Interesting chart. I like it.
I would go with Paraphrasing because you want to grab the essence, or the point, not get lost in text.
What do you mean? Could you explain.
Copyrights keep competitors from duplicating and publishing the same writing as the NASB under a different name, without violating the law. Consequently, since the NASB was written before the NKJV the translators of the NKJV could not publish a word for word translation of the original text. If you look into the history of the NASB you will find that it was written to straighten out the translations of the original texts that were overseen and influenced and by the rulers at the time.
Where did you get the idea that the NKJV had any interest in copying the NASB? On the surface this sounds ridiculous; but I'd be interested in reading more about it if you have a source.
I didn't say they had an interest in copying the NASB, I pointed out that they had in interest in making sure they didn't violate the copyright held by the NASB. If you search out the NASB on the internet you will find the history. Spiros Zodiates, lockman Foundation is one of several sources I found. I also had personal conversations with seminary professors and seminary students. You should find some information in the NASB Indroduction. I had to deal with this topic because I was led to purchase the NASB in the face of being surrounded by KJV only believers.
And since you either refuse or are unable to identify what constitutes this alleged "whole Holy Bible", your comment doesn't add any value to this conversation.Make sure you get the whole Holy Bible.
KJV, NKJV, NIV, NLT, GW etc. etc. so many versions to choose from.
I'm a simple human being and want a Bible that is easy to read and is also faithful to old ways but still modern.
Am I asking too much?I'm reading about parallel Bibles right now and I think they're a great idea.
A Bible that is not HUGE and heavy but is easily carried daily is another important factor.
What version do you read and use?
God's Love and Protection be with you every minute of everyday. Amen!
Well the war surrounding the various translations tends to shade things as well.The HNV is in the public domain. It's language has been updated to more modern English than other public domain translations. It also uses Hebrew names. It tends to have more accurate translations than many others.
Young's Literal translation is also public domain according to BLB. It is a very helpful translation. He tries to keep the words in the original order even though English may render some phrases differently. That makes you think more and sometimes see more or more accurate meaning in the original language rendering.
KJV is also public domain and indicates words it adds with italics to inform the reader the word is not in the original language but possibly is implied. KJV is always helpful.
None of them is a perfect translation. Nearly all of them hide His real Name which has caused much confusion over the centuries. None of the main English translations rendered Psalm 119:176 accurately using the term "lost sheep" instead of rendering it "slain Lamb" as the original Hebrew says. Digging deeper into the original language is needed to arrive at deeper understanding. Translations all have some bias.
I had to deal with this topic because I was led to purchase the NASB in the face of being surrounded by KJV only believers.