What on earth are pumps? Besides the plumbing variety. I'm 6'5, but I'm also not a woman.![]()
I'd probably look way up to you if I ever met you XD
Pumps are like heels, except different.
These are actually kinda cute...but I'd never wear them.
What on earth are pumps? Besides the plumbing variety. I'm 6'5, but I'm also not a woman.![]()
Lynx (and anyone else who thinks a CC get-together would have been cool--I can't agree more): the mods are free to correct me on this, but years ago, an amazing CC-er actually DID put together a huge, site-wise planned event.
I can't remember all the details but I think it was even going to be a cruise? As I said, anyone who knows better can feel free to correct me. It was going to be something like a 3-day event--they had a thread dedicated to it and everything. The organizers said they had based it all on some polls and other info that gave them an idea of who and how many would come. At one point, I believe a schedule was even posted of the events (praise and worship, live music, etc.) But, and I could be misunderstanding, nearly everyone backed out at the last minute--and it all had to be cancelled. (However, if the big party DID indeed happen and I missed it... someone please tell me. It's TOTALLY possible that I just missed the party!)
I truly admire the people who tried to arrange everything, and I felt badly that they had done SO much work... only to see it all fall through. (I myself had posted that I couldn't go, much as I would have loved to--at the time, I got one holiday week from work a year and had to save that for family obligations.)
Fortunately, there's no danger in me marrying anyone I meet because I'm not even allowed to date till I'm 30.![]()
My but this thread has wandered far afield...
Actually Lil, you are not allowed to day until you are thirty. Marriage is a different thing. And no Once, you did not forbid that.![]()
LOL my youth pastor has teasingly said, "No dating until you're married." Sooo I guess this means I find a guy I really like then elope?? LOL
LOL my youth pastor has teasingly said, "No dating until you're married." Sooo I guess this means I find a guy I really like then elope?? LOL
You're about to meet the woman of your life and you don't know what pumps are?What on earth are pumps? Besides the plumbing variety. I'm 6'5, but I'm also not a woman.![]()
And then... after getting married you can date? Huh... Well I did hear about this church near where I live that the pastor started telling his church that it was okay for a married man to have a girlfriend "in Christ" meaning another girl on the side as long as the girlfriend was also in church. All but two couples in that church wound up swapping spouses...
No, I didn't make that up. I wish it was just a story.


Bummer, indeed! Next time you get down here, you better let me know you-are-a-comin' - ya hear?!?Last year, I went to TX to hang-out with Reinitin, a CCer from chat. The original plan was to meet some CCers in TX who have become my friends, but our schedules were off. Bummer!
And then... after getting married you can date? Huh... Well I did hear about this church near where I live that the pastor started telling his church that it was okay for a married man to have a girlfriend "in Christ" meaning another girl on the side as long as the girlfriend was also in church. All but two couples in that church wound up swapping spouses...
No, I didn't make that up. I wish it was just a story.
Sorry, I should have explained. Sometimes I go from point A to point D mentally but fail to relate all of what I'm thinking to the people I'm talking to, and they understandably have trouble following me through points B and C.
The preceding post was taking "you can't date until after you're married" to its logical end-point. To recap - you said your youth pastor told you jokingly that you couldn't date until after you are married. My brain rang up "dating after marriage" and that story popped up. If you date after you are married I bet your husband will object...
Sorry, I should have explained. Sometimes I go from point A to point D mentally but fail to relate all of what I'm thinking to the people I'm talking to, and they understandably have trouble following me through points B and C.
The preceding post was taking "you can't date until after you're married" to its logical end-point. To recap - you said your youth pastor told you jokingly that you couldn't date until after you are married. My brain rang up "dating after marriage" and that story popped up. If you date after you are married I bet your husband will object...
And then... after getting married you can date? Huh... Well I did hear about this church near where I live that the pastor started telling his church that it was okay for a married man to have a girlfriend "in Christ" meaning another girl on the side as long as the girlfriend was also in church. All but two couples in that church wound up swapping spouses...
No, I didn't make that up. I wish it was just a story.