hmm Sunday paper has come in and there's a section called 'Society Insider' and has a list of 'influential people' which is basically a 'Rich List' of the people who were mentioned most in the society pages, and made the most money (in NZ)
At the top of the list is Nick Mowbray who made his money on plastic toys - Zuru is their brand name.
Apparently 'society' is just rich and powerful people with estimated 'net worths' and their spouses. Or heirs/heiresses.
So far, nobody I know! I heard that 'society' in New York City was something that was restricted to 500 people as the amount that could fit into one of the ballrooms they had their dances in.
Anyway its nothing to do with us Christians I suppose.
The only society I've ever been a part of is the SPCA
At the top of the list is Nick Mowbray who made his money on plastic toys - Zuru is their brand name.
Apparently 'society' is just rich and powerful people with estimated 'net worths' and their spouses. Or heirs/heiresses.
So far, nobody I know! I heard that 'society' in New York City was something that was restricted to 500 people as the amount that could fit into one of the ballrooms they had their dances in.
Anyway its nothing to do with us Christians I suppose.
The only society I've ever been a part of is the SPCA