Intimidated by possessed/oppressed people

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lora7

I usually can discern somebody with heavier demonic influence, and I usually act around them as normal as I do with anybody. But I've met 2 persons where as soon as one comes into room I have this dry throat feeling, suddenly I can't say even simple sentences and my mind goes blank and I cant even hold a simple conversation with them.I start rumbling words etc. Usually I can talk and talk whatever pops in my mind. But with these ones I kinda have to force myself to say even" what a nice weather today". What Is That?!? I thought God's power is bigger than Devils, obviously, so why suddenly they have such power over me and I cant be who I am? Or my faith is somehow smaller than their possessed power? How are Your experience with this?

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I usually can discern somebody with heavier demonic influence, and I usually act around them as normal as I do with anybody. But I've met 2 persons where as soon as one comes into room I have this dry throat feeling, suddenly I can't say even simple sentences and my mind goes blank and I cant even hold a simple conversation with them.I start rumbling words etc. Usually I can talk and talk whatever pops in my mind. But with these ones I kinda have to force myself to say even" what a nice weather today". What Is That?!? I thought God's power is bigger than Devils, obviously, so why suddenly they have such power over me and I cant be who I am? Or my faith is somehow smaller than their possessed power? How are Your experience with this?
Just a little something to know, but what you focus most on is what you give power to. Instead of focusing on what you see focus on Truth, God is greater than any challenge, but for you to really walk in that truth, your perspective needs to change.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I have no particular experience with that kind of situation, though I've had dreams somewhat similar. May I suggest that you start by simply saying, "Jesus!" :)

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Sounds like you watch too much Hollywood garbage.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
God does not want us to be intimidated by anything demonic. When you are, you are inadvertently yielding power or reverence to it. You need not be rattled by such entities; "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4). No need to be intimidated by something you don't respect. You might also question your judgement, maybe these 2 people aren't in fact demonically possessed. How would you know?

Last edited:

Kaylyn

Jan 3, 2018
I have come up against a handful of people in my 54 years that I knew without a doubt they had a demon. It was unmistakable. Their presences were so dark and so overwhelming that I immediately went to God. I put on the full armor, every piece of it. One man was attacking God and me so smooth and taking the Bible and using God's Word twisted and dripping with sarcasm. Finally I called it what it was. I said, "You have a demon and worship satan." He continued with smooth twisting of God's Word and I said, "Fiery arrows deflected by my shield of faith." I continued that and using God's armor and He went away, just like God promised.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
I have come up against a handful of people in my 54 years that I knew without a doubt they had a demon. It was unmistakable. Their presences were so dark and so overwhelming that I immediately went to God. I put on the full armor, every piece of it. One man was attacking God and me so smooth and taking the Bible and using God's Word twisted and dripping with sarcasm. Finally I called it what it was. I said, "You have a demon and worship satan." He continued with smooth twisting of God's Word and I said, "Fiery arrows deflected by my shield of faith." I continued that and using God's armor and He went away, just like God promised.
Based on what you posted in your "Anger Management" thread,
you need to be casting the beam out of your own eye
before you go pointing out the mote in someone else's.

Jan 12, 2018
I assure you, they don't have power over you.

Sep 3, 2016
Whenever Satan moves against you, he always moves in the realm of death, because "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). And even if Satan doesn't kill you physically, he wants to ruin you spiritually. He wants you to live in the sphere of death.

For who is powerful enough to enter the house of a strong man like Satan and plunder his goods? Only someone even stronger--someone who could tie him up and then plunder his house. Matthew 12:29 NLT

Jesus gave His disciples dunamis (power), exousia (spiritual authority) and kratos (dominion, strength, power). God gave Jesus this anointing and Jesus has given it to us (followers that are His disciples).

Dunamis heals the soul and body where it has been wounded by sickness, disease, trauma, and all infirmities. It also deals with all miracles. Dunamis means "excellent of soul."Philippians 3:10, Romans 8:11 NIV

Exousia deals with commanding all demonic forces to leave that have put a person in bondage and strongholds from their sins or however they got permission to afflict you. It gives spiritual authority to the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to bind and loose in Heaven and Earth - Mark 16:17. However you must always begin with the blood of Jesus and repent and confess your sins. The blood atones for every sin known and unknown. Your soul must not have anything in common with Satan (strong men) and his demons. John 14:30 AMPC

Kratos gives you dominion (jurisdiction). I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.
Joshua 1:3 NIV

Unbelief hinders spiritual authority. Never change the theology of the bible to accommodate something that did not happen based on the way you want it to do and the way you want it to be. Because Gods word is true and every man is a liar. Authority can never be released in silence. The bible says, “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” The whole idea and reason why the Devil want the Christian believers to keep their mouth shut is because if you don’t speak, spirits don’t leave.

Last edited:

Kaylyn

Jan 3, 2018
Based on what you posted in your "Anger Management" thread,
you need to be casting the beam out of your own eye
before you go pointing out the mote in someone else's.
I respect your reply and maybe I didn't make myself clear. At no time am I without sin but I don't have a demon, I have a problem that needs fixing. This person I was confronted with was as dark as dark can be. I mean dark in his spirit. God made it very clear who and what this person was. It may be something that you have to experience yourself before you can fully appreciate someone's account of it.