Imagine... what if you had glasses to see as Jesus does?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Imagine if you had a pair of glasses in which you could view the world, people and the things that happen in your day the way Jesus would see. What would change? How would you be different?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
We could not even begin to survive what Christ/God sees. The horror that goes on world wide, every minute of every day, that He has to endure would cause us to go insane instantly. We simply could not comprehend it.

That is why we can not begin to comprehend the mind of God.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
We could not even begin to survive what Christ/God sees. The horror that goes on world wide, every minute of every day, that He has to endure would cause us to go insane instantly. We simply could not comprehend it.

Yes indeed we would be traumatized and go insane within a second. We would be living in a personal Hell and we would probably commit suicide within a minute...

CherieR

May 6, 2017

My question was asking more about how we would be different if during our day we had Christ's perspective or his eyes of love to see. Examples such as when watching the news, going to work or being around others. I did not intend for it to sound like a question of what if we saw everything ( all the evil in the world). Yes if we knew all there is to know, it would probably be too much to handle

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He knows each of us intimately.

Dec 12, 2013
Imagine if you had a pair of glasses in which you could view the world, people and the things that happen in your day the way Jesus would see. What would change? How would you be different?
We already do....it is called....through the lens of the word of God.....unfortunately many if not all are bias, stunted in growth, rebellious and or willfully blind in some form or fashion..........make no mistake....I include myself in the above assessment.....

Oct 7, 2018
We have the mind of Christ. 1. Corinthians 2:16 we do see the world as it was, as it should be and how we are a product of it... ❤️ I probably would skip the mascara tho if Jesus was coming to town... ✌️

CherieR

May 6, 2017
We already do....it is called....through the lens of the word of God.....unfortunately many if not all are bias, stunted in growth, rebellious and or willfully blind in some form or fashion..........make no mistake....I include myself in the above assessment.....
Good point :)

CherieR

May 6, 2017
We have the mind of Christ. 1. Corinthians 2:16 we do see the world as it was, as it should be and how we are a product of it... ❤️ I probably would skip the mascara tho if Jesus was coming to town... ✌️
I am sure you don't need the mascara. ☺

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have actually long sought after these (glasses) you speak of. Yes perhaps we would see the world as filthy as it is and we would see humanities darkest and most evil parts within the human heart and soul and all the foul disgusting evil that comes with this world but we also would see out love. He sees and knows our most deepest and darkest most disgusting sins and thoughts, yes even us who are called Christians have such thoughts and desires and yet even seeing and knowing all of this he not only loves us but he would have done all he did on that horrific day a thousand times over for just one lost soul to be saved no0 matter how evil or how disgustingly immoral.

This kind of eyes baffles me, to be able to see the absolute worst part of any person more than deserving to burn in the worst fires of hell and yet to love and care for them enough to do what he did and even if he had to do it a thousand times over for just one of us..... he must see something that precious and that beautiful worth going that far for even past all of that disgusting sinful darkness.

This is what I saw when I looked at the cross and it really made think about the eyes we see through. I pondered what made him see the way he did, was simply because he is love or because he is God? In the end my answer was that it was deeper than that, it wasn't simply because he is love or because he is God it was also because of his heart it was what was in his heart that made him see the way he does.

In the same way what we see whether that is people ourselves the world -everything is based mainly upon what is in our hearts, for me at least this made me feel like God is more human than I realized more relatable and made me think deeper on being made in his image and maybe how the heart makes the eyes is not just a coincidence. So I have sought after his heart exhaustively with a hunger and thirst that I cannot seem to quench because it is his eyes I want to see with not my own it is his train of thought i seek not my own and it is his love and his heart I have to have not my own. I have said on here before how I would burn in the very fires of hell itself for even one lost soul no matter how evil or blood stained their souls or how dark and cruel their hearts and I spoke this everytime as if it was written in stone because even if i never have to do this I know that if i ever had to prove my words it would be his love and his heart that would be the reason for it not my own.

Even hell itself cannot hope match the fierceness of the flames of his love nor can it ever hope to compare to the heat of his hearts flames,. To see with his eyes you must seek his heart and in chasing his heart you will begin to see and think differently.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I don’t... but it’s a tough breakup... we still see each other occasionally 🤷‍♀️
It may be helpful to think that many people will not be looking very up close and some just don't pay much attention to other people's appearance. There is a song called Try by Colbie Callat and it is all about people looking beautiful as they are. Mascara if even a little gets in the eye may cause damage... Whatever you do please don't ever use false eye lashes. That may be worse that any other eye makeup.

Oct 7, 2018
It may be helpful to think that many people will not be looking very up close and some just don't pay much attention to other people's appearance. There is a song called Try by Colbie Callat and it is all about people looking beautiful as they are. Mascara if even a little gets in the eye may cause damage... Whatever you do please don't ever use false eye lashes. That may be worse that any other eye

Oh we are so beautiful as we are. ❤️ I wish all the women in the world would trash the makeup. But hey, I don’t worry to much about it. 🤗

T

theanointedsinner

a love so great, with unimaginable amount of empathy, you'd wonder how is Satan can possibly exist

you'd want unbelievers to wear those glasses for just one minute, and lead them to Christ. The best tool of evangelism ever, Satan will fear it
God probably didn't give those glasses yet, probably for some "free will" factor, or most is not ready for it yet

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I would love to be able to see things exactly the way God does...but it's probably not going to happen here. We do have a promise at the end, though. Not saying I can't learn and grow here, just saying God's ways and thoughts are much higher than mine.

1 Corinthians 13
14 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Much of what you would see would break your heart……..He saw and many times it was heart breaking.

M

Miri

I think if you had such glasses, you would see the world as a
totally dark, festering sore with Satan and his armies going around
tormenting people and shooting fiery darts at them.
Here and there would be flashes of light from His people in the darkness.

I can’t remember which famous preacher it was (possibly Jonathon Edwards).
Who had a dream about people blindly walking towards a fiery pit and falling
into it. Here and there were a few people dotted around the rim who could see
and they warned those who were blind to turn back. But the pit was vast and
miles upon miles of it had no one to warn those who were blind.

I wouldn’t want to wear those glasses. It’s bad enough to see awful things
on TV. To see the misery and darkness of the entire world past, present and
future would be a terrible thing.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I think I'm with the OP on this. I don't want to look and see all the depravity, evil, and darkness in this world, but would like to be able to see how Jesus can still look at us with mercy and love and extend salvation to us if we accept him and have faith in him, even though none of us deserve it.

I think that was the point of this thread, anyhow.

I can look at people with my natural or fleshly eyes and just consider them as weeds and tares and say they'll never be worth anything, but Jesus looks at them with love and mercy. And yes, I know if we walk in the Spirit then we are more like him and can see things more like him...but I would actually like to see things exactly like him and have perfect understanding. However, that probably won't ever happen here on this earth, but I can and should still strive to be more like him every day by trying to look at things through the Spiritual lens and not the fleshly one. Just my thoughts on it, anyhow.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I think I'm with the OP on this. I don't want to look and see all the depravity, evil, and darkness in this world, but would like to be able to see how Jesus can still look at us with mercy and love and extend salvation to us if we accept him and have faith in him, even though none of us deserve it.

I think that was the point of this thread, anyhow.

I can look at people with my natural or fleshly eyes and just consider them as weeds and tares and say they'll never be worth anything, but Jesus looks at them with love and mercy. And yes, I know if we walk in the Spirit then we are more like him and can see things more like him...but I would actually like to see things exactly like him and have perfect understanding. However, that probably won't ever happen here on this earth, but I can and should still strive to be more like him every day by trying to look at things through the Spiritual lens and not the fleshly one. Just my thoughts on it, anyhow.

I believe all who love Jesus do know what He saw, but the gravity of all iskept from us. Can you imagine enduring what He bore for us all? Wonderful is He, and I believe He protects us all while we are in this age, and also this is the reaon why we are told we will not remember,

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes JaumeJ, It is a part of our walk to see the Creation through the eyes of the Father, to be focused on the eternal, as He created us to rule and reign, He has given us dominion and with Christ indwelling we can do something about the evil in the world, and that is why Christ died for us in addition to salvation.
blessings