In a quandary update

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
Back in early January, I posted about being in a quandary about what to do about a friend who makes bad relational choices (January 6th in the Family Forum).
My friend did what we expected. He started in complaining again (3-4-weeks after marrying a woman he met online, but not but a day or so in person).
I told him I wasn't going there again, and if it is that bad, to seek professional help. I did say "I told you so", but I must confess, it didn't feel good.
I kind of feel sorry for him, but in a lot of ways, I just don't. He picked his path, now he has to figure out how to best follow that path.
I do not wish him ill. He IS my friend, and will always be. But he need wisdom when it comes to relationships.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
It's hard to accept that we can't "fix" other people... or their problems. I have a friend who makes rash decisions with money and relationships... repeatedly. Sometimes the most effective response is to leave them in their mess. It hurts to see them suffer, but if you have told them the truth, and they haven't listened, it's on their heads. Don't carry it. Just pray for your friend and speak wisdom as you have opportunity. The Lord can redeem some very hopeless situations. :)

Sep 13, 2018
Back in early January, I posted about being in a quandary about what to do about a friend who makes bad relational choices (January 6th in the Family Forum).
My friend did what we expected. He started in complaining again (3-4-weeks after marrying a woman he met online, but not but a day or so in person).
I told him I wasn't going there again, and if it is that bad, to seek professional help. I did say "I told you so", but I must confess, it didn't feel good.
I kind of feel sorry for him, but in a lot of ways, I just don't. He picked his path, now he has to figure out how to best follow that path.
I do not wish him ill. He IS my friend, and will always be. But he need wisdom when it comes to relationships.
Just pray for him...

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
It's hard to accept that we can't "fix" other people... or their problems. I have a friend who makes rash decisions with money and relationships... repeatedly. Sometimes the most effective response is to leave them in their mess. It hurts to see them suffer, but if you have told them the truth, and they haven't listened, it's on their heads. Don't carry it. Just pray for your friend and speak wisdom as you have opportunity. The Lord can redeem some very hopeless situations. :)
Yes indeed, I do pray for him, and I stay out of his business.
The Lord has my friend in His hands, I know that much.
Yet it still makes me shake my head....

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I married a Christian woman who lived alone for seven years-twice! She was /2 biker, 1/2 cowgirl, 1/2 hippie, and a little crazy. That was wonderful and terrible at the same time. Then I married an unbeliever, and things got really bad! I hope your friend figures things out, and that I do, too.