In Love with Your Best (Opposite Gender) Friend?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
I would marry my best friend but my best friend wouldnt approve lol
You know, I would marry one my best friends, but there's a few problems with that...

1. They are all guys.
2. It's not allowed in michigan(Thank you God ^_^)
3. I only like girls.

As for you guys that have a best friend that's a girl. Just be glad that you even have one that's a girl...

C

christiancollegegirl

Most of my best friends have been guys, I usually have more guy friends than girl friends.

M

missy2shoes

Guys are less moody as a rule than girls ;)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I married my best friend, we have been happily married for 28 years this year. Yes we were only friends for 5 years to start but one day I realised I might lose my friend to another and took a chance on love. we married 6 months later. God bless, pickles

V

voiceoftruth

Hmmm well would marry my best guy friend but i don't think he would approve.. but if that is Gods will then it will happen...
I thought about telling him lately.. not that i would marry him but that i really like him

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Why not go for it and tell him how you feel? It's worth a shot and it can be good to lay all the cards on the table...

K

Kyra

I agree with Seoul, take the plunge.

About this dating your best friend thing, there seems to be an unwritten law in my life-- if we are best friends I am utterly not attracted. I have tried and tried and tried to make the attraction happen. Nada.

If anyone knows the secret to this mystery and how to solve it, please tell me. We could go into business and make millions. :)

C

ChristopherMichael

Hey Everybody!

Have you ever, or are you, in love with your opposite gender best friend? If so, do you plan to marry them? Why or why not? Have any of you married your best friend (I know, this is the singles forum, but... maybe you know someone who married their best friend?) How did it turn out? I mean, if you're in love with your best friend, why not marry them, right? It seems like a no-brainer, but I'm guessing it's a little more complicated than that.

What do you all think?
Provided you're attracted to them, and would see no problems raising children together (as in, what you would teach them), then I'd say go for it!

- Topher

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I agree with Seoul, take the plunge.

About this dating your best friend thing, there seems to be an unwritten law in my life-- if we are best friends I am utterly not attracted. I have tried and tried and tried to make the attraction happen. Nada.

If anyone knows the secret to this mystery and how to solve it, please tell me. We could go into business and make millions. :)
You mean, a few roses, candlelit dinners in romantic restaurants a little pixie dust doesn't do the trick??? *dumps marketing proposal* *is crushed by the hundreds of zillions of dollars we could have made*

*Smiling because she knows EXACTLY!!! what Kyra means!!*

Attraction is definitely something you can't force yourself into.

T

Twilight

Some funny stuff. Actually made me LOL! Personally, I've never had a male best friend, so can't speak from experience, but I think if you had a friend (opposite gender, of course) who you were blessed enough to be in love with and them with you, then you'd have the best of both worlds - the passion and the true enjoyment of each other's company too!