In The Spirit

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Senior Member
Jul 2, 2011
21,908
7,063
113
When I first was convinced of our Savior by the Holy Spirit, I would go to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado to camp out in the forest and read my Bible.

I was given to share anything and everything from the Word with whomever would happen by. This was when I was camping near a public campground.

One person with whom I shared the Word never seemed to get anything share quite right. He would say he understood, then begin to speak about all the other viable religions of mankind, and holy places like Tibet and Mecca. I was apalled but patient and continued sharing with him.

One day this friend was going to go on a hike up a mountain, the name escapes me at present, but it was a popular hike for many going up a trail to the peak. My friend and about forty or fifty others were hiking up the trail when a storm broke out and those with tents pitched them and hunkered down for the evening and night, while the others returned.

According to my friend, just as the sun was rising, from his tent he heard my voice speaking the praises of God and the power of the Holy Spirit. He came out immediately and asked others, did you see a guy with yellow hair and a blue book in his hand. My hair was bleached out by the sun, and I always had my Oxford Bible in hand, it was blue. Several said, "Yes, he went on up the trail.

My friend knew he would find me because there was the one trail and anyone going up would have to return the same way because there is a sheer drop off at the top, a cliff dropping straight down.

My friend went up, and no one was there.

Now, about 25 miles away was I, and I was experiencing something wonderful as I slept. I can only describe it as sleeping in the Holy Spirit. I felt the Love of God all around me and throughout my person all that night, but I was not anywhere but in my sleeping bag.

I had no control over anything, but God always does. I had always been very upset about how many assemblies have left the Holy Spirit out of their worship, even offended, so it was my immediate duty, I felt, to let people know the Holy Spirit is still active as ever and to Love and worship all of God.

My friend who was separated from his wife, because of our fellowship reunited with her, and they became very active in spreading the Word in the Eastern US and in the Caribbean. I am so proud of our Father for this. Of course He is always my pride, and yours too it is certain, amen.