If homosexuality is a sin, then why didn't Jesus say anything about it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
m...,

I don't think so....by scripture...I am right on.
You said, "we must live according to G-d's commandments, after repentance and baptism, in order to receive G-d's forgiveness by grace." That is salvation by works and is not right on according to scripture. In the first place, living according to God's commandments is not forced or legalistic for those who are born of God. Second, those who are born of God live according to God's commandments (1 John 2:3) BECAUSE they have already received God's forgiveness by grace through repentance/faith BEFORE WATER BAPTISM (Acts 3:19; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 26:18) and NOT in order to receive God's forgiveness by works.. You have it backwards.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
m...,

That is s different point being spun in attempt to apply too the point in this thread......doesn't work.

Knowing Him and keeping His word is different.
Being justified doesn't fit when we sin....sacrifice for sin forgiveness is not available when sin is present.
Only those who know Him keep His word. Unbelievers do not keep His word. Do you claim to live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived?) Is that your solution to sin forgiveness? Read 1 John 1:8-2:1.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
It tough to believe that many people just do not read the word!! Jesus spoke about this,and in great detail!! Rom 1:24-32!! The consequences of the condemnation: divine abandonment.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
It tough to believe that many people just do not read the word!! Jesus spoke about this,and in great detail!! Rom 1:24-32!! The consequences of the condemnation: divine abandonment.
If was as simple as reading the word we would all be agreement. Spiritual things are Spiritually discerned my friend..

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Understand lightbearer, I like simplicity, I am thankful to Jesus that he did to. While true people can take the written Word any way they choose to,the true test is in giving the account of ones own life through the Word we say we believe in. James 1:22

Jul 27, 2018
Regina Saskatchewan
Thank you for replying but it doesn't answer the question which is why didn't Jesus say one word about it? Homosexuality (orientation) was not undestood in Biblical times. It is not clear throughout the whole Bible; there are only six verses and some of those are questionable/have been questioned.

I am straight. I never chose. I believe it is not a choice. Not one I ever made and not one that anyone can make, or would want to make. That means it is not their fault. So many sins out there where people are harming others and we choose this particular thing to be obsessed with. Why???

I believe it is a choice to give in to sin.

I for example am an addict some might say I was born this way, but I think I am more inclined to sin this way and that is how saten try’s to get to me. It is my life struggle to give it to Jesus and seek Him and He will give me all I need to overcome. Same with any other sin I struggle with.

Same with homosexuality, it’s that the person is just more inclined to sin that way and saten uses it to try entrap them. They still have the choice to act on it.

Jesus came to uphold the laws that included homosexuality, actually the bible is pretty clear about this and not at all ambiguous it’s an abomination.

I believe it’s a choice God didn’t create us that way; we let sin into the world when we chose to take our fate into our own hands when we left the garden of Eden and let sickness, death, and perversion into the world.. that said we don’t “obsess” over this one sin, it’s given equal to lesser time in my church’s sermons... but the problem is that too many Christians want to bend the Bible to the secular world and excuse this sin because it’s convenient... I don’t believe we should hate or even punish anyone dealing with homosexuality but I’m not going to lie and say it’s not a sin.

I believe everyone has their own particular big vices, it is nailing it to the cross daily giving it to the Lord with heals us

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Understand lightbearer, I like simplicity, I am thankful to Jesus that he did to. While true people can take the written Word any way they choose to,the true test is in giving the account of ones own life through the Word we say we believe in. James 1:22
Simplicity is only simple through the Spirit my friend brighthouse98.

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

But be ye doers of the word (engrafted word; Christ), and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word (engrafted word; Christ), and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face (firstfruits of his creatures with the engrafted word; Christ) in a glass: For he beholdeth himself (the man of Christ with the engrafted word; the first fruits of HIS creatures), and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
(Jas 1:21,18,22-24)

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Rebecca, hi, I, as our Lord Jesus never look to judge another,nor condemn another for there lack,for who among is without sin?? No stones in my pocket! Rom 2:1-5 please look close at verse 4!! For this was how I came forth a believer! However, yes Rebecca there is a however,many believers look to remain in the hardest valley in there life to ever get out of,the Valley of excuses! ( rom 6) really the whole chapter is great but look close at verse 14 sis.

It took me so many years myself to get out of this valley!! But now that I am out I am going to stay out!! As you said, it is indeed a choice we have to make,there are many crossroads after we become a believer,many think all is dandy after coming to Jesus in our lives,but they could not be more mistaken, for with our Jesus comes accountability,and in this we decide for ourselves how far in the race we intend to go,all the way,or not at all!!( rev 3:16)

And so it is sister we either mature, or we remain giving excuses for where we presently are.( 1 Cor 14:20) How another decides is not my business,my business is to encourage those to stop making excuses for there present lives and start living the new creature life that was given us through our Jesus.

For indeed sister when each of us comes before the very throne of God we have no excuses!!( rom 1:20) I have stopped making them for myself,my hope is others will follow. For in this way, through our Jesus can we become rooted and grounded in love.( eph 3:17-21) and grow in faith!! For the very entrance into the kingdom we all know and love can only be supplied to us, IF!!! we follow in his truth rather then our excuses!!( 2 Peter 1:3-11!!!!)

U

UnderGrace

Rebecca, hi, I, as our Lord Jesus never look to judge another,nor condemn another for there lack,for who among is without sin?? No stones in my pocket! Rom 2:1-5 please look close at verse 4!! For this was how I came forth a believer! However, yes Rebecca there is a however,many believers look to remain in the hardest valley in there life to ever get out of,the Valley of excuses! ( rom 6) really the whole chapter is great but look close at verse 14 sis.

It took me so many years myself to get out of this valley!! But now that I am out I am going to stay out!! As you said, it is indeed a choice we have to make,there are many crossroads after we become a believer,many think all is dandy after coming to Jesus in our lives,but they could not be more mistaken, for with our Jesus comes accountability,and in this we decide for ourselves how far in the race we intend to go,all the way,or not at all!!( rev 3:16)

And so it is sister we either mature, or we remain giving excuses for where we presently are.( 1 Cor 14:20) How another decides is not my business,my business is to encourage those to stop making excuses for there present lives and start living the new creature life that was given us through our Jesus.

For indeed sister when each of us comes before the very throne of God we have no excuses!!( rom 1:20) I have stopped making them for myself,my hope is others will follow. For in this way, through our Jesus can we become rooted and grounded in love.( eph 3:17-21) and grow in faith!! For the very entrance into the kingdom we all know and love can only be supplied to us, IF!!! we follow in his truth rather then our excuses!!( 2 Peter 1:3-11!!!!)
Maybe the wrong thread?:)

U

UnderGrace

What is wrong with the thread? Undergrace?
:eek: It was addressed to Rebecca so I thought you meant the other thread my mistake, sorry:) I see Rebecca responded up above, oh dear I need coffee before I come to Christian Chat.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
..... The fact is that Jesus said not one word about it, but others did. Simple as that.
B...,

Too simple...it is not true.
The word of G-d speaks directly to homosexuality and that is Christ speaking....Hello!

Jul 23, 2017
Jesus addressed many issues and many sins and, yet, he never said a thing about this topic.
What about Romans 1:26-27? While these words weren't spoken directly by Jesus, Himself, they were relayed.

Most scholars credit the Apostle Paul as the author of Romans, & he says that God will turn "men who lie with men as women and women as with men" over to their reprobate minds.

I believe Jesus, through Paul, did address this issue and quite clearly.

Jul 23, 2017
Thank you for replying but it doesn't answer the question which is why didn't Jesus say one word about it? Homosexuality (orientation) was not undestood in Biblical times. It is not clear throughout the whole Bible; there are only six verses and some of those are questionable/have been questioned.

I am straight. I never chose. I believe it is not a choice. Not one I ever made and not one that anyone can make, or would want to make. That means it is not their fault. So many sins out there where people are harming others and we choose this particular thing to be obsessed with. Why???
I MUST vehemently disagree. There is no scientific, much less Biblical, evidence to support your claim that "it's not a choice one can make, or would want to make". On the other hand, all evidence, Biblical included, supports homosexuality is ultimately a choice. Look at Sodom & Gomorrah. They were so far gone, they pursued the Lord with Whom to have sex. And, they let themselves get that far.

Even if one's homosexual urges are too strong to resist on one's own, help could be sought out. So, it is their fault.

I'm not sure obsession is an accurate description. It's a topic that needs to be discussed, however. Homosexuality is not a greater or lesser sin than any other as "all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God" but it's still very wrong. Now, I'm seeing calls to accept pedophilia. Next, it'll be beastiality. That's why this particular sin has been chosen. It's an abomination in the Sight of God Almighty.

M

mtothethirdpwer

Jesus addressed many issues and many sins and, yet, he never said a thing about this topic.
Y-shua did not address a woman murdering her child in utero, because it was already in Scripture... DO not murder....

He did not address to not have sex with a chicken, or a pig, or your dog.... And people do even today.... Because bestiality was way already in Scripture.

He did not say you cannot steal... it was already written...

Y-shua assumed people knew and believed Scripture...
HE SURE DID HE WROTE IT!!!!

Why don't we?

Unless it is ok to have sex with animals, muder children, in utero, and steal...?

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
You said, "we must live according to G-d's commandments, after repentance and baptism, in order to receive G-d's forgiveness by grace." ...
m..,
Are you saying that ...that process dictated by scripture.... can be/is classified as... works? No way, Wrong.
That is not what The Bile means...by works.
Suggest you study scripture and it's established meaning.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
m..,Are you saying that ...that process dictated by scripture.... can be/is classified as... works? No way, Wrong. That is not what The Bile means...by works. Suggest you study scripture and it's established meaning.
I suggest that you learn the difference between faith and works and also between ongoing sanctification (which is a process) and justification (which is a one time event with ongoing results) and is not a process.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I suggest that you learn the difference between faith and works and also between ongoing sanctification (which is a process) and justification (which is a one time event with ongoing results) and is not a process.
m..,
There is your left spin. If you run out of space...spin it into another point.
Cute.