"Introducing...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Well-known member
Feb 22, 2021
4,123
2,758
113
Midwest
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle ​
of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:" (Rom 11:13)​
​
"...the apostle Paul...

...in this study we are going to give consideration to Paul’s introduction to
his epistle to the Galatians, where he wrote:

“Paul, an apostle, ( not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, ​
and God the Father, Who Raised Him from the dead; )”​
​
Now if you’re familiar with Paul’s epistles, you know that he didn’t always
introduce himself as an apostle...

...the Corinthians were doubting his apostleship, or Paul wouldn’t have had
to write them things like:

“Am I not an apostle?...If I be not an apostle unto others,​
yet doubtless I am to you” (1 Cor. 9:1,2). ​

“Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you...”​
(2 Cor. 12:12)...​
"
(R Kurth)

FULL study:
Introducing the apostle Paul
--------------------
Apparently some think I am in the wrong group, but have yet to Scripturally
advise
me as to "which" group is the Right one; is it?:

1) The one that follows the apostle Peter? or:

2) The ones that follow the Twelve apostles, with Matthias??
Disregarding Paul... or:​
​
3) The ones that follow the Twelve apostles, without Matthias, but
with Paul??? or:

4) The ones that follow THIRTEEN apostles, homogenizing 2 and 3
(and all their doctrines)???? Confusion... ​
​
5) a modern-day-so-called 'apostle' that has not "the signs of an apostle"?????

What Saith The Scriptures?:
​
1Ti 1:16 "Howbeit for this cause I Obtained Mercy, that in me first ​
Jesus Christ might shew forth all Longsuffering, for a Pattern to ​
them which should hereafter believe on Him to Life Everlasting."​
​
1Co_11:1 "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."​
​
Eph_5:1 "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;" ​
​
Thus, the Scriptural Grace group to which I am committed is:

The Apostle Paul, to whom was committed The Greatest
Revelation of all time: “The Mystery”... (Rom - Phm)!

All Praise and Thanks Be Unto The LORD Jesus Christ!!

you, Precious friends?

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II)!
 
Paul also talks about the concept of not elevating yourself to a status and instead allowing others to invite you into that seat. By showing humility, he is allowing the audience to accept in their hearts first that he is rightly an apostle rather than thrusting the ethos of the title on them.

Paul is indeed an apostle.