I'm leaving/I'm back thread!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Hello! Is there already an "I'm leaving/I'm back" thread? If there is, can we sticky it somewhere so it's not buried? I've seen people create individual "goodbye" threads, I guess that's the current option?

Having a "say hello to new users" thread is awesome, and is easily found!

Anyway, if there's already an "I'm leaving/I'm back" thread, please consider sticky-ing it! Thanks! If there's not an existing thread like that, please consider adding it... then making it sticky lol. Thanks! :)
Why sticky it? Would it ever fall off the first page? lol :)

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
Why sticky it? Would it ever fall off the first page? lol :)
You're right! If it were in constant use! Butttttt things that aren't stickied fall off the first page after about fifteen minutes, I think lol.

T

toinena

So many times Wild said he would leave and then came back (Strange. He really left last time, or did he? ), he could have his own sicky sucky sticky. If I leave I think I would just fade away and no one would notice. I wouldn't tell the world I was leaving. Well
GUYS. I AM LEAVING!

See you tomorrow.

J

joefizz

There is no rule forbidding adults from posting in the teen forums. Nor is there a rule forbidding married to post in singles, etc... Those areas are intended to focus around topics they are named after to attract others that fall into the category.
If there were strict limitations they would not even allow you to see that the teens forum existed if you were not a teen, like how they have done with the women's forum.

But most will find it odd if an adult starts a thread in the teens, or dwells in there too much, even though there is no rule against it.
oh so I can answer questions about the bible in teens forum without fear of being banned or is it still better to exercise caution?

Z

Zi

rule 9 doesn't agree with him.
oh so I can answer questions about the bible in teens forum without fear of being banned or is it still better to exercise caution?

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
So many times Wild said he would leave and then came back (Strange. He really left last time, or did he? ), he could have his own sicky sucky sticky. If I leave I think I would just fade away and no one would notice. I wouldn't tell the world I was leaving. Well
GUYS. I AM LEAVING!

See you tomorrow.
Wellll, he probably put a goodbye note in the prayer requests thread, and an "I'm back" note in the miscellaneous thread... wouldn't it be nice if they were all in one place? :)

J

joefizz

Yep but you know how rules go,like at my work it is posted everywhere not to play on phones or text on phone while on the job but does anyone follow the rule besides me,nooooo,so I figured I'd get more info from ugly on what the rules are entirely.

Z

Zi

That doesn't change the rule existing. He said there wasn't one. But there is
Yep but you know how rules go,like at my work it is posted everywhere not to play on phones or text on phone while on the job but does anyone follow the rule besides me,nooooo,so I figured I'd get more info from ugly on what the rules are entirely.

J

joefizz

looks like Ugly is right the rules say no adults are to be in the Teen"chat room" this is the forums not the chat room,I think I'm understanding now!

Z

Zi

Chat room... Right
looks like Ugly is right the rules say no adults are to be in the Teen"chat room" this is the forums not the chat room,I think I'm understanding now!

J

joefizz

That doesn't change the rule existing. He said there wasn't one. But there is
but we were discussing the "forums" not the "chat rooms" chat rooms is a huge difference because someone might be on cam showing bad influences like drinking or some such,and try to be explicit,it makes sense,because in forums it's mostly just words without sound or visuals but in chat a person might harass someone,so I see Ugly's point.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
We have never prohibited adults from posting replies in the Teens Forum.

Rule 9 pertains to CHAT ROOMS not FORUMS.

9. Please do not hang out where you do not belong.
Please do not use the Teens chat room unless you are between 13 and 19 years old. And please do not use the Singles chat room unless you are single and 18 or older. (The other chat rooms are for general fellowship and are open to all.)

Z

Zi

With the way you follow that teen around and go on and on about love as tho no one knows who you mean, I can see why you wouldn't care about boundaries.

Personally you'd be banned if it were in my power.

J

joefizz

We have never prohibited adults from posting replies in the Teens Forum.

Rule 9 pertains to CHAT ROOMS not FORUMS.
Thank you Once Fallen glad to finally understand what is allowed concerning teens forum.
Scared the life out of me when I accidentally posted once and thought I was going to be banned,glad to know this is not the case!

J

joefizz

With the way you follow that teen around and go on and on about love as tho no one knows who you mean, I can see why you wouldn't care about boundaries.

Personally you'd be banned if it were in my power.
Actually I do respect "boundaries" I've already made clear I will not even attempt to pursue her in any form until she she is at least of legal age and she expresses feelings toward me,I'm not stupid nor some creep,I just simply like her,if she finds someone before I can ever even consider dating her then so be it,but until that possibility I will simply be what I've always liked being with her,her "friend" nothing more nothing less,I have never tried to seek her explicitly in anyway despite a few insinuations.
So you'd ban me for being in love with someone yet having done nothing worthy of banning for I am no fool,I respect rules and respect in general,let me be more simple if you don't understand what I've said...
I believe I love her,I have been stupidly open about this and I realize this and have been warned to tread carefully,so I will not continue to speak on her in such a manner,I will however continue to be her "friend",and on a side note as far as banning I'm quite glad to know you don't have the power to ban me because such a person should be "level headed" and not let "personal feelings" influence one's decisions,The mods here I believe are "level headed" and ban not by their own "personal feelings" but because of what is right.

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
Soooo... I still think an "I'm leaving, I'm back" stickied thread would be very useful to everyone, regardless of the forums they primarily use!

As for the rest of that conversation on this thread, I'll admit it made me a little uncomfortable when I read it. That's all I have to say about that. Insert appropriate Forrest Gump meme here.

J

joefizz

Soooo... I still think an "I'm leaving, I'm back" stickied thread would be very useful to everyone, regardless of the forums they primarily use!

As for the rest of that conversation on this thread, I'll admit it made me a little uncomfortable when I read it. That's all I have to say about that. Insert appropriate Forrest Gump meme here.

sorry about that,satan is following me everywhere fueling people to blast me with insults,anyways it's not a crazy idea your I'm leaving,I'm back thread,and you could just go ahead and "post one" one of the mods thought one of my ideas was useless,a thread for new people to post in an official thread without having to search for what forum fit them best,it bit the dust eventually,but at least I was allowed to do so despite a bit of criticism,try it out,if it flops it flops if it works out then it might stick around like some threads such as the "speak your mind thread" always good to ask first though,but asking for a new permanent thread or forum is quite different so naturally one might object to such an idea(if that is your intent.)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Satan is NOT "following you everywhere, fueling people to blast you with insults." YOUR inability to post without thinking about how it might affect others, is what is following you around. Despite being warned by several people, you carry on with it. :/ I haven't seen where anyone has insulted you, but I have seen where they are trying to get you to understand WHY alot of what you post on here is harmful or concerning to others. Yet for some reason, you perceive it to be an attack on you, when it really isn't.

sorry about that,satan is following me everywhere fueling people to blast me with insults,anyways it's not a crazy idea your I'm leaving,I'm back thread,and you could just go ahead and "post one" one of the mods thought one of my ideas was useless,a thread for new people to post in an official thread without having to search for what forum fit them best,it bit the dust eventually,but at least I was allowed to do so despite a bit of criticism,try it out,if it flops it flops if it works out then it might stick around like some threads such as the "speak your mind thread" always good to ask first though,but asking for a new permanent thread or forum is quite different so naturally one might object to such an idea(if that is your intent.)

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
Yeah, you're probably right... I thought it'd be something super simple that would serve the entire forum/forums/website, but I seem to be the only person who thinks so. Everyone just posts wherever they want. Apparently.

I was on a gaming forum that had an "I'm leaving/I'm back" thread, and it was VERY useful. Coming to a place that doesn't have one is kind of like driving an automatic then trying to drive a stick-shift Stanley steamer. Okay, those are cool, actually.

The biggest reason I think one would be nice is because, after coming back from an unintended absence of two years (can't believe it was two years!), I was really wondering what happened to certain people I used to be friends with. I won't mention names, but certain people I was really fond of are no longer here, and when you see their names on posts, it says, "guest." This makes me a little sad! It'd be nice to see if they left a goodbye post somewhere, and why they left.

Anyway, I'm officially giving up. Thanks though!