If Jesus was Michael than why did he not rebuke Satan himself?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil and disputing about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke thee!”

Matthew 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the devil, and he departed out of him, and the child was cured from that very hour.

Mar 28, 2016
Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil and disputing about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke thee!”

Matthew 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the devil, and he departed out of him, and the child was cured from that very hour.

Jesus as the Son of man whose food the disciples knew not of was to do the will of his father and finish it. He simply would not usurp the authority of the father. but rather said the lord in respect to the father not seen rebukes. No credit it given to the flesh

The Son of man. His corrupted flesh and blood he inherited from his mother simply would not stand in the holy unseen place of God and rob the glory of the unseen Father .

He as the arch messenger (angelos) brought the messages as our new high priest that the father put on his lips . The work of two working together in prefect harmony and submissiveness. The father being in a greater position. Not a greater person .Together establish the loving government of God. (loving authority plus willing submissiveness) two working as one..

John 10:30 The Father and I are one.”

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Umm, I don't agree that Christ was Michael...…..Michael, Gabriel, and all the other angels were Gods creations. Jesus is God! God the Son, and WITHOUT HIM nothing was created...….including the angels....

But, now, that's just my opinion, soooo

The Gospel of John, Chapter 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Jesus is not the Arcangel Michael..

Micheal is an Angel and no one should ever worship Angels or declare Jesus to be an Angel..

Colossians 2: KJV
18 "Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,"

K

kaylagrl

Ummm,huh?!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The translation of Michael into English is "Who is like God"

bluto

Aug 4, 2016

Excellent point. The following is what I posted on the other thread regarding Michael the arc-angel being Jesus Christ. Personally I consider this one of the best proofs of Jesus Christ being God incarnate, pre-existing His incarnation and of course that He is not an angel. Btw, this was posted to kneemailer.

So kneemailer do you agree with what these people posted, that Jesus Christ is Michael the arc angel? I am also so glad you posted Malachi 3:1 because it is one of my favorite verses and the verse is loaded with information.

And your right when you say the first "malak/angel/messenger" is referring to John the Baptist, there is no doubt about it. And the second "malak/angel/messenger" of the covenant is none other that the pre-incarnated Jesus Christ. Now, the word "malak" does mean "angel or messenger, it all depends on how it is used in "CONTEXT." In fact the writer here "Malachi" who obviously is a human being, well his name is from the word "malak" which means he is a messenger.

Now, I see you quoted various people who believe that Jesus Christ is Michael the arc angel. It does not mean that they are right. I can post others who say Jesus Christ is not Michael the arc angel. Just because there are some commonalities with Jesus and Michael like "There are both princes," or Mikha'el has a name that means "who is like God."

Now, there is a legal concept that the Jews employ known as a "Shaliach." Or the law of "AGENCY" where an agent or ambassader or messenger acts on behalf of another, or of a "principal." For instance, angels often speak for God just like the angel of the covenant does at Genesis 22.

If you read the chapter you will no doubt discover that God wanted Abraham to sacrifice his only Son Isaac. (Btw, Isaac was not Abrahams only son). Anyway, Genesis 22:15, "But the angel of the Lord called to him/Abraham! And he said, Here I am." Vs12, "And he said, "Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son."

Now for vs15, "Then the angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time from heaven, vs16, and said, "By Myself I have sworn, declares the Lord, because (or why) you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son, vs17, indeed I will greatly bless you and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies." Vs18, And in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed because you have OBEYED MY VOICE."

So what is the point of all of this kneemailer? The point is the fact that an angel like Michael CANNOT SWEAR An OATH ON BEHALF OF GOD HIMSELF. This is how I know that Michael is not Jesus Christ. And here is what the writer of Hebrews stated at Hebrews 6:13-14, "For when God made the promise to Abraham, SINCE HE COULD SWEAR BY NO ONE GREATER, HE SWORE BY HIMSELF, vs14, saying, I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply you."

This is as straighforwad as can be and right out of the Bible itself. I did not give my opinion or any commentary, that's what it says. Moreover, according to the Jewish Virutal Library there are certain things that a "shaliach" cannot do, one of them is swearing an oath on behalf of another.

If you witnessed a crime being committed and it goes to trial you would have to be the one to testify, you can't send somebody like your Uncle Harry to testify in your place. Even if you were in the hospital and could not attend the trial the court would send someone out to you and you will be "deposed." Now, there is one more aspect of this and that is the fact that swearing an oath is a matter of one's conscience. Now, I welcome all questions and your welcome to try and poke holes in this presentation. :eek:

IN THE ANGEL OF THE LORD,
bluto

L

Locoponydirtman

There is no scriptural indication that Michael and Jesus are the same. Michael is an angel which means messenger. Jesus is not a messenger or an angel. A messenger delivers a message to somebody from somebody else. Jesus being God delivered the message that he has always delivered from the beginning which is his own message God's own message God's own words.
I don't really understand how there can be any confusion concerning this.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Jesus as the Son of man whose food the disciples knew not of was to do the will of his father and finish it. He simply would not usurp the authority of the father. but rather said the lord in respect to the father not seen rebukes. No credit it given to the flesh

The Son of man. His corrupted flesh and blood he inherited from his mother simply would not stand in the holy unseen place of God and rob the glory of the unseen Father .

He as the arch messenger (angelos) brought the messages as our new high priest that the father put on his lips . The work of two working together in prefect harmony and submissiveness. The father being in a greater position. Not a greater person .Together establish the loving government of God. (loving authority plus willing submissiveness) two working as one..

The disputed Moses body happen before Jesus become flesh. I believe Moses was 1300 years before Jesus become human

Dec 9, 2011

GOD loves righteousness and righteousness Is totally 100% positive,If an angel residing In heaven were to say something other than the LORD rebuke you It would not be In all righteousness.
+++

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
GOD loves righteousness and righteousness Is totally 100% positive,If an angel residing In heaven were to say something other than the LORD rebuke you It would not be In all righteousness.
+++
If Jesus that say that verse why not sai I rebuke you.

Jesus is the Lord.

Let say my name is Jackson, if I want to go to Paris, I will say

I want to go to Paris

Not

Jackson want to go to Paris

Because I myself is jackson

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

This is a christian forum not a JW forum ;)

So none of us think Jesus was, He is.
And none of us think Michael was crucified in Christs place.

Good question tho!
Dunno how those guys would answer

Dec 9, 2011
If Jesus that say that verse why not sai I rebuke you.

Jesus is the Lord.

Let say my name is Jackson, if I want to go to Paris, I will say

I want to go to Paris

Not

Jackson want to go to Paris

Because I myself is jackson
I don’t believe that Micheal was JESUS.

Dec 9, 2011
+++
I mean If Micheal had of gotten Impatient and said something like stop being stupid then that would not be In all righteousness.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

Huh? I do not see how that applies, but it is encouraging. thanks

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
SDA and JWs claim that Jesus was Michael. Both are wrong.
Michael as a created being deferred to God to deal with Satan.
Jesus as God dealt with Satan himself.

The question was addressed to SDA Adventists here because it refutes their position in a nutshell.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The translation of Michael into English is "Who is like God"
From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God. Michael is one of the archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament he is named as a protector of Israel. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies in the war against Satan, and is thus considered the patron saint of soldiers in Christianity.
https://www.behindthename.com/name/michael