I'm Really a Nice Person Until....(what gets your goat)?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Someone making fun of people especially the 2 mentally disabled young ladies I work for..... you want to see me mad... pick on my girls.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Someone making fun of people especially the 2 mentally disabled young ladies I work for..... you want to see me mad... pick on my girls.
Yeah, my uncle Fred is the same way. You pick on him, he'll just turn it around with a little interest. If you want to see a good ole southern boy come unglued, you pick on his wife, his momma or his daughter.

NOTE: This is NOT recommended. He has a concealed carry permit, and he uses it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I cant think of anything that actually gets my goat
But if I do, you'll probably be the first to know.

there are lots of things that annoy me though in generally people ARE annoying so that includes me..so its just learning to be gracious.

Im not a fan of nosy judemental people though..busy bodies who always ask you what you are doing. or just make random uncalled for comments about you.
was just talking with staff about a former workmate at school today, who was the school receptionist. She was always wanting to know other peoples business.
if she'd gone to a someones house for a meal shed ask what was in the food. If you were off for a weekend shed want to know all the details on everything you did. if you were just sitting there relaxing shed want to know what you were doing there sitting and relaxing. If you were going up to the shops to buy lunch she'd have to know where you were going and how much you were spending.

She drove everyone nuts. children would get told dont see Miss busy body talk to Miss Chill instead. Otherwise they were going to get the nth degree.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I don't get enough sleep or food lol. Usually I tend to not talk to those who are not nice/kind. It often makes me wonder though if I'm missing an opportunity to shine His light.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
my big sister used to say when I was pestering her or being curious as younger children tend to be

'whats it to you?'

If you really wanted to get HER goat you would just eat a crumbly cracker with no plate in the living room.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My goat is gotten by stupidity, excessive repetition, uncommunicative people, false accusations and slander, bullies, and extraterrestrial alpha predators that think they can come to earth and rob me of my kingdom.
Funny you should mention that last part. Alien Isolation is currently running on my other laptop. In fact right now I'm save-scumming to get what I need from androids I whacked.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
What gets my goat?

In a word, injustice.

A lot of people can turn a blind eye to the same, but I'm definitely not one of them, and I'm literally blind in one eye.

If something needs to be said or done, then I literally cannot help but to say or do it, and it's cost me plenty in this life.

I've lost "friends", family members, jobs/promotions, and all sorts of other things for speaking up or doing something when confronted with an injustice, but it's all been worth it, and I sleep comfortably at night. There have not only been times when I've helped to bring about positive change for others (while suffering for it myself), but also many times when I've helped the unjust to at least see how unjust they truly are.

That's all I've got.

Apparently, I only have one goat.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Say anything about me as I don't really care...
Just last night, my 19-year-old daughter told me, among a host of other things, that I'm a piece of sh*t, that I'm not her father, and that she's told all of her friends that I'm not her father, that I'm not welcome in her home (it's her mother's house), and that I can go f*ck myself...and it's not the first time that she's said such things to me.

Personally, I really don't care because I know that I've never so much as harmed a single hair upon her head, and that I've been nothing but a loving father to her. Her real issue is with Jesus Christ whom she hates with a passion. And just so you know, I don't go around trying to cram him down her throat or anybody else's throat for that matter. Instead, she simply hates my lifestyle, which greatly differs from her own, because, as my username suggests, I truly do seek to live for him.

Anyhow, her contempt for Christ (she regularly takes his name in vain now, just like her mother does) and how it will negatively affect her eternal destiny if she doesn't come to her senses before she dies is what I greatly care about, but it is what it is.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Just last night, my 19-year-old daughter told me, among a host of other things, that I'm a piece of sh*t, that I'm not her father, and that she's told all of her friends that I'm not her father, that I'm not welcome in her home (it's her mother's house), and that I can go f*ck myself...and it's not the first time that she's said such things to me.

Personally, I really don't care because I know that I've never so much as harmed a single hair upon her head, and that I've been nothing but a loving father to her. Her real issue is with Jesus Christ whom she hates with a passion. And just so you know, I don't go around trying to cram him down her throat or anybody else's throat for that matter. Instead, she simply hates my lifestyle, which greatly differs from her own, because, as my username suggests, I truly do seek to live for him.

Anyhow, her contempt for Christ (she regularly takes his name in vain now, just like her mother does) and how it will negatively affect her eternal destiny if she doesn't come to her senses before she dies is what I greatly care about, but it is what it is.
While in her teens my daughter was brainwashed by her mother to totally turn against me. That lasted a few years until one day she saw the light. Believe me, I feel your pain as I have been there, done that and bought the T-shirt.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Funny you should mention that last part. Alien Isolation is currently running on my other laptop. In fact right now I'm save-scumming to get what I need from androids I whacked.
The Borg is probably out to get you to give you an attitude adjustment by assimilation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
my big sister used to say when I was pestering her or being curious as younger children tend to be

'whats it to you?'

If you really wanted to get HER goat you would just eat a crumbly cracker with no plate in the living room.
I've done exactly that.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The Borg is probably out to get you to give you an attitude adjustment by assimilation.
Different big bad alien. This alien is an apex predator in space who can run faster than I, kill me in one shot and I can't kill him at all. All I can do through the whole game is try to avoid him.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Different big bad alien. This alien is an apex predator in space who can run faster than I, kill me in one shot and I can't kill him at all. All I can do through the whole game is try to avoid him.
Maybe you can at least slow the alien down by whacking off his tenacles.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
While in her teens my daughter was brainwashed by her mother to totally turn against me. That lasted a few years until one day she saw the light. Believe me, I feel your pain as I have been there, done that and bought the T-shirt.
My ex definitely sought to brainwash my children against me for almost the entirety of their lives, but I honestly don't believe that is the root of what I previously described. Instead, my daughter hates Jesus Christ with an EXPLOSIVE passion because she is literally an antichrist in that she lives her life in direct and hostile opposition to him and his teachings. Me? I'm just guilty by association. It's horrifying to watch, but she has her own free will.

I'll tell you this much, though, and many people might disagree with what I'm about to say...

I'm not chasing after her. This same exact scenario has played out before me many times over the last several years, and it's a clear indication of what is truly in her heart. She's not only hostile against her very Creator, but exceedingly disrespectful and hostile towards me as well, and without any justifiable cause in either case. She needs to repent. If she doesn't, then she can live the rest of her life with Satan as her father.

This same exact scenario has been going on for 30 something years with many of my other family members as well. They hate Christ to the point where they almost foam at the mouth (and I'm not exaggerating) if they see me wearing so much as a Christian-themed ballcap or t-shirt. Well, I finally drew the line in the sand last December, and I'm not crossing over it. They've done me nothing but evil for years, and years, and years, and years, and all simply because I'm a Christian. Again, NOT a Christian who has crammed the gospel down their throats by any stretch of anyone's imagination, but simply one who seeks to walk as Christ commands us to walk.

Anyhow, I'll continue to pray for all of them, but I'm not chasing any of them. If they want to repent, then we'll talk. If not, then I know who my real brothers, sisters, and family members are:

Those who hear the word of God and keep it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Maybe you can at least slow the alien down by whacking off his tenacles.
He doesn't have them. He's more of a bipedal type with a tough exoskeleton.

When I get a flamethrower I hear that can keep him at bay for a bit, maybe even drive him back into the vents for a short time... Fuel is of course limited.

J

joecoten

I may be mistaken...I may err in my perception or understanding...at some point I may be ignorant...spiritually blind...judgmental...but don't you dare call me a liar!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
being falsely accused is an injustice I dont handle that well

I dont think anyone does.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
being falsely accused is an injustice I dont handle that well

I dont think anyone does.
That depends.

If we're falsely accused for Christ's sake, then we're blessed, and we should actually rejoice and be exceedingly glad.

Matthew chapter 5

[11] Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
[12] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I am handling it better these days lol

but its still a pain when someone does that to you, makes you a scapegoat etc.