Im bi. Is that a bad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jonnyp

Hi everyone,

I'm a 21 year old male and am bisexual. I'm not sure if its bad to be both sexually attracted men and women. Can anyone please help?

Feb 7, 2015
Makes it tough if you plan to follow Jesus.

P

Powemm

Hi johnny ... who said you were bad?

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
Being bisexual is the same as being gay. Being gay is a sin because God doesn't want men to sleep with men. (Leviticus 18:22 (KJV) 22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.)
If you are interested in the same sex its just as much as a sin as being being gay.
I'm not bashing on you, so please don't think that. I understand the feeling. I've been there and I tried for years to convince myself it wasn't a sin because I wasn't %100 gay but I was just fooling myself. I had to repent just as I'd have to repent from any other sin. It's hard.
It's still a sin. It's still bad. (The sin is bad, you are not) I'm sorry. But its the truth.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm a 21 year old male and am bisexual. I'm not sure if its bad to be both sexually attracted men and women. Can anyone please help?

You may be attracted to males, but it is the acting on that attraction that is the problem.

God is pretty clear on sex. ANY sex outside of the man and wife covenant relationship is sin in need of confession and repentance. Praying for you.

May 3, 2013
Hi everyone,

Bad for you or BAD for me?

I hope you don´t try to lure me away, please.

V

VioletReigns

Hi everyone,

Hi, I see you've been a member at CC for a few years. Grace to you in Christ Jesus! :)

Regarding your question, I think the Lord is the One who can answer that for you best. I see in your profile you say the Lord is your Father & Friend. Praise God! :) So I'm assuming you talk with the Lord, correct?

I, too ask God about things I want and desire, wondering if a particular thing would be beneficial to my life or perhaps just not worth it, ya know Jonny? And then I'm reminded:

"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loves me and gave Himself for me."

In other words, this thing I want so badly, is it blessing God and giving Him glory? Will it help me to surrender freely to God so that He can draw people to Him through my daily living? Or am I lifting this thing up so high in my life, that God has to take 2nd place? Who do I love more, this thing I want - or God?

After my husband passed, I fell "in love" with a man who was everything most women dream of. He was a king in my eyes. He was tall, dark, handsome, built like a linebacker, a successful businessman, intelligent, fun and what a great sense of humor he had! I thought I hit the jackpot, ya know? He lived out of town but came through on business each week.

We spent every weekend together, fishing, swimming, dining out, dancing, going to music festivals. I felt on top of the world as he had me spellbound in love. Praise God our Lord, we did not get physical because I found out he was married! My heart was shattered and he would not leave me alone. He begged me to be with him, said his wife didn't love him, blah, blah, blah. It would almost kill me to tell him to leave me alone. But I did. And oh how hard I cried!!! I wanted him to be mine so badly!!!

It took me over a year to recover from him. I had been so convinced it was a good thing and all the time it was not. I was deceived. BUT---- the good that came out of it was once I was purged from my yearning for him, the Voice of God became so much clearer to me. I feel closer to God's reality, as opposed to the temporary reality of this life. My flesh crying out for what it wants is no where near as clear and distinct as God's Voice.

Nobody can tell you more clearly what's best for you than your Loving Father. You have to hear His Voice for yourself, above all of our voices and even above the voice of your own flesh. I pray in Jesus' name the Lord give you such a vision of Himself in your heart and mind, that you be blessed with such great mercy and grace, Jonny dear. ♥ :) Nice to meet you, btw.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2015
Hi everyone,

It's bad, but it can be overcome; I know from experience. There's deliverance, just keep seeking Jesus. :) Resist temptation and pray for strength.

K

kenthomas27

Hi, I see you've been a member at CC for a few years. Grace to you in Christ Jesus! :)

Regarding your question, I think the Lord is the One who can answer that for you best. I see in your profile you say the Lord is your Father & Friend. Praise God! :) So I'm assuming you talk with the Lord, correct?

I, too ask God about things I want and desire, wondering if a particular thing would be beneficial to my life or perhaps just not worth it, ya know Jonny? And then I'm reminded:

"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loves me and gave Himself for me."

In other words, this thing I want so badly, is it blessing God and giving Him glory? Will it help me to surrender freely to God so that He can draw people to Him through my daily living? Or am I lifting this thing up so high in my life, that God has to take 2nd place? Who do I love more, this thing I want - or God?

After my husband passed, I fell "in love" with a man who was everything most women dream of. He was a king in my eyes. He was tall, dark, handsome, built like a linebacker, a successful businessman, intelligent, fun and what a great sense of humor he had! I thought I hit the jackpot, ya know? He lived out of town but came through on business each week.

We spent every weekend together, fishing, swimming, dining out, dancing, going to music festivals. I felt on top of the world as he had me spellbound in love. Praise God our Lord, we did not get physical because I found out he was married! My heart was shattered and he would not leave me alone. He begged me to be with him, said his wife didn't love him, blah, blah, blah. It would almost kill me to tell him to leave me alone. But I did. And oh how hard I cried!!! I wanted him to be mine so badly!!!

It took me over a year to recover from him. I had been so convinced it was a good thing and all the time it was not. I was deceived. BUT---- the good that came out of it was once I was purged from my yearning for him, the Voice of God became so much clearer to me. I feel closer to God's reality, as opposed to the temporary reality of this life. My flesh crying out for what it wants is no where near as clear and distinct as God's Voice.

Nobody can tell you more clearly what's best for you than your Loving Father. You have to hear His Voice for yourself, above all of our voices and even above the voice of your own flesh. I pray in Jesus' name the Lord give you such a vision of Himself in your heart and mind, that you be blessed with such great mercy and grace, Jonny dear. ♥ :) Nice to meet you, btw.
This unbelievably powerful testimony touches on an often untapped and mystical power found in our God of Israel; that of the power of suffering. Romans 5:3-5 speaks of the offspring of suffering; suffering producing endurance and endurance achieving character and character producing hope. Moreover, the message here is that it's God's love supplying that hope. Not that God has placed this obstacle of same sex attraction before you as some kind of test. That's not the case. It's a lost world and you're having to deal with this much like others might have to deal with any other variety of chronic sin for a variety of reasons. What's important is the infinitely deep well of this mystical Godly power that YOU have the opportunity to tap into BECAUSE of your suffering. James 1:2-4 - Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Beautifully said Violet!

willfollowsGod

Apr 14, 2011
Jonnyp, Jesus loves you whatever the sin and whatever the feeling, whether natural or unnatural you can bring it to God the Father through Jesus Christ, His Son. I may not know why you are sexually attracted to both men and women. It might be an experience you had like bullying, molested at a young age, etc. Whatever it is. God can help you to overcome this. I heard two testimonies of people who left the homosexual lifestyle (in fact one of the testimonies caused me to really examine myself and ask am I hating the sin or am I hating the person). So I love you, Jonny. But if you have not put your faith and trust in Christ yet please do so. First, just in case you are not saved and sadly are faking it, Jesus loves you and created you to know him personally he has a plan for your life. But the condition of man is sin (rebellion, passive indifference, etc against God) this manifests itself in the general sins to the more specific sins that are an offshot of those sins and because of that chasm between man and God, mankind does not love God and does not want His plan for their lives. So in order to bridge the chasm, people try to reach God like those who built the Tower of Babel, they try philosophy, charity works, works-based religions, etc. Nothing works and they all fail. But God sent his Son Jesus and he bridged the chasm between man and God through his death on the cross for your sins because he loves you, to take away the death penalty that mankind deserves, and he then resurrected from the dead on the third day. If you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and sovereign Lord and accept that Jesus died on the cross for you and rose from the dead for you and allow him to clean shop in your life, you will be saved. But it starts with realizing you are sinner (not just because of what you mentioned but by default from birth) and that you need a Savior. So please repent of all your sins to God and allow him to enter your life. If you have done this and still struggle, there is still hope. Fill your mind with Bible verses, with clean Christian music, and find a church (if you haven't already) that preaches what the Bible preaches and not what our culture preaches these days. Another thing to remember that men and women are created in God's image and his likeness, if one remembers that while one might struggle with lust it will help to lessen that sexual attraction. Thanks. God bless. Have a beautiful day!

P

Powemm

There isn't anyone but God on the face of this earth who designed you.. who better to go to than the one who created you to get answers? He designed you , He wired you...He knows "exactly" what He put in you. There is such a measure he has put in you that belongs to no one else but you.. love joy peace happiness.. He knows the makeup of your very being.. and no one but He fully knows who you are.. have questions about your design and make up? Go to the only person who created you..Go to the person who thought up your design.. God doesn't make junk.. your form..your make up..how you are designed was carefully and thoughtfully drawn up.. with care and all the intelligence of one who Is the master deigner of each one of us.. who created the world.. who set and called each star by name.. who else knows you better than him.. certainly not me or all of us here at cc put together. No not one of us knows you like Him... set for yourself a new adventure.. find out who he is.. what his charcteristic is.. the kind of master deigned he is.. his creativeness... because what you're going to discover is you were formed and deigned by the most intelligent, thoughtful, kind, merciful, loving being,you can't even fathom .. God is good my friend.. and every bit of that good you have been created by..it is already in you.. we didn't get this permission.. God just did it... that's how good He is... and you are this good. I'm not sure who is comparing you to what designer.. but my friend take that design off!!! You are fabulous jewel created by a diamond!! Bling only comes from bling I'll have you know.. and whoever is trying to dress you right now has no idea what they are trying to dress you in... come! Let's chat and lemme tell you some good stuff you need to know! Whoever is hating on you doesn't know love because love dresses you up it doesn't put dirt on your face OR sling it on you.. it cleans you up.. helps you up and dresses you up.. and sweety I'm telling you.. someone has thrown some mud on you while they were passing by you.. you better know this... you don't own the mud that was slung on you.. that came from someone else's hand and someone else's pocket... you aren't the owner of anything bad trying to make your white clothes dirty.. whenever someone whispers something negative in your ear?.. you just remember this.. it didn't come from your mouth...you don't own stuff like that..they do.. that's why they're saying it... you get to say what your the owner of.. and you get to say what you are not the owner of.. open that trunk inside you and start looking... take ownership of what you will and will not be the owner of inside you... just because someone else has junk in their trunk and trying to hand it to you so you can put it in yours doesn't mean you have to allow it.. slam that trunk shut and say.. ( oh but no , only good stuff is allowed in here!) And that junk you're trying to offer me ??? Well... go in about your way because hunny that stuff isn't good enough to come up in here! OWN what you want and you have a right to say NO to anything trying to make you ownership of something you don't want in your trunk of happiness.. I'm telling you if in was there we would have a sit down party and examine what's in the trunk of your life .. this isn't some game where people can just walk by you and throw their trash on you.. you don't have to be mean to them about it..but you can stand up while your sitting there in all your beautyou minding your own business.. walk over and put that garbage in the trash... this is your "life" we're talking about here... who you been allowing to throw trash like that on you? You're a diamond baby! No one can clean you up like God.. He says.. behold!! I make things new!! He sparkles you up.. He's a good God... now I don't know who youve been listening too or who their God is... but that's okay... pay that none of your mind.. because up in here.. the devil doesn't get to occupy our mind free of rent..there is a no tresspasses zone and there is a no littering sign up too.. he doesn't always respect that.. but you are big enough and strong enough because of who YOUR deigner is.. and who made YOU up.. to walk over to wherever that trash is that's being dumped and clean your yard up.. with a knowledge in mind you don't live such a lifestyle.. you ALSO HAVE (because of your royal bloodline) the ability to keep and maintain such.. you weren't made up from junk and you don't come from junk... YOU ARE ROYAL and come from royalty! You have a royal bloodline already (IN YOU!)... okay well that's enough from me... you better keep on walking you hear me? Don't make me come up in here and tell you again where you come from.. because there isn't a devil big enough or bad enough I can't shout the truth of God over.. wash that beautiful robe you got on too in the blood of jesus.. it gets all kinds of stains out...love ya

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone,

If you have sex with another man, yes that IS bad. And it's a sin. God created Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve. :/ And as Willie_T stated, being bisexual is gonna be very hard for you if you plan on being a real, true christian. Gays and bisexuals CANNOT be true christians as long as they live that twisted lifestyle.

T

Tired_tired_tired

If you have sex with another man, yes that IS bad. And it's a sin. God created Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve. :/
But then He created Cain, Abel, and Seth. Merely using a trite phrase like "not Adam and Steve" helps no one.

M

Mitspa

But then He created Cain, Abel, and Seth. Merely using a trite phrase like "not Adam and Steve" helps no one.
They was born of a woman...and cain did evil in the sight of the Lord, but Abels works where righteous. We as (believers) should never deny that we are sinners (in the flesh) but we should never accept that Gods grace would leave us bound in sin.

P

Practice-English

Read the Bible...
It's all I can say.

B

Babup

No two swords can be put in one sword pouch. Be as cold or warm but not lukewarm. Don't try to put one leg on one boat and another leg on another boat. Don't be confused put all your burden on Jesus Christ He will guide you to the right path.

K

Kisses1990

If you are trying to be a Christian who believes that homosexuality is a sin, I think you're probably lucky to be bi then rather than totally 100% gay. Probably will be a bit easier for you than for some. Don't feel bad for your own genes though. You didn't choose to be bi. Many scientists are now looking at the straight/bi/gay question as a spectrum -- that no one is actually absolutely objectively straight, bi, or gay, but that we just land closer to one side or the other on the spectrum, and it can change also in time because of different environment and pressures. For example, many "straight" men turn "gay" in prisons due to the lack of female interaction. It's not that they are "choosing" to be gay, they actually are changing and turning gay, at least for the time being. It's really interesting.

D

didymos

Hi everyone,

Being: no. Doing: yes.

A

aforgivensonofGod

I would like to address this thread kindheartedly, but yet enough for you to hear me out in what Christ has called you to do.

The problem isn't you "being bi" or being what ever it is, you think you're dealing with. The problem is, you aren't seeking God's face. Most of our problems would eventually get solved and rooted out when we are in the presence of God constantly, seeking Jesus wholeheartedly and giving up our life for righteousness sake.

That "Being Bi" wouldn't even stand a chance in the presence of God, because when you're with Jesus and walk with Him, you wouldn't even want that "Being Bi" to even exist. You'll want, "Being Christ."

So I commend and push you forward to give up your life, lay it down, put on your cross, and walk with Jesus wholeheartedly. Instead of seeking answers on the forum, seek answers from Jesus.
-----

Please hear me out here.

Reading through all the post and skimming through, I feel as if none of these replies that were giving to you in this thread were from Christ or from His heart. None of it, is anointed by the Spirit of God to change and move you. So I warn you in this, don't always listen to what you hear, but give your heart to the one who can answer all your questions, Jesus.

Look up to Christ, and not to instantaneous answers.
Do what God requires of you today, "Walk with me, lay down your life..."

Last edited by a moderator: