In your opinion do you believe world is about 6000 years old

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
We can't count the generation of Judah because two generations entered'

Using the length of Levi for every generation living as long as Levi

For maximum error we are going to say the generation of Perez lived 137 years in Egypt

Generation of Hezon lived in Egypt for 137 years

Generation of Amram which came out of Egypt lived 137 years with 40 years in wilderness

Judah--------0
Perez---------137 years
Hezon--------137 years
Amram------- 97 years
------------------------------
Total max----371 years

So it was impossible for Israel to be in Egypt for 430 uyears
Do you understand that Moses, Aaron and Miriam were LEVITES?
And the genealogy so noted as specifying the generations pertaining to the 430 year sojourn is that of the line of Levi.....not any other tribe?

Why in the world are you mixing the line of Judah with that of Levi???

Jun 20, 2022
And the genealogy so noted as specifying the generations pertaining to the 430 year sojourn is that of the line of Levi.....not any other tribe?

שְֽׁמַֽע־נָ֞א יְהוֹשֻׁ֣עַ ׀ הַכֹּהֵ֣ן הַגָּד֗וֹל אַתָּה֙ וְרֵעֶ֙יךָ֙ הַיֹּשְׁבִ֣ים לְפָנֶ֔יךָ כִּֽי־אַנְשֵׁ֥י מוֹפֵ֖ת הֵ֑מָּה כִּֽי־הִנְנִ֥י מֵבִ֛יא אֶת־עַבְדִּ֖י צֶֽמַח׃
Hearken well, O High Priest Joshua, you and your fellow priests sitting before you! For those men are a sign that I am going to bring My servant the Branch.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania

Hello cv5--Only reason I used Levi as a reference is we know how long he lived and considering Jacob and his length of life we can say most likely this was the maximum age of those who were living at the time in Egypt as lifespans keep dropping.

I used the names of those in the generational line who represented those in Egypt in Luke 3

33 the son of Ammin′adab, the son of Admin, the son of Arni, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
When you look at the meaning Of God spoke everything into existence,

A person could believe when the lord said let there be light and there was, they could also assume a physical substance could be created out of thin air in the blink of an eye.

You could speak something into existence your self right now.

Like there will be an living earth in the next 10 years

But the foundations will be prepared beforehand.

Both are spoken into existence

But you may not include your foundation plans or mention them

Most builders don't.

Its always a top secret that one 🙂

Don't forget God loves secrets between himself and somebodies private affairs in a private walk.
I see what your saying and ive had talks with athiests and believers on other platforms over those very issues . We must keep in mind who we are talking about , Our God is an Awesome God remember ? He doesnt need any physical material to create something, although He can" create " something out of existing material He made in the past ( He created time also ).

We cannot create anything , as an experiment try this ; Create something that never existed before and that is not related in anyway to anything God already created.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
"add 480 years" ......+ the 113 out-of-fellowship years = 593 years.
When Paul says "about 450 years" (Acts 13:17) he means 473 years.

And four generations is.....four generations, spanning THE SUM OF THE AGES OF THESE PATRIARCHS. Which is the KEY TO CORRECTLY DATING THE GENESIS GENEOLOGIES.

This is the genealogy of Moses.
Just as near east biblical kings and their reginal years were used in creating a "calendar" (which is EVERYWERE in Scripture BTW), so it was with our Bible Patriarchs, who were God's elect representatives on the earth.

Levi 77 years in Egypt

Kohath 133 years in Egypt

Amram 137 years in Egypt

Aaron 83 years in Egypt

430 years total time

1Ch 6:1
The sons of Levi; Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
1Ch 6:2
And the sons of Kohath; Amram, Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel.
1Ch 6:3
And the children of Amram; Aaron, and Moses, and Miriam. The sons also of Aaron; Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.

There are MANY MANY OTHER intervening members of this genealogy. But only the FOUR PATRIARCHES are noted."

"To solve this puzzle, let us assume that God is giving us the calendar for the Israelitish sojourn in Egypt. One might recall that Jacob came to Egypt with his sons including Levi, and that the Israelites went out of Egypt under the leadership of Moses and Aaron. Both Levi and Aaron are mentioned in Exodus 6 and the age of Aaron at the time of Israel's departure from Egypt is given as 83 (Exodus 7:7). It can be shown from the Biblical references that when Levi entered Egypt he was 60 to 63 years of age, with the burden of the evidence pointing to 60 years.5 Since he died at the age of 137, he lived 77 years in Egypt. If this is a calendar giving the names of the reference patriarchs or generations, we would expect that Kohath was a descendant of Levi and was born the year of Levi's death; and that Amram was a descendant of Kohath, and that he was born the year of Kohath's death. Aaron in turn was born the year of Amram's death, and was descended from Amram."

The sojourn lasted PRECISELY 430 years according to infallible SCRIPTURE. Not guesswork."

https://christianchat.com/threads/how-old-is-our-creation-really.194803/post-4609719

https://christianchat.com/threads/l...have-a-biblical-worldview.182445/post-3834586

https://christianchat.com/threads/no-major-doctrines-changed.210115/post-5047992

https://christianchat.com/threads/the-author-and-date-of-the-book-of-job.209493/post-5019778
One more thing--since two generation went in and yes Levi was in Egypt but we cant count him because two generations went in. So I went with the second generation were all newborns at entrance to Egypt---- Day 0. And in doing so using using your data the time in Egypt would have been 353 years

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
In my studies I have found the world is about 6000 years old. Anyone else studied time from Adam?????
I follow a spiritual interpretation of the scripture.

The tree of life in the middle of the garden was Jesus Christ.

The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, represents mankind's quest. Ultimately to explain everything, to understand life and the universe. Mankind believes that the answer to our problems rests in advances in technology, medicine, science, engineering.

Genesis is filled with symbols (trees, fruit) and so is the book of Revelation.

The earth is way older than 6,000 years and there are multiple lines of evidence that support an ancient earth.

How long mankind has been on the earth is far more difficult to narrow down.

Here is a good example of a spiritual interpretation.

Deuteronomy 25:4
You shall not muzzle the ox while it is threshing.

1 Corinthians 9:8-10
I am not just asserting these things according to human judgment, am I? Or does the Law not say these things as well? For it is written in the Law of Moses: “You shall not muzzle the ox while it is threshing.” God is not concerned about oxen, is He? Or is He speaking entirely for our sake? Yes, it was written for our sake, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher to thresh in hope of sharing in the crops.

Paul is certainly not reading the scripture in a literal sense.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I see what your saying and ive had talks with athiests and believers on other platforms over those very issues . We must keep in mind who we are talking about , Our God is an Awesome God remember ? He doesnt need any physical material to create something, although He can" create " something out of existing material He made in the past ( He created time also ).

We cannot create anything , as an experiment try this ; Create something that never existed before and that is not related in anyway to anything God already created.
ahh I'm sure atheists use God can not create something out of thin air for a different reason than I am 🙂

Maybe thats where you've become hardened because an atheist has said it.
Remember God created mañ from earth

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
ahh I'm sure atheists use God can not create something out of thin air for a different reason than I am 🙂

Maybe thats where you've become hardened because an atheist has said it.
Remember God created mañ from earth
No they didn't say that , they refuse to believe in God but they accept that nothing created everything which is ludicrous . But yes Im hardened against atheism .
Yes i agree, God created man out of the dust of the Earth but what i mean is not from nothing but rather from God's awesome power ( think energy ) and infinite intellect ( think wisdom ).

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
No they didn't say that , they refuse to believe in God but they accept that nothing created everything which is ludicrous . But yes Im hardened against atheism .
Yes i agree, God created man out of the dust of the Earth but what i mean is not from nothing but rather from God's awesome power ( think energy ) and infinite intellect ( think wisdom ).
that's Good that your are hardened against atheism.

I can also fall in to a state of unbelief to by following traditions, or arguing with atheists, I'm certain that's why lord tells us not to argue with such.

And to honour the earth by keeping it, but to also turn are backs on it some regards.

Let it be so to speak

I see energy as light and light as energy, both a living substance as such ( not thin air)
The greater the light the greater energy.

So powerful such energy can produce Gold in a star 🙂 but only because that energy is the lords light.

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
that's Good that your are hardened against atheism.

I can also fall in to a state of unbelief to by following traditions, or arguing with atheists, I'm certain that's why lord tells us not to argue with such.

And to honour the earth by keeping it, but to also turn are backs on it some regards.

Let it be so to speak

I see energy as light and light as energy, both a living substance as such ( not thin air)
The greater the light the greater energy.

So powerful such energy can produce Gold in a star 🙂 but only because that energy is the lords light.
Yes , debating can be in vain but I don't like atheists spreading lies about God's creation i have to say something, especially since i'm a amateur astronomer and an EE ( retired ) i've learned a few things in my life that i hope i can use for God's glory even if only in a small way .
Debating with atheists has no effect on my faith in God , i'm hardened remember ? : )

Someone once said " We are made from star stuff " ? Too bad he left God out of the equation though .

Physicists agree that energy and matter are interchangeable but they have their own bias as to where that energy ( or matter ) came from depending on their world view .

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Yes , debating can be in vain but I don't like atheists spreading lies about God's creation i have to say something, especially since i'm a amateur astronomer and an EE ( retired ) i've learned a few things in my life that i hope i can use for God's glory even if only in a small way .
Debating with atheists has no effect on my faith in God , i'm hardened remember ? : )

Someone once said " We are made from star stuff " ? Too bad he left God out of the equation though .

Physicists agree that energy and matter are interchangeable but they have their own bias as to where that energy ( or matter ) came from depending on their world view .
This is where scientists and physicists and atheists can use the argument to suit there agenda and push a person in a wrong direction.

I'll show you something

Zechariah 13:9 – “And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, the Lord is my God.”

As you see it's makes reference
earths foundations is a product of fire which is also a star if you can see silver and gold as part of the foundations.

I've just had a 3 day discussion about this here, I don't know what part you came in on.

I've been discussing how the earths foundation could be proven as a separate creation to earth over many many scriptures pointing in that direction, and pointing to the foundations of our earth being older than the earth.

As for earth well this is a separate matter of how old it is or how it was created.

But by all accounts there is only the understanding God created the earth at the beginning of Genesis but layed it upon the foundations.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
One more thing--since two generation went in and yes Levi was in Egypt but we cant count him because two generations went in. So I went with the second generation were all newborns at entrance to Egypt---- Day 0. And in doing so using using your data the time in Egypt would have been 353 years
Here it is. Everything you need to know regarding the absolute certainty of the 430 year sojourn. Which was 430 years to the very day.

Levi 77 years in Egypt
Amram 137 years in Egypt
Aaron 83 years in Egypt
==========================
430 years total time (FOUR GENERATIONS!)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Here it is. Everything you need to know regarding the absolute certainty of the 430 year sojourn. Which was 430 years to the very day.

Levi 77 years in Egypt
Amram 137 years in Egypt
Aaron 83 years in Egypt
Levi 77 years in Egypt
Amram 137 years in Egypt
Aaron 83 years in Egypt

Four generations of patriarchs. The sum of the TOTAL SPANS of their lives and/or length of time in Egypt is the counting methodology!

I am absolutely correct. And to presume some length of sojourn other than 430 years is......outrageous.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
In my studies I have found the world is about 6000 years old. Anyone else studied time from Adam?????
Yes if you align history and science it seems the earth is MUCH younger than previously believed.

The problem is unnatural events such as a world flood and a different atmosphere allow for incorrect formulas. For example using our current oxygen level. Did you know scientists have made ancient giant mosquitoes by doubling the oxygen? So he oxygen was much higher back then. This makes sense bc plants give off oxygen and we had such an abundance of plant life before man destroyed a lot of it.

Animals are going extinct...Not evolving. There are adaptations for survival. But there are 0 examples of 1 animal becoming another in the fossil record. In fact even young kids will tell you "how can dinosaurs turn into birds when they were reptiles." They don't. For whatever reason scientists just call every ancient unknown animal a dinosaur, but some were dinosaurs and some were birds. There are ancient pictures of dinosaurs the Inca I believe (hundreds of pictures) and they had dragon stories. Scientifically they have found dinosaur DNA. That's impossible if they're millions of years old. But like I said there's a lot of proof they're not that old.

We lose 1000s of animals and plants every year. If earth was millions of years old we wouldn't have anything left. The moon is slowly moving away from the earth at a certain speed. If earth was millions of years old the moon would be inside the earth.

Ancient Egypt would have been extremely close to the fall of man and angels. That's why they had so many giants in their pictures. They had incest to keep "the God gene" there aka fallen angels. The pyramids are aligned to the stars in a way scientists today find extremely difficult to do. Other than the fact that people were more intelligent back then (probably able to use more of their brains) they had unnatural knowledge from the fallen angels. People often discredit Christianity bc they say it'd copying ancient Egypt. But...it's actually bc the fallen angels were trying to create a heaven on earth where they were the God to be worshipped. In any case this would have to be close to the beginning of creation bc God kept trying to remove them since they were raping all our women and causing many of the genetic issues and diseases we have.

Which.... again all the diseases we have would have killed off all life in millions of years. Things get worse, not better. None the less no scientist will ever be allowed to say this. They fought the big bang theory for years bc it was too close to the story of creation. They use to believe earth had always existed and didn't have a beginning. But evolution is impossible without millions of years. Granted it's impossible with millions of years too based on observation (the scientific method for determining theories).

When I was a kid I believed in the old earth theory, dinosaurs being millions of years killed by a meteorite (even though crocodiles and other animals were fine), and evolution (people coming from apes. Even though adaptation is real. Half is true and so it's a good lie).

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yes if you align history and science it seems the earth is MUCH younger than previously believed.

The problem is unnatural events such as a world flood and a different atmosphere allow for incorrect formulas. For example using our current oxygen level. Did you know scientists have made ancient giant mosquitoes by doubling the oxygen? So he oxygen was much higher back then. This makes sense bc plants give off oxygen and we had such an abundance of plant life before man destroyed a lot of it.

Animals are going extinct...Not evolving. There are adaptations for survival. But there are 0 examples of 1 animal becoming another in the fossil record. In fact even young kids will tell you "how can dinosaurs turn into birds when they were reptiles." They don't. For whatever reason scientists just call every ancient unknown animal a dinosaur, but some were dinosaurs and some were birds. There are ancient pictures of dinosaurs the Inca I believe (hundreds of pictures) and they had dragon stories. Scientifically they have found dinosaur DNA. That's impossible if they're millions of years old. But like I said there's a lot of proof they're not that old.

We lose 1000s of animals and plants every year. If earth was millions of years old we wouldn't have anything left. The moon is slowly moving away from the earth at a certain speed. If earth was millions of years old the moon would be inside the earth.

Ancient Egypt would have been extremely close to the fall of man and angels. That's why they had so many giants in their pictures. They had incest to keep "the God gene" there aka fallen angels. The pyramids are aligned to the stars in a way scientists today find extremely difficult to do. Other than the fact that people were more intelligent back then (probably able to use more of their brains) they had unnatural knowledge from the fallen angels. People often discredit Christianity bc they say it'd copying ancient Egypt. But...it's actually bc the fallen angels were trying to create a heaven on earth where they were the God to be worshipped. In any case this would have to be close to the beginning of creation bc God kept trying to remove them since they were raping all our women and causing many of the genetic issues and diseases we have.

Which.... again all the diseases we have would have killed off all life in millions of years. Things get worse, not better. None the less no scientist will ever be allowed to say this. They fought the big bang theory for years bc it was too close to the story of creation. They use to believe earth had always existed and didn't have a beginning. But evolution is impossible without millions of years. Granted it's impossible with millions of years too based on observation (the scientific method for determining theories).

When I was a kid I believed in the old earth theory, dinosaurs being millions of years killed by a meteorite (even though crocodiles and other animals were fine), and evolution (people coming from apes. Even though adaptation is real. Half is true and so it's a good lie).
Definitely some good thoughts there......;)

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023

scientists claim the moon is moving away from the earth Not towards it friend 🙂

But the moon is it's only moving away from the earth at a rate of 3.8 cm a year, hardly nothing

Think about it but How could scientist have calculated if the earth was moving away from the earth 1000 years Ago.

And they don't know if it's moving away because of an orbital cycle. So it could start moving back soon

So this couldn't prove the age of the earth.

As for lack of plant life producing more or less oxygen because of lack of plant life, where do you think all the oxergen goes that has been produced by the earth upto now ?

Oxergen isn't flammable and the earths oceans soak a lot of it up

It hasn't left through some hole in space. It can only rise up so high because of atmospheric pressure that's why the further up you the less air there is 🙂

If any thing the earth is producing more oxergen because sea levels continue to rise.
When carbon molecules mix at the earths mantle drawn in by volcanoes 🙂

Plants when they burn that are full of oxergen, release there oxergen up into the air, and where there's been a fire the land will grow back a lot richer because of the potassium burning wood creates.

Plus more and more people are planting more trees then ever befor now so when they burn, again more oxergen 🙂 but the oxergen doesn't disappear

But the funny thing is we don't have huge animals or mosquitoes even tho theres clear indication there's more oxygen in the earth now than ever befor so the scientific theory of things being bigger on earth because there was once more oxergen on earth is incorrect and sent you in the wrong direction And it can not determine the age of the earth or it's foundations age.
As water levels continue to rise
Scientists now believe the earths mantle is producing water by its self,

Scientist also believe half of the earths oxergen comes from the oceans 🙂

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Archbishop Ussher: Flood of Noah ended 2348 BC......preposterous and incorrect.
Barry Setterfield: Abraham born 2322 BC......spot on and precisely correct.
(Keyword: "Barry Setterfield Abraham chronology".......and find out for your self).

Do you perceive a problem here......?

BTW......the Exodus occurred on 1603BC. The crossing occurred on the Gulf of Aqaba (NOT at what we now call the Red Sea), opposite Baal Zephon.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Oh yea.......forgot to mention:
-Mt. Sinai is located in north-western Saudi Arabia. NOT in the Sinai peninsula.
-The Temple Mount is actually located in the City of David (now Israeli territory). The so-called wailing wall is actually the retaining wall for the 35 acre Antonia Fortress, upon which the Islamic Mosque complex is built.