If men got the Titus 2 Treatment…

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Very cool, but I'm not sure that some ideas translate easily into English. =)

To make sure I understood correctly, I ran it through google translate. (I know, not the most accurate, either.) This is what it said:

If this February 14th NO's your better half [you don't have your medium orange] ...NO MATTER! You put AN AVERAGE any other color. Total! People do not check to go outside. Ha! Ha!

This is what I got with Bing's translator: If this February 14 don't have your better half... doesn't matter! You get an average of any other colors. Total! People you don't check to go out onto the street. Ja! Ja!

:)
 
@Misty77! Look at this, a pastor anD friend texted to me: Si este 14 de febrero NO tienes tu media naranja... ¡NO IMPORTA! Te pones UNA MEDIA de cualquier otro color. Total! La gente no te revisa al salir a la calle. Ja! Ja!

La palabra ' pertenecen ' siempre me pone. En realidad, hay dos significados a esta palabra en Inglés . Y creo que hace muchos años , el segundo habría sido lo que quería decir .


Uno: '' el iPhone me pertenece'' y que significa" mi propiedad " . Pero en cuanto a los seres humanos , nadie en esta tierra "posee" un ser humano como si fueran una posesión. O por lo menos , nadie debería.


El otro significado de '' pertenencia " es en realidad que ver con tener un lugar en el mundo, o ' pertaining to ' (espanol se ''relacionarse'' en el sentido de ''convenir a'').


Por ejemplo, " usted y yo perfecto unos con otros ' . Significa que somos colocados juntos y que, literalmente, "encajar" , o que nuestro "lugar" es uno con el otro . Nos conviene a los otros. Es dos significado de la palabra.


Esto no implica la propiedad , en este sentido .


No es una cuestión de la propiedad , más bien, de acorde con los otros, encajando perfectamente . Y eso tiene que ser trabajado , que tiene que ser una aspiración mutua, y tiene que estar basada en la compasión.


El primero sólo tiene que basarse en la "propiedad" legal, la segunda requiere de cosas que crean un verdadero "belonging", 'unión'. Egualdad.

Para su beneficio. Sé que hay algunos perdieron en la traducción.
 
Very cool, but I'm not sure that some ideas translate easily into English. =)

To make sure I understood correctly, I ran it through google translate. (I know, not the most accurate, either.) This is what it said:

If this February 14th NO's your better half [you don't have your medium orange] ...NO MATTER! You put AN AVERAGE any other color. Total! People do not check to go outside. Ha! Ha!


It's a play on words.

'If this February the 14th, you do not have your better half (media naranja), it doesn't matter! Just get half of any other colour! Complete! People do not check when you're on the street. Haha!
 
The word 'belong' always gets me. There are actually two meanings to this word in English. And I think that many years ago, the second would have been what was meant.

I can say to someone 'that iPhone belongs to me', and that means 'I own it'. But as for humans, nobody on this earth 'owns' a human as though they are a possession. Or at least, nobody should.

The other meaning of ''belonging' is actually to do with having a place in the world, or 'befitting' a certain thing.

For instance, 'you and I belong with each other'. It means that we are placed together and we literally 'fit in', or that our 'place' is with each other. We befit one another.

It doesn't imply ownership, in this sense.

At least that's how I think male and female relationships should be. Not a matter of ownership, rather a matter of befitting one another, fitting together perfectly. And that has to be worked on, that has to be a mutual aspiration, and it has to be founded on compassion.

The first only needs to be founded on lawful 'ownership', the second requires things that create a true 'belonging'.

Thanks, Jhana!

You broadened my view, the short opinion I had on that. I don´t know English well.

I ´d say, according to your language, that I "belong" to the company of few and, also, that I belonged to one, or two persons I think I knew.

As a property, a person that can be owned -as an exclusive belonging, I´m learning to grow the way a horse goes with the device they use to avoid street distractions, any other than the way they have to walk by (I don´t know the word for "gringolas").

I think, while being more mundane, I´ve learned (or believed) a wife was mine, as a property. Poor me, I was wrong. Here, these laws give her, a wife, my surname, some additional rights I wasn´t sure I was giving and, the fact divorce exists, proved me that "I didn´t belong to her being", the sense English has used both terms or personal meaning.

Here we have a say:

"Las cosas no son de quien las tiene, sino de quien las necesita".

Something like saying: "Things aren´t its owner... These belong to whomever need them".

I wish I knew if these ideas apply for people, too. I hoped we were "made" for one person only but, life has shown me these are (or were) my hopes, a idealized desire, just another dream.
 
@Jhana! Ja! Ja! I´m sure Misty would laugh at reading that translation. There´s some semantic issue, there´s a lack of gramatical accents and some articles missing but (a big "but") that translation is readable... Did you know Misty77 knows Spanish very well?
 
Thanks, Jhana!

You broadened my view, the short opinion I had on that. I don´t know English well.

I ´d say, according to your language, that I "belong" to the company of few and, also, that I belonged to one, or two persons I think I knew.

As a property, a person that can be owned -as an exclusive belonging, I´m learning to grow the way a horse goes with the device they use to avoid street distractions, any other than the way they have to walk by (I don´t know the word for "gringolas").

I think, while being more mundane, I´ve learned (or believed) a wife was mine, as a property. Poor me, I was wrong. Here, these laws give her, a wife, my surname, some additional rights I wasn´t sure I was giving and, the fact divorce exists, proved me that "I didn´t belong to her being", the sense English has used both terms or personal meaning.

Here we have a say:

"Las cosas no son de quien las tiene, sino de quien las necesita".

Something like saying: "Things aren´t its owner... These belong to whomever need them".

I wish I knew if these ideas apply for people, too. I hoped we were "made" for one person only but, life has shown me these are (or were) my hopes, a idealized desire, just another dream.

Creo que la palabra que buscas es "anteojeras", en Inglés, como 'gringolas' la española.


Es curioso. que esta palabra Inglés significa "cosas que infligir la ceguera".


Creo que la "pertenencia" es sólo cuestión de "ser perfecto para unos a los otros '.


Esto es diferente de decir "me pertenece", más bien, 'nosotros encajamos juntos ".

Un dicho;

De auto de una persona ni siquiera es una persona de la propia.

o

La 'yo' de una persona ni siquiera es de la propia.

En Inglés, podemos jugar palabras diciendo;


'ojo' y 'yo'.

Eye and I.
 
Here are some ideas I took from the Bible (not to mention the Hezabelic evil spirit around, that is mentioned in some churches I have largely attended).

Num 12:1 Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses. They criticized him because he married an Ethiopian woman.

It was their reason to attack the LEADERSHIP GOD gave him (and afterwards Moses shared with his brother Aaron: Not with their "loyal" SISTER).

Num 12:2 They said to themselves, "Moses is not the only one the LORD has used to speak to the people. He has also spoken through us!" The LORD heard this.

According to we read (there) God heard.

Who started the problem with the LEADERSHIP? Aaron or Miriam?

Satan is using peiople and churches to seek the ROLE OF BEING "LEADERS".

Worship LEADERS.

Prayer LEADERS.

Service LEADERS.

You know it better!

My ex-wife was "formed" to be a leader, "her" church voluntered her to be so...

Now she is enroled in politics: She wanted to be a LEADER (the church is not her concern, now).

Did JESUS called us to be LEADERS or FOLLOWERS?

Just some I ideas I think, because there is a number of churches "making" leaders, instead of the call we received from Jesus, as being His disciples.

It´s okey to have goals and gold, but pride goes somewhere else...

Jesus said: " Mark 10:44 Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave. "

Mat 23:7 They love for people to show respect to them in the marketplaces and to call them 'Teacher.'
Mat 23:8 "But you must not be called 'Teacher.' You are all equal as brothers and sisters. You have only one Teacher. Alleluya! The lord is always right. :D

Mat 23:9 And don't call anyone on earth 'Father.' You have one Father. He is in heaven.
Mat 23:10 And you should not be called 'Master.' You have only one Master, the Messiah.
Mat 23:11 Whoever serves you like a servant is the greatest among you.

What were those words in Greek?

Mat 23:7 καιG2532 CONJ τουςG3588 T-APM ασπασμουςG783 N-APM ενG1722 PREP ταιςG3588 T-DPF αγοραιςG58 N-DPF καιG2532 CONJ καλεισθαιG2564 V-PPN υποG5259 PREP τωνG3588 T-GPM ανθρωπωνG444 N-GPM ραββιG4461 HEB ραββιG4461 HEB

Mat 23:10 NeitherG3366 be ye calledG2564 masters:G2519 forG1063 oneG1520 isG2076 yourG5216 Master,G2519 even Christ.G5547 "

Leadership is too connected to power, to leading roles, that I had no clue why Miriam started that FEMINISTIC movement to rule Israel, just in front of the face of GOD.
 
There is definitely an evil element to new wave feminism. Authentic feminism is a righteous cause.
 
Some men like to abuse the fact that their position, physically and socially, is a more dominant one than women.

Forgive me, because I can't find a better way to put it; but to abuse something that is inherently 'weaker' or more gentle than I am would be to misunderstand my place in the world - to value, respect, cherish and protect those less 'dominant' than I am.

I did not make the order in 1 Cor 11 or the commnads of God in 1 Cor 14. And to say some thing should be removed from the Bible is just playing into Satan's hands. Please show me the SCRIPTURE that indicates woman can pray and prohecy in church. 1 Cor 11 is not conditions or even indicating these thins will be happening in church. You see to disprove 1 Cor 14 you have to twist or edit the bible.

You say 1 Cor contradicts many other scripture, but I find NOT ONE SCRIPTURE where it say women PREACHED or TECHED in church NOT ONE! Please show me without assumiing or twisting Scripture where a single woman TAUGHT WHEN THE ?BRETHREN )together with their families) GATHERED....


I always ask... Why was there not one woman of the twelve chosen to be apostles? If Jesus is my head, can I be EQUAL TO HIM, or will He always be my head? I am the head of my family and my wife, Can she EVER be the head? Even when I die, the elders should take the role of teaching. Caring and servicing for my family. God's plan HAS and WILL always work, any modification or editing we do will have SPOILED God's Truth and God will have NO PART in it....

here is something you can all remember..... IT IS A SHAME FOR WOMEN TO SPEAK IN CHURCH.... And that will NEVER CHANGE. Who made this LAW.... GOD! If you do not like it take it up with God. I am NOT going to argue about it. I believe God knows BEST. And He will NEVER inspire a woman to speak in church NEVER. Not in HIS church and not even in any church. I wonder how many dinominations God approve. How many CHURCHES does God have here on earth....One dinomination and ONE Church. No such thing as TWO CHURCHES or TWO TRUTHS with God.... ONE FATHER ONE SPIRIT ONE TRUTH ONE GO AND ONE BODY (CHURCH)!
 
Did women pray, prophecy and preach (or teach) during New Testament times? The most simple answer to that question is “yes.” However, the manner in which women prayed, prophesied, and taught should be carefully studied. The apostle Paul gave one simple guideline for women everywhere to follow. He said, “I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence” (1 Timothy 2:12). Some have interpreted this passage to mean a woman can never teach, or is to never teach a man. But we have New Testament examples of both. Women would almost certainly be included in the disciples who “went everywhere preaching the word” (Acts 8:4). Older women are to teach younger women (Titus 2:3-5). Priscilla helped her husband Aquilla teach Apollos (Acts 18:26). Philip had four virgin daughters who prophesied (Acts 21:9). And it seems that women prayed and prophesied in the church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 11:3-16). Apparently some women at Corinth were given spiritual gifts that were to be exercised in the same setting as the men – public worship.
 
Did women pray, prophecy and preach (or teach) during New Testament times? The most simple answer to that question is “yes.” However, the manner in which women prayed, prophesied, and taught should be carefully studied. The apostle Paul gave one simple guideline for women everywhere to follow. He said, “I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence” (1 Timothy 2:12). Some have interpreted this passage to mean a woman can never teach, or is to never teach a man. But we have New Testament examples of both. Women would almost certainly be included in the disciples who “went everywhere preaching the word” (Acts 8:4). Older women are to teach younger women (Titus 2:3-5). Priscilla helped her husband Aquilla teach Apollos (Acts 18:26). Philip had four virgin daughters who prophesied (Acts 21:9). And it seems that women prayed and prophesied in the church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 11:3-16). Apparently some women at Corinth were given spiritual gifts that were to be exercised in the same setting as the men – public worship.
Brilliant!
Screen Shot 2014-02-15 at 12.37.50 AM.png
 
Paul gave these instructions in 1 Corinthians 14 and 1 Timothy 2 regarding women not speaking in church because he cared about proper decorum in the church and that all words spoken in assemblies ought to be done without creating confusion. Furthermore, many women who held important roles in the New Testament indicate that for Paul the labors of women were not confined only to some activities. Paul refers to prayers, and also speaks of certain women who ‘labored in the Lord,’ [Philippians 4:3] an expression which could only refer to the work of the gospel. According to the Scriptures, women, as a right may, and as a duty ought to, engage in these exercises.

In reference to 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, Paul’s intent was to avoid confusion in the church and to urge women to stop chatting between themselves during the worship service. Hence, what the apostle says to women in such a church as this, and in such a state of things, is not to be taken as directions to all Christian women in other churches and in other times, when and where such disorders do not exist. In regards to 1 Timothy 2:12, this text to give Paul’s general rule with regard to women as public teachers. But there are some exceptions to this general rule to be drawn even from Paul’s writings, and from other scriptures. In fact, this general rule is rather the exception and that women are free to labor in ministry.
 
Paul gave these instructions in 1 Corinthians 14 and 1 Timothy 2 regarding women not speaking in church because he cared about proper decorum in the church .....................

Paul was intent on serving God and telling us how to worship Him. Decorum is a poor choice of a word to describe what Paul wanted. Paul want meetings to be fellowship and uplifting.
Let all things be done unto edifying.
Edifying is not the same as decorum.
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men
You really think Paul's instruction to Timothy were about decorum? Talk about a reach!
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. [SUP] [/SUP]In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
[SUP] [/SUP]But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
Nothing could be clearer than Paul describing to us how, when, and where, to worship God.
Men and women alike, everywhere, with shamefacedness, somberness, not with worldly trinkets, but with good works.

You think that is telling you how to dress in church? Incredible!
Serving God is a full time job. You better be in obedience 24/7, not just at your convenience.
 
(regarding original OP) MMmm I don't think I would be comfortable with the kissing part.... ehh and the sweating bit, I would struggle there, that wold mean manual labour :( I have always worked in an office environment... always the right temp :)
 
There is definitely an evil element to new wave feminism. Authentic feminism is a righteous cause.

That authentic feminism you´ve mentioned here, may be seen (or sought) as the macho men movement some HURT men could be thinking to promote inside the churches they are attending... Have you ever heard we -men- were also hurt?

This very mornning, when I went to my mother´s kitchen, she showed me 2 texts where I read one of my mothers is planing to leave his wife (...) He was so hurt, heartbroken, that I´m happy my mom called him to cheer him up.

This couple have been married for 20 years, but I read he plans to sell all he has, to move somewhere I don´t know.

If any person now would phonecall him to be part of some movement, will he be a fan of todays feminism?

I guess he was cheated on (my opinion). In fact, I don´t want to know! But I hope he never takes his life away... Both "authentic" movements are separating both, men and women, just the way society is greatly divided in political parties and the LGBT genders...
 
Paul gave these instructions in 1 Corinthians 14 and 1 Timothy 2 regarding women not speaking in church because he cared about proper decorum in the church and that all words spoken in assemblies ought to be done without creating confusion. Furthermore, many women who held important roles in the New Testament indicate that for Paul the labors of women were not confined only to some activities. Paul refers to prayers, and also speaks of certain women who ‘labored in the Lord,’ [Philippians 4:3] an expression which could only refer to the work of the gospel. According to the Scriptures, women, as a right may, and as a duty ought to, engage in these exercises.

In reference to 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, Paul’s intent was to avoid confusion in the church and to urge women to stop chatting between themselves during the worship service. Hence, what the apostle says to women in such a church as this, and in such a state of things, is not to be taken as directions to all Christian women in other churches and in other times, when and where such disorders do not exist. In regards to 1 Timothy 2:12, this text to give Paul’s general rule with regard to women as public teachers. But there are some exceptions to this general rule to be drawn even from Paul’s writings, and from other scriptures. In fact, this general rule is rather the exception and that women are free to labor in ministry.

Oh it can ONLY mean work of the Gospel... then I will show you with SCRIPTURE what it means to LABOUR IN THE LORD as a woman..... But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

You think this is not the LABOUR IN THE LORD.... GOOD WORKS... NOT GOOD WORDS.... It is a K not a D. Do NOT be fooled by Satan.... Women cannot SPEAK IN CHURCH... IT IS A SHAME. Prayer does not need VOLUME! Prophecy in church is STRICTLY FOR MEN... 1 Cor 14 says .....BRETHREN when you come together, YOU SHALL PROHECY....There is no BRETHREN AND SISTEREN... ONLY BRETHREN....

You have to TWIST the word of God like CaudiaT just did to get permission in the Bible for women to SPEAK in church. There is NOT ONE VERSE teaching women may teach or preach in church... If women does want to teach let them teach the young ladies how to submit to their husbands and how to KEEP QUIET in church AS THE LORD ALSO COMMANDS... That they may DO!
 
I was quoting someone to demonstrate the hypocrisy going on here, note that I used the word in quotes--I apologize for any confusion.

I apologize myself. I guess reading that word made me not get the context:).