Insomnia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 25, 2023
I can't believe you're struggling so much.. Of course, I will pray for you! Have you tried talking to your doctor about it? What if you have some psycological or neurological disorder? Because it is the only reason why such things can happen. I hope you'll get better soon! I also thought I had insomnia and even bought one of the best recliners for sleeping, but luckily it went away after I started taking melatonin. I don't know if it helps you, so you should consult your doctor first. I hope you'll get better soon. Please, keep us updated!

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I've recently started taking a dropper thing from a health food store called "Relaxing Sleep" that has valerian, chamomile, etc. in it. It seems to be helping. Now it takes about an hour instead of 5 hours to fall asleep! amen! My other physical factors aside from my busy mind are: feeling WAY too hot from Spring to Fall (I can sleep much easier when it's colder like below 70), husband snoring loudly, hunger pangs which increase the later it gets, and chronic back/neck pain.
So you see falling asleep is a challenge for me! And I'm really into natural health and intermittent fasting so sleeping pills are not an option for me. I don't even like taking Ibuprofen unless the pain is almost unbearable and I have to work or be present for something.
What a huge difference! The Lord made the best medicine.
I like that combination too.
I just ran out of chamomile tea, but should put it on my shopping list.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
I've recently started taking a dropper thing from a health food store called "Relaxing Sleep" that has valerian, chamomile, etc. in it. It seems to be helping. Now it takes about an hour instead of 5 hours to fall asleep! amen! My other physical factors aside from my busy mind are: feeling WAY too hot from Spring to Fall (I can sleep much easier when it's colder like below 70), husband snoring loudly, hunger pangs which increase the later it gets, and chronic back/neck pain.
So you see falling asleep is a challenge for me! And I'm really into natural health and intermittent fasting so sleeping pills are not an option for me. I don't even like taking Ibuprofen unless the pain is almost unbearable and I have to work or be present for something.
I would encourage you to try Passionflower Herb.

I harvest it around my home, or you can grow it also. You can also find it at the health food store.

I don't like it mixed with any other herb.

It is wonderful for rest and for backache! And you don't wake up groggy.

Steenson

Mar 6, 2023
Do you have a fluorescent light in your bedroom ceiling or similar?
Get rid of it., as these confuse your melatonin clock, which will ruin your sleep.

And of course, no Laptop screen 1 hr before bed, but you said you had tried that....

also....

You said you "tried" exercise.
Do this instead.
Join a Gym, go 4x a week.
MT<>TF

You're sleep will change if you will do that consistently.
Also live an active life! Do you have an active hobby? Maybe some sort of fishing or hiking could help if you do it here and there. A lot of people I know get much better sleep entire week after trailing on weekend in their hunting clothing https://gritrsports.com/gear/hunting/hunting-clothing/ . Other guy I know can't fall asleep if he's not running like 5 miles on the evening.
Agree with this, after years of sports I just can't fall asleep without some sort of excercise anymore, just doesn't feel right.Few yearsback I had to stop my routine that I was maintaining for like 2 decades and instatly started getting insomnia, was really rough...
Not staring at your screen right before bed helps a lot too.
Audio books is a mixed bag in my opinion, on one hand it can be relaxing for some, but a whole lot of folks require complete silence to sleep. I guess gotta try it one day, maybe it helps me too :D

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I had a sleepless night last night. I decided to have a chocolate cream egg about an hour before bedtime. Sometimes we are gluttons for punishment.

I've found that a boring TV show or eBook the best way to fall asleep within minutes of laying down. I set the TV timer to 30 minutes.

Have you tried lavender or rose herbal essence oil, cbd oil, melatonin or listening to white noise (you can find it on youtube and download it with clipgrab )

I use it with mom and I all the time.

Here is the best though. Say thank you to Jehovah for all the blessings He has shared with you through out the day. I never make it to the end of the list before going off to a beautiful sleep.

Truth01

May 7, 2022
Hi. A thing to remember about insomnia is that often the insomniac may be the one keeping themselves up. Some things like cancer meds etc can cause insomnia but the general rule of thumb advice is this, when you put your head on your pillow to go to sleep, stay down.. Dont lift your head up again for any other reasons than something like going to the toilet. If you do lift your head up the first thing you will try determine is whether you are feeling sleepy or not. You will then become worried that you are not and because of this worry your body will release adrenalin. Just raising your head a couple of times from your pillow will soon have your body pumped full of adrenalin. Even a healthy ordinary person wouldn't be able to sleep with that amount of adrenalin running in their body. After an adrenalin surge it will take you longer to get to sleep. Keeping your head on your pillow and not trying to work out whether you are feeling sleepy or not makes it less likely that your body will release adrenalin and you will get to sleep faster. Even if at first it takes you four or five hours of just keeping your head on your pillow before you sleep it's good progress. The next night you may find it now only takes three hours of keeping your head on your pillow before you sleep, then the next night 2 hours,and so on. Eventually you will have trained your body and brain that after you put your head on your pillow there is absolutely nothing that happens or will ever happen afterwards and there's no need for it to remain alert or expectant of anything. Brains learn subconcious lessons fast so very soon you may find that your brain and body shut down almost as soon as you hit the pillow and the next thing you will be aware of is the sun shining through the window to welcome you into a fresh new day.