I'm Confused... How can you be a Christian and a Racist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you think a Christian can be a Racist?

• Total voters
May 27, 2020
I am TRULY confused. I do not understand how a Christian can be a racist? Although I have past experiences with racism at the workplace, but NEVER would I think I would be a victim of racism in a Christian chatroom.

I do not understand how I Christian can be a racist when Jesus is a Hebrew. Regardless, how the "world" wants to "picture" Jesus Christ. He was a Hebrew and his mother was a Hebrew.

I prayed and asked God for a revelation, because it sadden my spirit, how Christians can display HATE when the bible teaches us to LOVE. For "me" what was sickening, is when people in the chatroom PURPOSEFULLY intend to target and offend blacks, african americans and democrats.

I am NO judge, but MY HEART is heavy because it seems like they have not taken OFF the old man, but struggling to FIT the new man over the old man. They are confused, double minded. Their lips are far from their hearts.

I prayed, and asked God, "how do racist Christians lift up their hands to Jesus Christ, when he is a man of color?" I prayed myself to sleep, and he gave me this vision:

I saw Christians, "with like spirits" from all over the world, like it was a church convention. I saw how they had prayer, praise and worship, offering, meet and greet..... and after the choir did their selection... And everyone was waiting for the Preacher to come out with the word. It was the DEVIL. The people were screaming, they did not realize they were in HELL until they looked up.

God said to me, "here and now" they are in churches SERVING THE DEVIL.

I pray for my fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord who are RACIST. I pray that they receive revelation knowledge, I pray against a reprobate mind, I pray against the ways of the old man. I pray that they put on the new Man , understand how to LOVE, and when we a believers are instructed to love all and all means all. Genuine UNFEIGNED LOVE!

This is another THOUGHT that just popped up: Spirit and in Truth.
God expects us to confess, repent of our truths, regardless if they are good, bad or ugly.

1. WHY won't the Christian racist, tell Christ the truth to which he already knows and be cleansed of their sins?
2, Or, what about the Christian racist who tells Christ the TRUTH, they HATE, but will not allow the Holy Ghost to teach them how to love?

If you are not convicted by being a racist you have reprobate mind. Your own righteousness is only right in YOUR eyes and the ones who fear you.

Lastly, in the chatroom,
WHAT kind of Christian "sits and listens" or "leaves" when it is happening, insteading of STANDING , uniting on one accord? How can you be a COWARD CHRISTIAN, in these last days?

I am confused,
How can a Christian be a racist.... when Jesus is a Hebrew.

I have "many scriptures" that backs EVERYTHING I posted, "why" should I ... YOU TOO know "this is thread" is TRUE.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Christians are imperfect and at times what they do or say or neglect to do is contrary to scripture. Repentance is a life-long process. Like it says in the first chapter of Isaiah - Line upon line, precept upon precept. A little here, a little there. You wrote a very interesting introductory post. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC.

May 27, 2020
Thank you, I had a few TYPO's bu the message was clear.
I believe that it is a conversation that MUST happen "here".

This is what I KNOW: God wants us all to prosper in the spirit.
All he asks if a confession of the truth.

At least TRY to put OFF the old man and put ON the new man.
You can't wear both!!

Thank God for CC Chat.
It is CHRISTIAN CHAT

Humbly SUbmitted,
Sista_Tambourine

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This is better suited for another forum, maybe the Miscellaneous forum.

Welcome.gif

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I am TRULY confused. I do not understand how a Christian can be a racist? Although I have past experiences with racism at the workplace, but NEVER would I think I would be a victim of racism in a Christian chatroom.

I do not understand how I Christian can be a racist when Jesus is a Hebrew. Regardless, how the "world" wants to "picture" Jesus Christ. He was a Hebrew and his mother was a Hebrew.

I prayed and asked God for a revelation, because it sadden my spirit, how Christians can display HATE when the bible teaches us to LOVE. For "me" what was sickening, is when people in the chatroom PURPOSEFULLY intend to target and offend blacks, african americans and democrats.

I am NO judge, but MY HEART is heavy because it seems like they have not taken OFF the old man, but struggling to FIT the new man over the old man. They are confused, double minded. Their lips are far from their hearts.

I prayed, and asked God, "how do racist Christians lift up their hands to Jesus Christ, when he is a man of color?" I prayed myself to sleep, and he gave me this vision:

I saw Christians, "with like spirits" from all over the world, like it was a church convention. I saw how they had prayer, praise and worship, offering, meet and greet..... and after the choir did their selection... And everyone was waiting for the Preacher to come out with the word. It was the DEVIL. The people were screaming, they did not realize they were in HELL until they looked up.

God said to me, "here and now" they are in churches SERVING THE DEVIL.

I pray for my fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord who are RACIST. I pray that they receive revelation knowledge, I pray against a reprobate mind, I pray against the ways of the old man. I pray that they put on the new Man , understand how to LOVE, and when we a believers are instructed to love all and all means all. Genuine UNFEIGNED LOVE!

This is another THOUGHT that just popped up: Spirit and in Truth.
God expects us to confess, repent of our truths, regardless if they are good, bad or ugly.

1. WHY won't the Christian racist, tell Christ the truth to which he already knows and be cleansed of their sins?
2, Or, what about the Christian racist who tells Christ the TRUTH, they HATE, but will not allow the Holy Ghost to teach them how to love?

If you are not convicted by being a racist you have reprobate mind. Your own righteousness is only right in YOUR eyes and the ones who fear you.

Lastly, in the chatroom,
WHAT kind of Christian "sits and listens" or "leaves" when it is happening, insteading of STANDING , uniting on one accord? How can you be a COWARD CHRISTIAN, in these last days?

I am confused,
How can a Christian be a racist.... when Jesus is a Hebrew.

I have "many scriptures" that backs EVERYTHING I posted, "why" should I ... YOU TOO know "this is thread" is TRUE.
I am TRULY confused. I do not understand how a Christian can be a racist?
Racism has to be defined nowadays because If I just say it is defined as hate for another race well nowadays it is used out of context. For example, a cartoon police dog was under fire for promoting racism but it doesn't by definition. So I will assume we are talking about hate towards other races. Hate is sin and racism is a branch of hate. In the middle east, they are divided not on skin color but beliefs, so hate will always plague mankind. We must understand sin is still within the church, Christians are in a sanctification process.

For "me" what was sickening, is when people in the chatroom PURPOSEFULLY intend to target and offend blacks, african americans and democrats.
We also have to be careful to call racism. Because for example I dont agree with many Democrats but that is the ideology I disagree with not hate towards the individual. But yes if someone is specifically targeting your race and it is evident they hate your race then racism can be spoken against.

It is definitely a problem for humanity. Whites, Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, Indians, etc. I literally had someone tell me last week my race was the problem. Racism exists and the best eradication is Christ Jesus.

The big problem in America is two worldviews are bashing. The majority mostly vote Republican while minorities vote Democrat. So racism can be confused with disagreement over beliefs. Or some even say we are born racist and may not know it, so we must be woke from it.

But also philosophical ideas going back to Darwin, Marxism, and 1960s movements that started ideas like Intersectionality, class wars, racecards, critical race theory, and identity politics. Then Academia, Hollywood, and news media started to promote such ideas. I could go further and explain what all of this is for and why but there are plenty of books out there about this.

Here Meeke Addison and Alexander Hamilton explain it nicely. They are both conservative African-Americans and they explain why race divisions are being motivated.

https://afr.net/podcasts/the-hamilt...cal-race-theory-and-intersectionality-re-air/

Racism is a great sin. And when properly defined we know how to combat it.

Mar 4, 2020
I've never seen open calls for racism in any Christian circle. Obviously that doesn't mean it cannot or will not happen. It should not happen. That's just my experience and maybe that isn't everyone else's experience. It is unfortunate if that happens because the Bible does say that regardless of what our race or gender is before we were in Christ that now we are one in Christ. Galatians 3:28

What I have seen in chatrooms and message boards is there are people who pass through with ulterior motives to poison the water hole, so to speak. There is a certain level of anonymity on the Internet which makes it easy for someone to casually come and claim to be a Christian and then promote anti-Christian values in order to make Christians look bad. The Bible actually refers to this concept as a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. Matthew 17:15-23, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

It isn't unique to Christians either. It happens all the time in politics, the media, activism, movements, other faiths, ideologies, etc. It's an attempt to undermine one's opponent, defame them, and slander them to weaken the influence of their cause.

Obviously that's just a possibility. It's probably more apparent in places like the United States where people are openly divided along political and racial lines in the media and politics. That sort of toxicity will seep into someone's very heart and soul if they listen to too much of it and Christians aren't immune.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I don't know how did it come to it, that people are valued by some based on the amount of melanin in skin.
It's just melanin... like eye color. It's like hating people because they were born in a certain location, when you cannot choose where you will be born, and could have born in another location, or with another amount of melanin. At least it's what I think.

Hope you do not start generalizing people because of bad experiences. I have experienced people of color characterizing me online as some evil oppressor and hating me by default because I was born with white skin color. My country never even had colonies and is relatively poor. And would it make it right to hate me by default if I was born rich, or if my country had colonies centuries ago before I was ever born? This "dig heels in" is ruining a lot of progress we could make together, and it happens on both sides.

I think it is really messed up that some people actually believe in 21st century that other people are dirty and similar things because they have darker skin, and such people do exist. I had a coworker with whom I made friends when I lived in my country. She's of color (Roma/Gypsy) and we've always got along great, and one day she opened up to me, that one coworker looked down on her because she is a Roma and badmouthed her for that. That was upsetting. I told her that did not say anything about her worth, but about his.

Not from a very Christian person imo, she encountered that from the type of person that was uncultured and annoyed others at work with his raunchy stupid jokes, but the problem is this kind of people often THINK they are Christian because it's a cultural heritage and they might fill in "Christian" on census, yet this not being their personal way of life at all. Truth is that a lot of people profess to be Christians but they are completely secular and live a very worldly lifestyle. As God said, the remnant shall be saved.

Can I give you a hug?
Welcome on board.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
You can't be a Christian and be a racist. God commands us to love one another. We all need love, God is love, we all need God. I wish we all could give everyone hurting a hug and listen to their voice and truly try to understand and make a difference.

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
Christian are ordinary people have a good and bad people

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
Indeed we all fall short, in the end God judges the heart. I can't see how someone who is racist, loves Jesus.
Some people reflect hatred by hatred angry by angry they couldn't absorb Thier feeling.

Some people who got persecuted they will blow up like bomb

Also people who feel they be minority they thought that's best way to be reserved

I'm bad at English

May 27, 2020
Racism has to be defined nowadays because If I just say it is defined as hate for another race well nowadays it is used out of context. For example, a cartoon police dog was under fire for promoting racism but it doesn't by definition. So I will assume we are talking about hate towards other races. Hate is sin and racism is a branch of hate. In the middle east, they are divided not on skin color but beliefs, so hate will always plague mankind. We must understand sin is still within the church, Christians are in a sanctification process.

We also have to be careful to call racism. Because for example I dont agree with many Democrats but that is the ideology I disagree with not hate towards the individual. But yes if someone is specifically targeting your race and it is evident they hate your race then racism can be spoken against.

It is definitely a problem for humanity. Whites, Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, Indians, etc. I literally had someone tell me last week my race was the problem. Racism exists and the best eradication is Christ Jesus.

The big problem in America is two worldviews are bashing. The majority mostly vote Republican while minorities vote Democrat. So racism can be confused with disagreement over beliefs. Or some even say we are born racist and may not know it, so we must be woke from it.

But also philosophical ideas going back to Darwin, Marxism, and 1960s movements that started ideas like Intersectionality, class wars, racecards, critical race theory, and identity politics. Then Academia, Hollywood, and news media started to promote such ideas. I could go further and explain what all of this is for and why but there are plenty of books out there about this.

Here Meeke Addison and Alexander Hamilton explain it nicely. They are both conservative African-Americans and they explain why race divisions are being motivated.

https://afr.net/podcasts/the-hamilt...cal-race-theory-and-intersectionality-re-air/

This is better suited for another forum, maybe the Miscellaneous forum.

View attachment 217845
Well thanks for the redirection, however, I am new. Maybe my next ones will be in a better "thread"?! Tanks for the welcome

May 27, 2020

Thanks for your response.
I guess my MAIN point, is we are INSTRUCTED.... to love everyone. And if you have the "old man" way of thinking..... we must ADMIT... that it is not the way of God.
I was taught prejudices ... "it is not uncommon". but when I became SAVED. I no longer, can be led by what I "was taught"; even some things were good... BUT, now as a Christian, I am supposed to led by the Holy Ghost.

May 27, 2020
Thank you !! I am learning the ropes!!
Thanks.
Some people reflect hatred by hatred angry by angry they couldn't absorb Thier feeling.

Some people who got persecuted they will blow up like bomb

Also people who feel they be minority they thought that's best way to be reserved

I'm bad at English
Thanks for your response!!
Where is the LOVE for all mankind. IF, Christians could "try" to do that, how much better would the world TODAY... 2020 be.

May 27, 2020
You can't be a Christian and be a racist. God commands us to love one another. We all need love, God is love, we all need God. I wish we all could give everyone hurting a hug and listen to their voice and truly try to understand and make a difference.
I agree..
I believe if you "are' a racist. TELL GOD THE TRUTH... so that he can show you to LOVE!

May 27, 2020
I've never seen open calls for racism in any Christian circle. Obviously that doesn't mean it cannot or will not happen. It should not happen. That's just my experience and maybe that isn't everyone else's experience. It is unfortunate if that happens because the Bible does say that regardless of what our race or gender is before we were in Christ that now we are one in Christ. Galatians 3:28

What I have seen in chatrooms and message boards is there are people who pass through with ulterior motives to poison the water hole, so to speak. There is a certain level of anonymity on the Internet which makes it easy for someone to casually come and claim to be a Christian and then promote anti-Christian values in order to make Christians look bad. The Bible actually refers to this concept as a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. Matthew 17:15-23, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

It isn't unique to Christians either. It happens all the time in politics, the media, activism, movements, other faiths, ideologies, etc. It's an attempt to undermine one's opponent, defame them, and slander them to weaken the influence of their cause.

Obviously that's just a possibility. It's probably more apparent in places like the United States where people are openly divided along political and racial lines in the media and politics. That sort of toxicity will seep into someone's very heart and soul if they listen to too much of it and Christians aren't immune.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
YES!!
We should be united on one thing PERIOD: LOVE...