Iniquity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
It is our guilt that is the enemy.
Guilt actually shows our doubt in salvation, and forgiveness. Many confess to God, but fall short of faith in His forgiveness. Guilt, therefor, is an example of iniquity.
The root of this is unbelief. Same thing goes for those who justify their sin, including those calling it "mistakes" or similar. They self deceptively being afraid of confessing sin would mean they are the children of the devil. Unbelief. And no Holy Spirit conviction.

C

cfultz3

Could this be what it is meant by these two verses:

Gen 3:5 KJV - For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:22 KJV - And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
It is interesting and something worth pondering. Would you expand on it?

To regard = to look upon with the mind.
To know = to perceive, recognize, to reveal (not an exhaustive list) .

IMO, I think to know would be discernment, while regard would be to think upon something.

God does know.....knowing good and evil = God does recognize.....recognizing good and evil

But then again, we do recognize good or evil by what we do see in our mind (thought).

I will wait on your input.

J

JLHillsSr

Re: Good Conscience

It is interesting and something worth pondering. Would you expand on it?

To regard = to look upon with the mind.
To know = to perceive, recognize, to reveal (not an exhaustive list) .

IMO, I think to know would be discernment, while regard would be to think upon something.

God does know.....knowing good and evil = God does recognize.....recognizing good and evil

But then again, we do recognize good or evil by what we do see in our mind (thought).

I will wait on your input.
If one is within the good conscience of God, He will allow us to see only what He wants us to see.

J

JLHillsSr

Re: Good Conscience

What do you mean?
We are to become Christ-like, to know good and evil.
This is why these verses exist:

Gen 1:26 KJV - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Notice it says make, not create. The plan was to make man to see as He does. This is what the Holy Spirit is here to teach us.

Gen 3:22 KJV - And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 5:1 KJV - This [is] the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

PS

Jan 11, 2013
If we take as our example the events of WW2 and the gas chambers and other terrible acts, I doubt if the perpetrator of those terrible crimes against humanity knew the difference between good and evil.

One would need to be on a higher level to be able to see the evil, but that particular person had sunk so low that what he did was perfectly acceptable in his eyes. How low can you get? Not much I don't think.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
This picture I think illustrates the human condition.
If only people would look up instead of down.

ManWithMuckRake250_zps38e46327.jpg

Last edited: