I'm sick of getting acne, just want to give up life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

loverofjesus27

Most acne products contain an ingredient that gives you acne later on so you can continue buying more and more. So just stick with what you have and don’t use much because it will stress you out. Once twice a week is fine.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
Sometimes consuming too much sugar can trigger the problem. If you consume too much of it, try using a sugar substitute. Wishing you the best ..

L

loverofjesus27

NOw there are of course like my mom said better to best acne solutions she told me to continue using proactiv because she has seen results.

Jan 28, 2018
Older post but for anyone who is interested. I have heard wonderful things about removing certain foods from the diet. There was a lady from Moldova. She grew up on a little farm. She never got acne. And then she moved to the USA and got horrible cystic acne every time she ate dairy products. She can still eat dairy from her homeland but every time she eats it from here, terrible breakouts. She says she can eat raw dairy from here but not mainstream dairy in the USA. I think they have really changed the way they process our food.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Not sure if she's coming back, but will post for anyone else interested.

Back in my 20's I would get occasional pimples on my chin and jawline, so I used pro activ, and it DOES work, but all that constant exfoliating is not good for your skin in the long run. Plus, I found it difficult going cold turkey because my acne came back with a vengeance, so I had to gradually cut down to every other day, every week and then nothing, which worked better. If you're desperate you could try the pro activ to get rid of your existing acne and then find another way to maintain it.

It's a combination of things... hormones, diet, lack of hydration and not cleaning your face well.

I'm a fan of healing the body naturally through your diet. Things like raw kale are great for skin and you can throw some in a blender and mix with different fruits. There are mixed opinions on eating raw veggies, especially Kale, but I believe in moderation is fine. Also, plenty of water as nothing really beats hydrating internally. I've found that drinking water just before bed always helps a lot.. I always wake up feeling refreshed and a lot of it is because the water is being used as the body is repairing itself while you sleep, and then you flush out the toxins as soon as you wake up. Try to eat organic foods too.

As for external remedies...

Raw unfiltered honey - very soothing and a great treatment for acne and also it's great for anti aging. Make sure it's raw and unfiltered, not "organic honey" because there is a difference. Best to apply to a damp face as it's so much easier to rinse off after. Really soothing and makes your skin feel really soft. There's an Australian brand called Manuka and it's very powerful. I've not used that one yet, but it seems to be the most popular for skin and general health, especially getting rid of flu etc.

Aloe vera gel - straight from the plant, not the tube! You can't either buy the plant, or some grocery stores will sell the leaves. There are lots of youtube videos on how to extract the gel. Usually it's best to apply to a clean face before bed and leave it on overnight, and wash off the next morning. Would not recommend eating it though!!

Sheet Masks - my favorites are Dr Jart+. I use the "Soothing Hydra Solution" as well as the "Porecting Solution - Bubbling Charcoal". Love them!! There is usually serum left over in the packaging so I apply to my hands, arms and upper chest area rather than wasting it. Best to do these at night before bed. After removing the mask, press the excess serum into your skin and then seal it with a night cream/moisturizer. Don't exceed the time for the mask because you don't want it to dry up. There are other sheet masks but these are the two I've tried and love.

~~~

Professional Treatments:

Chemical peels & non ablative Lasers - good for acne treatment and also getting rid of any acne scars. The peels are a nuisance though because you shed like a snake, and you can't touch your face, you just have to wait for it all to shed naturally. The laser genesis is what I think they use on teens as it's a mild laser.

Hydrafacial - they literally give your face a thorough clean, extracting debris from your pores.

~~~

Double Cleansing - would recommend this for giving your face a really good clean. Usually ideal is to start with an oil cleanser followed by a water or foam based cleanser. I know the oil cleanser might seem counter productive, but it's the best way I've found to remove makeup and after rinsing it does not leave you greasy. The 2nd cleanse then removes anything you missed the first time. If you're reluctant to try the oil then use a water based cleanser first, but in my opinion the oil works better.

Julep Konjac Cleansing Sponge - really love this. I use it on my face in the shower. A really gentle way to exfoliate. Skin always feels polished afterwards.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
Food allergies are the number one cause of acne, and the worse the acne the more likely food allergies are involved. Eating a food to which the body is allergic leads to a continuous toxic reaction. In such a case the immune system fights the food as if it were an invading organism. This can cause inflammation in the skin (and many other conditions), as well as the need to eliminate the toxin.

https://ibstreatmentcenter.com/2012/06/acne-how-food-can-cause-it.html

Please consider getting tested for food allergies such as "certain foods, such as dairy and wheat" and white sugar as these may well be the cause of the problem.

Blessings ...

M

Mrsmom

I am 33 and still get a few monthly pimples but I used to hate my skin. I couldn't even choose a random square inch that didnt have a huge swollen blemish. I hated it. But I started putting baby powder on my pillow case. Started using zap zyt. And washing hair every day. Drinking water and they cleared. Now I just get one a month. But Aztec healing clay is good for daily use. Some people think not but I think if you have time. Go for it. Just moisturize.

Nov 23, 2021
Really sick of it, I stress out because my life is a big spiritual attack. I try to eat healthy, but end up binging one day because of all the painful hurtful spiritual attacks. I wish I could just stop getting acne altogether, it started with me burning both sides of my face with boiling water and the pimples just dont Stop. Wish I didnt have to take like 40 minutes to get ready every morning, including face creams and washed and sunscreen and even makeup which I dont want to wear. Please it there is a prayer out there. It makes me feel left out as a Christian to get pimples. Please just please go away and never come back and acne scars leave I beg. I dont feel holy like all the other clear faced Christians.
Hi, thank you for this song, you are, PRECIOUS!

GODS LOVE, to you always!

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo :) <><<
I've seen alot of people with acne and I've wondered why they didn't use the Product Proactive it's available at Amazon. From what I've seen it works.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Really sick of it, I stress out because my life is a big spiritual attack. I try to eat healthy, but end up binging one day because of all the painful hurtful spiritual attacks. I wish I could just stop getting acne altogether, it started with me burning both sides of my face with boiling water and the pimples just dont Stop. Wish I didnt have to take like 40 minutes to get ready every morning, including face creams and washed and sunscreen and even makeup which I dont want to wear. Please it there is a prayer out there. It makes me feel left out as a Christian to get pimples. Please just please go away and never come back and acne scars leave I beg. I dont feel holy like all the other clear faced Christians.[/QUOTE Jesus said they that are whole need not a physician, sounds like you need to see your doctor. I woke up with a sore toe which is red and swollen I didn't know I had gout until I saw a doctor in the emergency room. Believe me every step is like a new adventure in pain.

Dec 30, 2021
I am so sorry for what you are experiencing. Mine was a very bad case that basically kept me socially isolated until I was 20. No friends, no dating. My Mom also made the mistake of telling a family member, when she thought I was not within earshot:: “He just has a face only a mother could love.” Crushing. But hearing the Gospel for the first time after that was a spiritual and “whole person” lifeline.

Still, I felt so isolated, that I enlisted in the military just so I could be around people—even if it was the trials and travails of basic training. The experience got me out of negatively spiraling thought patterns.

As for physical healing, I had to self diagnose myself, as nothing worked except very heavy dosage of tetracycline. Bottom line, my acne drastically cleared up after eliminating all refined sugar, eggs, honey, white flour, shellfish, fruits high in fructose, and nuts. I am not saying you should follow the same course, but it could help to observe how your skin “reacts” with/without certain foods.

I am 67 and am still working through the emotional scarring. It jolted me when my wife told me a few years ago, “Why don’t you ever look at yourself in the mirror?” Habit, but it got me thinking. Trusting my Creator means that He values me as a significant part of the Body of Christ. It is so healing to know you belong.

Concentrate on the latter with all your might, please. I pray for you!

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I am so sorry for what you are experiencing. Mine was a very bad case that basically kept me socially isolated until I was 20. No friends, no dating. My Mom also made the mistake of telling a family member, when she thought I was not within earshot:: “He just has a face only a mother could love.” Crushing. But hearing the Gospel for the first time after that was a spiritual and “whole person” lifeline.

Still, I felt so isolated, that I enlisted in the military just so I could be around people—even if it was the trials and travails of basic training. The experience got me out of negatively spiraling thought patterns.

As for physical healing, I had to self diagnose myself, as nothing worked except very heavy dosage of tetracycline. Bottom line, my acne drastically cleared up after eliminating all refined sugar, eggs, honey, white flour, shellfish, fruits high in fructose, and nuts. I am not saying you should follow the same course, but it could help to observe how your skin “reacts” with/without certain foods.

I am 67 and am still working through the emotional scarring. It jolted me when my wife told me a few years ago, “Why don’t you ever look at yourself in the mirror?” Habit, but it got me thinking. Trusting my Creator means that He values me as a significant part of the Body of Christ. It is so healing to know you belong.

Concentrate on the latter with all your might, please. I pray for you!
Glad things are going a lot better for you

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
You may not like to hear this or maybe won't believe it, but if you radically alter your diet there is a very high probability your acne will vanish.
Get something like Biore charcoal facial scrub. It's what I use; my family has very oily skin. In the shower, I start with hot water and a gentle scrub on the face, then close the pores with cold water after.

You probably have a food allergy as well. Chocolate is a likely culprit. Milk, gluten, dairy, sugar are others. Possibly coffee. Try to go with a diet that is as natural as possible for a while: fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, water. Once things improve, slowly add small portions of foods back into your diet until you figure out what was causing the problem.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Really sick of it, I stress out because my life is a big spiritual attack. I try to eat healthy, but end up binging one day because of all the painful hurtful spiritual attacks. I wish I could just stop getting acne altogether, it started with me burning both sides of my face with boiling water and the pimples just dont Stop. Wish I didnt have to take like 40 minutes to get ready every morning, including face creams and washed and sunscreen and even makeup which I dont want to wear. Please it there is a prayer out there. It makes me feel left out as a Christian to get pimples. Please just please go away and never come back and acne scars leave I beg. I dont feel holy like all the other clear faced Christians.

Acne is a hormone issue. You need to figure out what is going on in your body. Often teens will get some acne but if it's out of control could be thyroid issue, endometriosis, pcos, etc. Get your hormones checked. Unfortunately often insurance won't cover.

For the acne itself go to a dermatologist. They will give a prescription. I liked differen gel (spelling might be wrong). Accutane is the strongest. Interestingly it's an extremely high content of vitamin A I believe. It works on everyone though sometimes it comes back not as severe.

In the meantime never use any over the counter acne product. Wash your face with dove soap, pat dry, put vitamin c serum on face. No moisturizing creams on face. Use sunscreen with tinted foundation (get from dermatologist), oil based foundation. It will cover better.

Remove dairy from diet and see if it helps.

I've been dealing with acne since I was 9 so yes I know all the tricks. Acne is gone now, but comes back when I slack on the rules I just mentioned.

JayDee

Feb 5, 2022
Hi, I suffered from cystic acne for 7 years. I tried everything. I went to the dermatologist and asked her if there was anything I could do diet wise and she told me no. I found that hard to believe, so I went to a clinical nutritionist and she put me on a protocol that included MMS. It took 8 months but my skin was finally clear and I haven't had any issues since. I also did microneedling to help with the scarring. It really helped alot. I know how hopeless it can feel. It's hard on your self esteem. It may be hard to believe, but there is hope and help. Check into a clinical nutritionist.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Maybe the problem is Christians and non Christians a like put too much emphasis on living up to Hollywood and worldly perfection. I really don't see the problem with a little acne, theirs more to a person than what's on their face.

wintersrain

Feb 20, 2022
Hormonal imbalance can be a cause of acne. Especially in women.

I use to work with a woman that tried everything for her condition. Once she realized hormones could be a cause she went to her doctor who referred her to https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=hormone+imbalance+acne&fr=yfp-t&fr2=p:fp,m:sb&ei=UTF-8&fp=1

https://www.healthyhormonesclub.com/what-type-of-doctor-do-you-see-for-hormone-imbalance/

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If you go for about 15 hours (or longer of course) between when you last ate dinner and when you first eat your breakfast (or lunch) a lot of good things happen health wise. But the studies show it has to be about 15 hours.
I do that regularly :) Some call it "intermittent fasting," but I am just not hungry when I wake up, and don't usually eat for at least six hours most days, which puts my first meal around or after noon. Does having coffee in that time interrupt these benefits?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If you go for about 15 hours (or longer of course) between when you last ete dinner and when you first eat your breakfast (or lunch) a lot of good things happen health wise. But the studies show it has to be about 15 hours.
I did that for years and years. What I would do was to eat once a day when I got home from work. I eat time was about an hour a day, not usually continuous but really got my fill of food. In my case it was about 23 hours between meals. I don't do this anymore but now eat several times a day and lots of snacks too.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I truly do feel for you as acne was a big problem for me. And I would try to learn as much as possible about today's treatments as possible. But sometimes, and I don't know your particular case, one is frustrated because their esteem is tied to their self evaluation rather than God's assessment of them. You were created in the image of God and this gives you eternal value. Further, if you are a Christian, then Jesus died for you. That makes you of infinite value. Whether your face is clear or not, God highly values you. Don't let the enemy steal your joy.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Gout has turned to ganglion, had marrow fluid surgically removed, bu after a month.... i have a large lump in the same place. I may need to see another surgeon. I hope the guy struggling with acne appreciates that God has blessed him with only a minor ailment. All he needs is a cream to clear up his ailment.

I might have to have the same spot on my foot cut open a third time and stitched again.

I dont know why the marrow fluid is in my foot, but I am guessing God allowed it on purpose because its not close to an area that affects nerves or veins and arteries, and is close to the bone. My guess is God is putting me through this to bless and encourage someone.... because i very rarely feel any pain. But to have my foot possibly need a third surgical operation.... come on really???? I wont know anything until I consult a physician next week.

Long weekend canada day today friday, then saturday and sunday.

I'd like to call the surgeon on monday and get an oppinion.