Intermediate passive aggression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I can think of someone on CC who persistently tells me I'm not a a nerd (when I myself say that I am,) but rather insists that I fit the qualifications of being a geek instead. :unsure::geek::ROFL:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I can think of someone on CC who persistently tells me I'm not a a nerd (when I myself say that I am,) but rather insists that I fit the qualifications of being a geek instead. :unsure::geek::ROFL:
Off topic! We're talking about backhand compliments, not misapplied appellations. :sneaky:

L

Live4Him2

It seems neither of you got it right in the retelling :unsure: For the record ;)
"In the retelling" of what?

The portion of scripture which we were discussing?

If so, then feel free to chime in on that thread, and tell me where you think I missed it. Just "quote" me there so I get a notification because I no longer follow that thread.

As you should recall, you recently found a mistake in something that I said elsewhere, and I sincerely thanked you for pointing it out to me.

For me, genuine correction is a GOOD THING.

That said, more often than not, I'm "corrected" with error in the place of the truth of God's word.

Anyhow, like I said, offer your assessment there (I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I might have already) after "quoting" me, and I'll certainly consider it before the Lord.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"In the retelling" of what?

The portion of scripture which we were discussing?

If so, then feel free to chime in on that thread, and tell me where you think I missed it. Just "quote" me there so I get a notification because I no longer follow that thread.

As you should recall, you recently found a mistake in something that I said elsewhere, and I sincerely thanked you for pointing it out to me.

For me, genuine correction is a GOOD THING.

That said, more often than not, I'm "corrected" with error in the place of the truth of God's word.

Anyhow, like I said, offer your assessment there after "quoting" me, and I'll certainly consider it before the Lord.
She used three quotes. You missed two of them because you can't see what the other person she quoted says.

Therefore you don't know what she was talking about. You have no context.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Pretty sure we're going to have to drop the "passive" part and go straight for the "direct" approach. :LOL:

Hahaha

Next time I find myself walking down a dark alley: "You hit pretty hard." 🤕 "For a girl." 😏😏😏

🤜😵

(edit: lol please dont hurt me... i get carried away... im my own favorite comedian)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I can think of someone on CC who persistently tells me I'm not a a nerd (when I myself say
that I am,) but rather insists that I fit the qualifications of being a geek instead. :unsure::geek::ROFL:
I did not realize there was that much of a distinction! :unsure:;):giggle:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hahaha

Next time I find myself walking down a dark alley: "You hit pretty hard." 🤕 "For a girl." 😏😏😏
🤜😵(edit: lol please dont hurt me... i get carried away... im my own favorite comic)
You talk pretty loud... for a target. :p:ROFL::love:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I did not realize there was that much of a distinction!:unsure:;):giggle:
Oh man.

We've had threads here before debating Nerd vs. Geek.

If I had the time, I would post one. Maybe sometime in the future...

L

Live4Him2

She used three quotes. You missed two of them because you can't see what the other person she quoted says.

Therefore you don't know what she was talking about. You have no context.
Okay, thanks.

Well, maybe she can just tell me in her own words because I'm not removing the other party from "ignore". He's wrongly come at me more times than just once, and I simply cannot let people like that take up my limited time here.

Again, sorry that this has gone off-track.

@Magenta feel free to pm me if you want to.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Oh man.

We've had threads here before debating Nerd vs. Geek.

If I had the time, I would post one. Maybe sometime in the future...
A link would suffice. I've found some of them! Thanks for the heads up :D

Not that I will read them right now LOL. But at least I will know
where to look if I ever wish to be further educated in this regard :)