Intermediate passive aggression

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Oh man.

I really should be doing other stuff right now, but this seems like a most urgent matter.

*Seoulsearch puts on her thread-writing cap.*

I'm gonna take dingus too then while youre thinkin.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
'diary of wimpy kid' spawned so many imitations it was hard to keep up

but I saw the latest was 'diary of a sixth grade ninja'. Not sure if thats a compliment to the sixth graders or or a back handed compliment to the ninjas

?

Do ninjas only go up to sixth grade?

O

Oblio

I think some compliments you have to take on the chin, for example, some marvels how skinny you are and they mean it as a compliment cos they themselves are ...plump. But sometimes they just want you to eat more, I dont know, however, people that do that dont usually share their food.

so not sure if its a compliment at all after that...maybe just an observation. However I dont go around observing how much people weigh and tell people what they already know eg you are fat. Which may or may not be a compliment just as being skinny is. Or how about wow you are the right size for you.

Just seems a bit redundant.
I used to be skinny...I guess I'm now kinda fluffy! Oh well, at least I'm not pushing up wheat for the hungry! Lol

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Do ninjas only go up to sixth grade?

It is a dangerous profession. I actually have experience myself but also had to weigh the risks and rewards around middle school.

I've since put that life behind me.

I'll tell you what though, I was crazy fast for a chubby kid.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
there was dork diaries

which was insanely popular amongst girls

The mean girl Mackenzie was always talking trash to the heroine Nikki and putting her down

But when Nikki tries to get her own back, by saying stuff to her face like shes so evil, all Mackenzie says is 'You say it like its a bad thing'

well, there always has to be a villain in a story I suppose.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
However, Nikki owns being a dork..at the end of every book she writes 'I am such a dork'

so yea. Why tell ppl what they already know

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
on that note, was it a compliment to Jesus that people called him King of the Jews or a backhanded insult?

I think he preferred 'son of man'

J

JAPOV

I wonder....
Are women, especially attractive women who are complimented all the time, more sensitive to "backhanded compliments"?
I hope I don't seem sexist... but, from my perspective, men seem to be far to aggressive to have this problem.
Is this really just a "catty", vain, female thing?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I wonder....
Are women, especially attractive women who are complimented all the time, more sensitive to "backhanded compliments"?
I hope I don't seem sexist... but, from my perspective, men seem to be far to aggressive to have this problem.
Is this really just a "catty", vain, female thing?
Nah. Words have meaning and even if you don't intend for something to be a part of your message, your words may imply more than one thing.

I think this is more about perception and the english language than biology or gender.🤣

I remember in my teens and early 20's when people would say I was mature for my age, and it felt like more of a reminder that I am young than a compliment.

Not really a "back handed compliment" or an insult, but something that felt unpleasant to young me even if they wanted to be nice.

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
I think women are more prone to dishing out backhanded compliments than men. Whenever you get one it’s difficult to know exactly what that person meant before she’s huddled back to wherever she came from. Some women have stocked up a couple of backhanded compliments at the ready whenever attending social events in case she, she or she crawls out from the woodwork to ruin the party. This way you can just return the backhanded compliment you’ve been offered without even contemplating on what she meant. 😁

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That sounds like WAY too much planning and stress. Glad I'm a guy.

Wait... I know a lot of girls who don't do that. And I know some guys who ARE rather good at it. Never mind.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"In the retelling" of what?

The portion of scripture which we were discussing?

If so, then feel free to chime in on that thread, and tell me where you think I missed it. Just "quote" me there so I get a notification because I no longer follow that thread.

As you should recall, you recently found a mistake in something that I said elsewhere, and I sincerely thanked you for pointing it out to me.

For me, genuine correction is a GOOD THING.

That said, more often than not, I'm "corrected" with error in the place of the truth of God's word.

Anyhow, like I said, offer your assessment there (I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I might have already) after "quoting" me, and I'll certainly consider it before the Lord.
Quoting this post to get your attention, so I can show you this screen capture:

Screenshot from 2022-04-13 17-15-10.png

Now you know... The rest of the story, as Paul Harvey used to say. ;)

L

Live4Him2

Quoting this post to get your attention, so I can show you this screen capture:

View attachment 238825

Now you know... The rest of the story, as Paul Harvey used to say. ;)
Thanks.

I appreciate it.

In any case, I'm no type of deceiver at all, and God, the true judge, is well aware of that, and his is the only judgment which will matter in the end.

Anyhow, I'm done with the forums.

Hope to see you all on the other side someday.

Farewell.

J

JAPOV

Oh man.

We've had threads here before debating Nerd vs. Geek.

If I had the time, I would post one. Maybe sometime in the future...
I like geeks and nerds... They always remind me that, without tolerance and kind understanding, such attributes would be wasted.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Thanks.

I appreciate it.

In any case, I'm no type of deceiver at all, and God, the true judge, is well aware of that, and his is the only judgment which will matter in the end.

Anyhow, I'm done with the forums.

Hope to see you all on the other side someday.

Farewell.
We'll see you soon enough here as someone else.