If you’re planning to go on a date with someone special, who should pay for it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Who should pay for the date?

• The woman should pay.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 13, 2018
Wait wait wait... are you saying the girl is supposed to be into you?

That might be the reason my dates aren't working out.

It's always the little things.

Wait wait wait... are you saying the girl is supposed to be into you?

That might be the reason my dates aren't working out.

It's always the little things.

MAXWELL !!! a girl would'nt invite you over if she was not into you... Try not to focus so much on yourself.. pay attention to what is in front of you. There are are beautiful things right in front of you...

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
MAXWELL !!! a girl would'nt invite you over if she was not into you... Try not to focus so much on yourself.. pay attention to what is in front of you. There are are beautiful things right in front of you...

Oh goodness, I don't wait for girls to invite me over!

... maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud.

Sep 13, 2018
Oh goodness, I don't wait for girls to invite me over!

... maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud.

Max.I was talking to someone else about her situation. she wanted to ask a guy over , to cook, you remember. so obviously she was attracted. right..

Sep 13, 2018
It even has a bunch of clouds and one is shaped to look sort of like a person in profile and looking down as if looking toward earth. :giggle:
I sounds like ( I mean no one is talking} everyone is sleeping. Must do the same. It is snowing out side. Perfect night... God bless..

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I sounds like ( I mean no one is talking} everyone is sleeping. Must do the same. It is snowing out side. Perfect night... God bless..
God bless you as well. No snow here yet. Not that that's a bad thing.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Max is one of our comedians here, I hope you know that lol.

Kaps89

Nov 19, 2018
Kent, England
If I went on a first date with someone I'd always pay. As a man (and especially if I've asked them out) then I feel it's my duty to pay. However I also expect there to be an offer to pay some from them. I'd never let them pay but I appreciate the offer.

T

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If you are a guy and you are planning a date with that special woman you should of course pay for it otherwise there will most likely not be a second date. Not too many women would be willing to date a guy who comes off like a cheapskate.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If I went on a first date with someone I'd always pay. As a man (and especially if I've asked them out) then I feel it's my duty to pay. However I also expect there to be an offer to pay some from them. I'd never let them pay but I appreciate the offer.

T
The same thing applies to evangelists when the pastor takes you out for dinner after the service. You know the pastor is going to pay, but it doesn't hurt to offer to pay for your own meal.

It also doesn't hurt to do the courtesy reach. As the pastor is reaching for the check you act like you are reaching for your wallet to pay for... "Oh you're going to get that? Why thank you." You don't even have to have a wallet there, just reach. ;)

Kaps89

Nov 19, 2018
Kent, England
The same thing applies to evangelists when the pastor takes you out for dinner after the service. You know the pastor is going to pay, but it doesn't hurt to offer to pay for your own meal.

It also doesn't hurt to do the courtesy reach. As the pastor is reaching for the check you act like you are reaching for your wallet to pay for... "Oh you're going to get that? Why thank you." You don't even have to have a wallet there, just reach. ;)

Ha yeah the courtesy reach. I think it's selfish if a girl doesn't offer to pay (or make the courtesy reach)

T

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Ha yeah the courtesy reach. I think it's selfish if a girl doesn't offer to pay (or make the courtesy reach)

T
What if, the girl couldn’t afford to go halves (even if the guy asked her out), would you still expect her to do the “courtesy reach”? And let’s say she was too embarrassed to say that she couldn’t afford to go halves?.....cos that could likely happen. Or vice verca (boy couldn’t afford).

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
In friendly situations I usually ask what I owe or what's my share. I've learned not to fight if they want to pay it all, unless I think that ends up being a really unequal situation. Although one time I think my friend and I finally agreed that we'd each pay each other's share of the bill. If I ever go on a date, I'll probably do the same. Let you know if and when that ever happens.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
What if, the girl couldn’t afford to go halves (even if the guy asked her out), would you still expect her to do the “courtesy reach”? And let’s say she was too embarrassed to say that she couldn’t afford to go halves?.....cos that could likely happen. Or vice verca (boy couldn’t afford).
I would have brought that up when we were planning to meet for food, not when the bill comes. But I may be an overplanner as well.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
If you're planning to go on a date with someone special...

Wait, what if none of my dates are special?

Kaps89

Nov 19, 2018
Kent, England
You know what I've never been asked that, or thought about it, and I don't really know how to answer. But how often does that situation happen. Although having said that I wouldn't know if it had. You've stumped me here.

T

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
If you're planning to go on a date with someone special...

Wait, what if none of my dates are special?

Then you don't have to worry about who pays or if there will be a second date with the same person I guess.