube;ISCS6pv_yiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISCS6pv_yiQ[/video]
A scorpion kick knockout.... wow!

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Someone without a sense of humour, without kindness and who whistles off key all the time (last one is a repressed memory. Shudder.)

inlow

Jun 17, 2017
I wouldn't marry a yellow canary- I think that'd be silly of me
How bout a chair?- no I wouldn't dare.
and no I wouldn't marry a flea.
Not a book, or a hook, or a car, or a jar
not even a big chimpanzee
Or jacket, a mattress, or a tennis racket
I guess it's a woman for me.

L

La_Vie_En_Rose

I wouldn’t marry a man who does not believe in monogamy- monogamy of the heart, soul, and mind as well as body. Actually, I think exclusive affection is more important than exclusivity of the body (that is ultimately important as well). I’m too intelligent not to know if his affections are divided, so he should know from the start if he wants me, he can want no other.

I also would not marry a man who was not biologically born a man. No altered men, please. DNA must by XY.

Oct 30, 2017
Wouldn't marry a guy who wants me to be his mum.
Wouldn't marry an Arminian.
Wouldn't marry someone who wears football jerseys.
Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't believe in adoption.
Wouldn't marry someone who isn't creative.
Wouldn't marry a control freak.
Wouldn't marry a type A personality or a lawyer.
Wouldn't marry someone with bad music taste.
Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't like cats.
Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't like vegetables.
Wouldn't marry someone who has no sense of urgency to reach the unsaved.
Wouldn't marry someone who ONLY talks about the Bible and nothing else - balance is important.
Wouldn't marry someone who likes romantic comedies or Christian movies..
they tend to be badly made and decidedly B grade.
Wouldn't marry someone who has problems with authority. If I am to submit to him, he better know how to submit to God, the government, church elders etc.
Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't understand biblical roles for men and women, but also wouldn't consider someone who knew nothing or cared nothing for the plight of women worldwide.
Wouldn't marry someone who values others opinions of him above that of God's. After all,
the fear of man is a dangerous trap and a people pleasing husband can lead to much trouble.
Wouldn't marry someone who wasn't wise and who wasn't kind.

Last edited:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Wouldn't marry a guy who wants me to be his mum.
Wouldn't marry an Arminian.
Wouldn't marry someone who wears football jerseys.
Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't believe in adoption.
Wouldn't marry someone who isn't creative.
Wouldn't marry a control freak.
Wouldn't marry a type A personality or a lawyer.
Wouldn't marry someone with bad music taste.
Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't like cats.
Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't like vegetables.
Wouldn't marry someone who has no sense of urgency to reach the unsaved.
Wouldn't marry someone who ONLY talks about the Bible and nothing else - balance is important.
Wouldn't marry someone who likes romantic comedies or Christian movies..
they tend to be badly made and decidedly B grade.
Wouldn't marry someone who has problems with authority. If I am to submit to him, he better know how to submit to God, the government, church elders etc.
Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't understand biblical roles for men and women, but also wouldn't consider someone who knew nothing or cared nothing for the plight of women worldwide.
Wouldn't marry someone who values others opinions of him above that of God's. After all,
the fear of man is a dangerous trap and a people pleasing husband can lead to much trouble.
Wouldn't marry someone who wasn't wise and who wasn't kind.

I wouldn't marry someone who claimed to dislike control freaks while also being so rigid and controlling they considered "football jerseys" and "vegetables" to be serious marriage criteria.

Perhaps words like "control" are just matters of perspective.

That must be it.

This thread IS just about sharing our personal opinions right?
: )

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
How rude.It's a matter of personal preference. We are all entitled to those.
Exactly, it's all personal preference.

You shared your personal preferences...
and I shared my personal preferences.

What is the problem?

Oct 30, 2017
You must've edited your post because I got the distinct feeling that you had a problem with my personal preferences.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
You must've edited your post because I got the distinct feeling that you had a problem with my personal preferences.

I have no control over your feelings.

But it is entirely possible for people's personal preferences to be very different.