Irrelevant spam in the news forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I've noticed there are individuals who like to spam the news. With irrelevant hyperbolic nonsense that is not really news. A good rule of thumb would be if you can't provide a link then is not news

Dec 19, 2009
I've noticed there are individuals who like to spam the news. With irrelevant hyperbolic nonsense that is not really news. A good rule of thumb would be if you can't provide a link then is not news
Can't provide a link, then it's not news? So if Adolph Hitler is killing all the Jews in Europe, we can't mention that here unless we have a link?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Ummmmmmmmmm, Adolph Hitler died eons ago.. :confused: LOL

Can't provide a link, then it's not news? So if Adolph Hitler is killing all the Jews in Europe, we can't mention that here unless we have a link?

S

sevenseas

baloney...;)

Dec 19, 2009
Ummmmmmmmmm, Adolph Hitler died eons ago.. :confused: LOL
That is not happening now as he is dead..... here is a link for you....Adolf Hitler commits suicide - Apr 30, 1945 - HISTORY.com
If you want a more modern example, I'll give you one. I heard on the news, late in Obama's presidency, that Obama was threatening to withhold funds from schools that wouldn't force girls to shower with boys who wanted to be girls. I can think of few things sicker than this. The whole world should be made to know what Obama was trying to do. Are you suggesting that on this website, we keep quiet about news like this unless we can find a link?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
JL and I haven't said anything about not providing news unless we have a link.. Chill out. :)

If you want a more modern example, I'll give you one. I heard on the news, late in Obama's presidency, that Obama was threatening to withhold funds from schools that wouldn't force girls to shower with boys who wanted to be girls. I can think of few things sicker than this. The whole world should be made to know what Obama was trying to do. Are you suggesting that on this website, we keep quiet about news like this unless we can find a link?

S

sevenseas

anyway, irrelevant spam indicates there is relevant spam

must be relevant to someone :confused::rolleyes::p

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Hitler is history
Not news.
what I'm getting at here essentially is when people turn the news feed into their own personal blog then it ceases to be a news feed

U

Ugly

But neither of you was satisfied with my Hitler example, so I assumed you wanted something more current.
The intent of the OP was obvious. Why bringing in the typical BDF argumentative rhetoric in I'm not sure.

Dec 19, 2009
a no spamming rule would not be unreasonable.
Maybe limit people to one or two posts per day
Limit people to two posts a day? Do you mean limit people to one or two new threads a day? If you limited people to two posts a day, I think most of us would leave. I'd use up my two posts greeting people in the new members forum.

I'm not sure it's wise to limit people to two new threads. The Lord wants to do his work here, so if you limit a person to two new threads, you also are telling the Lord he can only use people twice a day.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Not really interested in seeing one member turn the news feed into their own personal blog.

Dec 19, 2009
Not really interested in seeing one member turn the news feed into their own personal blog.
If someone is burying us with threads, that would be a problem. However, sometimes a person is troubled about something and needs more than two threads to get it out. I think one shouldn't be quick to create rules. I would attribute much of the success of this website to the freedom we have to express ourselves.