I'm sick of getting acne, just want to give up life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 28, 2017
Really sick of it, I stress out because my life is a big spiritual attack. I try to eat healthy, but end up binging one day because of all the painful hurtful spiritual attacks. I wish I could just stop getting acne altogether, it started with me burning both sides of my face with boiling water and the pimples just dont Stop. Wish I didnt have to take like 40 minutes to get ready every morning, including face creams and washed and sunscreen and even makeup which I dont want to wear. Please it there is a prayer out there. It makes me feel left out as a Christian to get pimples. Please just please go away and never come back and acne scars leave I beg. I dont feel holy like all the other clear faced Christians.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Really sick of it, I stress out because my life is a big spiritual attack. I try to eat healthy, but end up binging one day because of all the painful hurtful spiritual attacks. I wish I could just stop getting acne altogether, it started with me burning both sides of my face with boiling water and the pimples just dont Stop. Wish I didnt have to take like 40 minutes to get ready every morning, including face creams and washed and sunscreen and even makeup which I dont want to wear. Please it there is a prayer out there. It makes me feel left out as a Christian to get pimples. Please just please go away and never come back and acne scars leave I beg. I dont feel holy like all the other clear faced Christians.
God made dermatologist for a reason.

L

loverofjesus27

The proactiv works really well and its totally pampering at the same time.

F

FenceMan

I don't know how old you are, but it could just be a stage you're going through. I used to get terrible acne with scabs all over my face. My face was always oily and gross. When I was baptized, one of the scabs got rubbed off and I had this bleeding sore on my face... :( It was humiliating and sort of depressing, especially since it seemed like no one else had any.

Here's the good news: if your acne is caused by oily skin, your scars won't necessarily last as your skin regenerates better than some people. And, oily skin will help you stay young looking longer after all the no-acne people have begun to show their age.

I washed my face with Witch Hazel sometimes, which helped with the healing and prevents some scarring. Otherwise, I used Noxzema or those round cleansing pads. I avoided oily and greasy foods, but that didn't do too much.

It may take awhile, but if your acne is just part of growing up it will subside over time. Today I have virtually no pimples on my face which I never thought was possible before. One side of my face has some subtle scarring from the worst acne, but no one has ever mentioned it to me so I don't think it's very visible actually.

But, if it is caused directly by burning your face and you never had it before that, then it would be worth talking to a doctor about it. Maybe it's something a little different.

Really, though, don't give up over this. If anything, it points to you being different than the rest of the crowd which can be a very good thing. I'm sure you have beautiful qualities that overshadow your acne.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
You may not like to hear this or maybe won't believe it, but if you radically alter your diet there is a very high probability your acne will vanish.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Please don't burn your face again with boiling water or cause any harm to your face... Some of this acne may be stress/anxiety related. I get pimples sometimes. Getting pimples or not getting them has nothing to do with how spiritual you are. Work on facing any fears, being assertive, and relaxation. Reading a good book( not drama filled book), coloring, deep breathing, and progressive muscle relaxation may help.

Feb 7, 2015
You may not like to hear this or maybe won't believe it, but if you radically alter your diet there is a very high probability your acne will vanish.
Listen to this man. He probably knows more about nutrition than anyone else on this forum.

Corbinscam

Jul 17, 2016
I had an issue for about a year....cut out sugars and processed foods and drank a healthy amount of water. Haven't had any issues since about two weeks after I did that.

L

loverofjesus27

me too i cut out a lot of stuff in my diet. like breakfast and coffee....

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
If you go for about 15 hours (or longer of course) between when you last ete dinner and when you first eat your breakfast (or lunch) a lot of good things happen health wise. But the studies show it has to be about 15 hours.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Listen to this man. He probably knows more about nutrition than anyone else on this forum.
He is the nutritional expert on this site. He has valuable insight that he's always willing to share. A tremendous asset.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
aww--don't let it overwhelm you, little sister/daughter--
very sad to hear this and it hit my heart with teary sadness since I know your pain very well, having had the same thing when i was younger. It's a bad time--those years--for an ordeal like that, but it usually means that you are called to something special in life. No one has won any battles by giving up-- if the social stress is getting to you, maybe study at home? or with people who are understanding and supportive-- Be careful of what you put on your face, since it's not all healthy and can make it worse. If you can not see a medical provider, search the internet and ask them at church for help to know how to treat it. Sometimes doctors will prescribe pills temporarily, and diet is VERY important.

I will pray for you this week and weekend that you will have the strength to endure, and that things will improve, and most of all you will have renewed hope! Jesus did and can cure anything, but, while we pray, we should also take good care and do our part in healing, and be willing to accept God's will in all things. In today's world, everyone wants a quick-fix to everything. Just show God that you are willing to hang on through your suffering--the gift of long-suffering--day-by-day; week-by-week; month-by-month; for a while-- and then expect God to help you in some way, persisting in humble, faithful, expectation. Pleading with the Lord is ok, as long as it's not out of desperation, but to lead to a closer relationship with Jesus.
I'm 59 and even 45 years later, the memory of those years lets me weep with you---

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Here's a good inspiring upbeat song--it will make you smile!
Overcomer--

[video=youtube;b8VoUYtx0kw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VoUYtx0kw[/video]

student

Jul 20, 2010
I had very bad acne when I was 23. I did this, not knowing it could do me good. I started eating more grains and fruits. Stopped drinking pop. The acne was gone in a short time...less than 2 months, I believe. I didn't even pay attention to that for the distress I was in. It's stayed gone as well. LOve -student

student

Jul 20, 2010
Please don't burn your face again with boiling water or cause any harm to your face... Some of this acne may be stress/anxiety related. I get pimples sometimes. Getting pimples or not getting them has nothing to do with how spiritual you are. Work on facing any fears, being assertive, and relaxation. Reading a good book( not drama filled book), coloring, deep breathing, and progressive muscle relaxation may help.

I got the relaxation recipe...it's called "Four Square breathing".

Count to 4 as you breathe in.
Count to 4 as you hold the breath.
Count to 4 as you breath out.
Count to 4 as you hold the breath out.

Do at least 4 times. MOre is always better here.
It is a fact, you cannot be relaxed and anxious at the same time.
This WILL relax you if you concentrate only on your breathing.
It takes practice, but it truly helps.

-student

student

Jul 20, 2010
Also, there is a technique called "Tapping". You tap your forehead, below your eye, about 10 pressure points...it's online, but I'm unsure I can share it...nonetheless...there's a Christian take on it... As you tap each spot claim this, "Even though I feel _________, Standing at the foot of the cross, I deeply and completely accept myself and trust God to guide me." The tapping signals your brain to retrain it accordingly and the statement clarifies that. It works. I used it for a bulging disc once. I was in severe pain and had only 10 min to calm the pain down before singing in church. I tapped and repeated the verse. Suddenly, as time ran out, I felt no pain whatsoever until after the service. That just didn't happen then. Healed now, praise God. Love -student

H

heartofdavid

Old thread.
She probably moved on....

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Have u gone to a doc about this? Both dermatologists and gynecologists can maybe help u find the source and get it to get better.
I used to have worse issues but i started using masks with active charcoal. Maybe that can help u

B

Bella37

Here's a good inspiring upbeat song--it will make you smile!
Overcomer--

[video=youtube;b8VoUYtx0kw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VoUYtx0kw[/video]
Hi, thank you for this song, you are, PRECIOUS!

GODS LOVE, to you always!

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo :) <><<