If the Earth were flat---

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
It does not matter - his point was well made - and true whatever the POV - because - it is not about the POV so much as it is about a person's attitude toward another and an unwillingness to "allow" (in their own mind) the other person to state an opinion and "let it stand" as such - without reacting negatively against the other person just because the other person does not agree with them.

It is often best to simply agree to disagree...
The following is a really good illustration of the above described attitude and unwillingness:

The shadow of the earth as it moves across the moon is round. How do flat earthers explain that?
In the FE model, there is no earth shadow. Any shadow on the moon would have to be caused by something else.
Such as? If the sun is shining on the earth, how can it not cast a shadow? The earth is not transparent. Why is it so hard to believe that the earth is a sphere? Everything points to it being spherical and nothing proves that it is flat. Even the Greeks in 500 BC worked that out.
A tree casts a shadow. The earth, as a singular object, does not cast a shadow upon anything. :rolleyes:
This exchange started with someone asking how something would work within the Flat Earth model framework.

The answer was given within the Flat Earth model framework.

A silly question was then asked - showing that the questioner was attempting to reason the Flat Earth model from a Ball Earth perspective.

The final post was a sarcastic reply (see the 'roll-eyes' emoji?) to the silly question - pointing out how it worked within the Flat Earth model framework.

@Dino246 put a red 'X' on it ("disagree").

Did Dino "disagree" with my explanation of how it worked within the Flat Earth model framework...?????

Was he simply not paying enough attention to notice that post #301 was given specifically within the Flat Earth model framework...?????

Does he not realize that I would whole-heartedly agree with him that the earth does in fact cast a shadow within the Ball Earth model framework...?????

But that it does not cast a shadow within the Flat Earth model framework...?????

Why would a person have such an attitude against such a statement being made within the Flat Earth model framework...?????

Why would a person have such an unwillingness to "allow" (in their own mind) such a statement to stand as being valid within the Flat Earth model framework...?????

Does he just not "handle it very well" if someone attempts to help someone else understand how things work within the Flat Earth model framework...?????

Does he feel that he must always make his best attempt to "shut down" any discussion concerning how anything works within the Flat Earth model framework...?????

I just don't get it...

If someone disagrees with me in terms of what I believe - that is understandable; however, when someone "just can't handle it" if/when I attempt to help someone else to have a better understanding of something - what am I supposed to think???

It is not about the red 'X' - it is about the [apparent] attitude behind it - and, the unwillingness to "allow" others to discuss something and just "let it be" and see where the discussion goes...

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If you are going to think about - and talk about - the Flat Earth model, you must do so from within the Flat Earth model framework.

You cannot successfully do so from the Ball Earth model framework.

In other words, you cannot make sense of FE from a BE POV. You must look at it from a FE POV.
I have observed that no one (who is not a 'Flat Earther') seems to be willing to do this.

Therefore, I believe that I will no longer try to answer any more FE questions --- unless:

1) A person [first] shows me in-no-uncertain-terms that they are 100% 'all-in' to discussing FE totally within the FE model framework.

AND

2) Our very sincere and civil discussion (not debate) takes place in PM form so the hecklers will not distract anyone who sincerely wants to better understand the FE model.

OR

3) I will give answers in blog form - whereby, I am the only one allowed to post.

I'm tired of the :poop::poop::poop: .

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If the earth were flat, it would matter what side you were on...or would it? And what would be on the bottom side, dirt? Lol
Okay I have to give you that one. That was pretty clever.

On a round earth which side you're on doesn't matter nearly as much... they can always go the other way around and hit you in the back. :p

Billyd

May 8, 2014
How thick is the flat earth? How do I measure it?

O

Oblio

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was upside down!