If you love me, give me ten minutes of your time.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
whose godliness am I clothed with Cobus that you would insult me by telling me of my lack? My own or Christ's?
ana, i hope EVERYONE asks themselves this question.

Sola Scriptura
Solus Christus
Sola Gratia
Sola Fide
Soli Deo Gloria!

zone

Jun 13, 2010
From reading what you have written here I would suggest that we are probably on the same page. or at least very close. possibly I am just misunderstanding the way you word things. and by some of your replies I think you misunderstand me also. I agree that perfectionism is Heresy also. and so if any of my post sounded like I believe in that then it is my inability to explain my view in clear words.

The truth is that perfectionism is very close to real Thing. the major difference is the end result. I totally agree with you that we should be more sensitive to our sin as we grow closer to Christ. That has been my experience. Christ has freed me from worldy music, TV movies. swearing. lusting. coveting. and many other things. but I see things about my Character that deeply grieve me now that I never gave notice to now. weather its im impatient or speak without really thinking etc. My struggle is more internal now than external.

So while I have much to praise God for overcoming sin. I am still learning and still growing in Grace. but every year There are things left behind. ground covered. changes in my character. whether or not we get to a place where we stop sinning or not is irrelevant. its the daily submitting that matters.

Blessings.
gotime, we agree completely.
God Bless you for sound doctrine and a real testimony.
love zone.

i really like this part:

whether or not we get to a place where we stop sinning or not is irrelevant. its the daily submitting that matters.

Feb 17, 2010
Ananda look at this covering then you tell me who clothed you. And Ananda look when will we LACK NOTHING.... When we are PERFECT! not before, and you can get this perfection right here... Read it and I hope you are the first one of us that LACK NOTHING! (Wanting or lacking nothing)
NANA look wherever we go GOD keep on persisting about us being PERFECT HERE! Wonder where God got His doctrine from?

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
The POWER I talk about is this NANA... 2 Peter 1... According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

C

Consumed

do they?

and that's okay alex.

i love my atheist neighbour and the mormons down the street.

that's enough. no wrries.

dont they(you highlighted my comment on the epistles), maybe im reading a different bible on christian living than you kathy which i doubt but my focus is on the heart of it cause when i read it all i see is the love of God and walking in His love because of the finished work of the cross thru Jesus.

it seems, with all due respect, that what it says in Heb 6 1-3 has different meanings of apllication for us both. im not caught up in "false doctrine" so iv moved on from it with the realization that people are where they are at, wrong or right, He is faithful to finish the work He has started in us regardless, false doctrine to me is when people deny Jesus is the son of God, law mingled with grace, for that is the main heart of what i found the bible is talking about, but hey we all see things different and im always open to be corrected.

but i find it a cheap swipe to say about mormons or athiests, ps 1, we can share if they allow us but then im not going to stand in their way but pray God blesses the seed or water what i have shared to bring the increase. brave to say whos going to hell and who is going to heaven because scripture teaches us not to go there, we are not given to judge that aspect cause to my understanding is that i dont know, they could repent with their last breathe of air and receive the same as someone who has walked faithfully alll their life.

hence i dislike the love of theology and keep it simple kathy, thats where im at in my walk, does that mean if i dont subscribe to how others love theology that i should feel damned and condemned??
far from it, my heart is open to God to do as He wills when He wills it, so far, where im at, i have such a peace about His love, am i perfect in it?? Not to the depths of His but am so far from how i used to be with it that its been by His grace, pruning correcting and chastizing me along the way to date.:)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
hence i dislike the love of theology and keep it simple kathy, thats where im at in my walk, does that mean if i dont subscribe to how others love theology that i should feel damned and condemned??
no.
but i wish you extended the same courtesy to those who do love theology.
my Bible is more than one page long.

doctrine and related words (meaning INSTRUCTION) are mentioned more than 59 times in the NT

Last edited:
C

Consumed

no.
but i wish you extended the same courtesy to those who do love theology.
my Bible is more than one page long.

doctrine and related words (meaning INSTRUCTION) are mentioned more than 59 times in the NT

oh Kathy i do, i just never understand why such the focus on it that would steal joy over debating it :) I'm just a simple kinda guy

PS
do word count on love lol

zone

Jun 13, 2010
oh Kathy i do, i just never understand why such the focus on it that would steal joy over debating it :) I'm just a simple kinda guy

PS
do word count on love lol
steal joy?
whose joy?
i am always joyful.

i LOVE THEOLOGY AND ALL THINGS ABOUT THE CHRISTIAN FAITH. ok alex?
you're not fussy about it. i get it.

joy comes from knowing Our Saviour and what He has done for us.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
gotime, we agree completely.
God Bless you for sound doctrine and a real testimony.
love zone.

i really like this part:

whether or not we get to a place where we stop sinning or not is irrelevant. its the daily submitting that matters.
Thanks zone, I apologise for my inability to understand what you were saying.
God bless you.

A

AnandaHya

Ananda look at this covering then you tell me who clothed you. And Ananda look when will we LACK NOTHING.... When we are PERFECT! not before, and you can get this perfection right here... Read it and I hope you are the first one of us that LACK NOTHING! (Wanting or lacking nothing)
NANA look wherever we go GOD keep on persisting about us being PERFECT HERE! Wonder where God got His doctrine from?

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
The POWER I talk about is this NANA... 2 Peter 1... According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
you only lack because you lust for things God has not already given you. you sin, but don't extend your view of yourself to me.

Stop seeking after POWER and seek after GOD.

My heart rejoices in the truth of these words.

Philippians 4:11-13
New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011

Job was considered a perfect man who feared God and eschewed evil and sinned not through his trial,it was also because he overcame and did not curse the Lord,so he was perfect because he feared God

J

JohnChingford2007

Hi Cobus

I replied to you privately YESTERDAY to the private email you sent me. Your email covered all the questions raised here on this thread and other questions. You have not yet replied (maybe you didn't notice I had sent the reply to you?). Therefore, I have sent you the email again (with a few additions). I think it best if you respond to my email first before writing anything more on this thread to save the readers spending time answering questions which have ALREADY been answered by my email.

God bless

J

JohnChingford2007

The Heresy of Perfectionism by R.C. Sproul | Ligonier Ministries Blog

Hi Zone

I have now read that above link. However, I notice that you posted an earlier thread in July 2011 using that link as an OP. Wow it received 53 pages of response. Too many pages for me to read through. I read through a selection to see how the adherents of sinless perfection responded. I can see all the regulars there. Clearly nothing has changed their opinions over the last 3 months.

What I have noticed on this forum is that very few read the full OP or follow threads through properly. Most just like to say their piece (out of context) without considering what others have to say, ie it seems they are not capable of modifying their views even if proved false. THEY WILL NOT BE MOVED!

Maybe, instead of reading, maybe just maybe a video may have a better result. Therefore, I will give a video link (a series of 4) entitled "Do Christians Commit Sin" that covers much more ground but is easy to listen to and quicker than reading. For the link to the first video (the others follow one after the other) please CLICK HERE

Zone, please let me know what you think of them

zone

Jun 13, 2010

Hi Zone

I have now read that above link. However, I notice that you posted an earlier thread in July 2011 using that link as an OP. Wow it received 53 pages of response. Too many pages for me to read through. I read through a selection to see how the adherents of sinless perfection responded. I can see all the regulars there. Clearly nothing has changed their opinions over the last 3 months.

What I have noticed on this forum is that very few read the full OP or follow threads through properly. Most just like to say their piece (out of context) without considering what others have to say, ie it seems they are not capable of modifying their views even if proved false. THEY WILL NOT BE MOVED!

Maybe, instead of reading, maybe just maybe a video may have a better result. Therefore, I will give a video link (a series of 4) entitled "Do Christians Commit Sin" that covers much more ground but is easy to listen to and quicker than reading. For the link to the first video (the others follow one after the other) please CLICK HERE

done j
ty........

J

JohnChingford2007

Hi Zone

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpiTcZ92z0s&NR=1][/video]

J

JohnChingford2007

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbjr2OyG_Fk&NR=1[/video]
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pbIQgWDZKg&NR=1[/video]
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oly45abgcfs&NR=1[/video]

J

JohnChingford2007

Sorry if these videos have been downloaded twice. I was informed it is better to show the videos rather than the links. So just testing it out for the first time.