Matthew 7:12
“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
In another thread someone was asking about the Law being abolished or fulfilled. In another scriptures the Lord says loving God and our neighbor is the essence of all of the Law and the Prophets.
And then I came upon this scripture tonight and thought I'd share it as a separate thread. What caught my eye is the 'In everything' and the word ’people' as opposed to brothers or brethren.
It made me consider that in everything I'm to treat everyone in the same way I want them to treat me.
I guess this one caught my attention because my default verse is love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself for this fulfills the Law and the prophets.
Looking at this other scripture kind of gives me a fresh look at this, even though it's saying the same thing, only a little different. And I thought it might help all of us when there's lots of disagreeing and arguing going on.
We can continue to disagree and treat others with respect, even if they believe differently or even if we perceive they might be an unbeliever, or even an heritic.
I was thinking how great it would be if I can move past hurt feelings and move past condemning others on here because they don't agree with me. Because even if I don't post anything, I can have some bad thoughts and my heart is impure.
I got to thinking about the higher purpose for discussion. One thing I considered is that my words are to glorify God - all my words.....and my thoughts.
Also, it's to bring grace to the hearers.
And it's also to sow seeds of truth so that others might either come to know the Lord or that they might offer help to someone at an opportune time. Like a divine appointment or a word of wisdom or a word of knowledge.
Words are powerful - they can kill or bring life. We need to bring life to one another. We're hurting so many here, and we're family. Or maybe a prospective family member.
Let's remember that words can be like throwing stones that can injure and even kill. James asked, "Who can tame the tongue?" The conclusion is that the Holy Spirit has the power to tame our tongues.
Maybe it's time to take a break no allow the Holy Spirit to speak to each one of us. He loves us and is gentle.
1 John 4:7,8
“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
In another thread someone was asking about the Law being abolished or fulfilled. In another scriptures the Lord says loving God and our neighbor is the essence of all of the Law and the Prophets.
And then I came upon this scripture tonight and thought I'd share it as a separate thread. What caught my eye is the 'In everything' and the word ’people' as opposed to brothers or brethren.
It made me consider that in everything I'm to treat everyone in the same way I want them to treat me.
I guess this one caught my attention because my default verse is love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself for this fulfills the Law and the prophets.
Looking at this other scripture kind of gives me a fresh look at this, even though it's saying the same thing, only a little different. And I thought it might help all of us when there's lots of disagreeing and arguing going on.
We can continue to disagree and treat others with respect, even if they believe differently or even if we perceive they might be an unbeliever, or even an heritic.
I was thinking how great it would be if I can move past hurt feelings and move past condemning others on here because they don't agree with me. Because even if I don't post anything, I can have some bad thoughts and my heart is impure.
I got to thinking about the higher purpose for discussion. One thing I considered is that my words are to glorify God - all my words.....and my thoughts.
Also, it's to bring grace to the hearers.
And it's also to sow seeds of truth so that others might either come to know the Lord or that they might offer help to someone at an opportune time. Like a divine appointment or a word of wisdom or a word of knowledge.
Words are powerful - they can kill or bring life. We need to bring life to one another. We're hurting so many here, and we're family. Or maybe a prospective family member.
Let's remember that words can be like throwing stones that can injure and even kill. James asked, "Who can tame the tongue?" The conclusion is that the Holy Spirit has the power to tame our tongues.
Maybe it's time to take a break no allow the Holy Spirit to speak to each one of us. He loves us and is gentle.
1 John 4:7,8
