Is a capital H for Him really necessary when talking about God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Although I think God Our Father knows our worship and love in any word we give unto him. I see the respect in writting being not just our reverance but a witness to others of his greatness.
God bless, pickles
Exactly! When I am writing about Him, I cannot help the feeling in my heart and mind about just how great He is. And when I write about His love, I always have to pause, because His love, just even thinking about it, makes me to stop and let deep and reverent praise rise from inside me.

How could I just write a word that points to Him without doing some little thing to say how wonderful He is? To my mind it is a wonder that I do not do this:

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, but that takes longer than when I was typing with one finger on the wrong hand.

Blessings in His Name,
vic

C

crazyfairy

i think it is necessary...it shows respect for God...

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
When you consider how children write, and then remember what Jesus said about being like children to enter heaven.
I think God Our Father is pleased just to know we speak and write about him.
God bless, pickles
Greetings Pickles! I saw you changed your avatar, so I figured I would change mine. What do you think?

Quest

Feb 27, 2007
I love your avatar & I prayed for you Quest. Bless your heart as you attend service. My son is sick today so I have to do tv church. I attended Baptist church for many years and quite liked it. Now I attend a nondenominational service that yes, has biblical sermons and people coming to the Lord weekly. Thats what I missed with the Baptist Church I attended, they rarely did alter calls. Not all churches are alike though & I praise the Lord every time I see a person come to the front to receive the Lord. The Lord validated that I belong in Christs church and not at home when he placed a stranger upon my heart at the first service I attended at that church. I didnt know why. I told him the Lord placed him upon my heart & does he mind if I pray he seemed uncomfortable but said yes. a couple weeks later at intermission i asked how things were going ( i didnt know why i was praying) he said honestly really terrible. I said to him I'm sorry, just know that i've been praying for you and I will absolutely continue. At the end of that service he was standing in front with tears of release streaming down his face. What a gift! For awile I misunderstood and thought this was his conversion but it turns out he's been a believer for a few years. So I guess I still havent witnessed one I prayed for come to the Lord but I'll keep praying until each of those prayers is answered as the Lord is working in peoples lives.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
I love your avatar & I prayed for you Quest. Bless your heart as you attend service. My son is sick today so I have to do tv church. I attended Baptist church for many years and quite liked it. Now I attend a nondenominational service that yes, has biblical sermons and people coming to the Lord weekly. Thats what I missed with the Baptist Church I attended, they rarely did alter calls. Not all churches are alike though & I praise the Lord every time I see a person come to the front to receive the Lord. The Lord validated that I belong in Christs church and not at home when he placed a stranger upon my heart at the first service I attended at that church. I didnt know why. I told him the Lord placed him upon my heart & does he mind if I pray he seemed uncomfortable but said yes. a couple weeks later at intermission i asked how things were going ( i didnt know why i was praying) he said honestly really terrible. I said to him I'm sorry, just know that i've been praying for you and I will absolutely continue. At the end of that service he was standing in front with tears of release streaming down his face. What a gift! For awile I misunderstood and thought this was his conversion but it turns out he's been a believer for a few years. So I guess I still havent witnessed one I prayed for come to the Lord but I'll keep praying until each of those prayers is answered as the Lord is working in peoples lives.
Thanks. I searched for an "I love Imoss" avatar but I couldn't find one.

Oh, so sorry that you can't go today!

How do you know that God placed him on your heart? What did that feel like?

That's an awesome story! Perhaps he needed prayer so he could understand God's grace (forgiveness and acceptance)?

Thanks for your prayer!!!

Quest

Feb 27, 2007
When I looked upon this individual his name is Willy by the way (i was up in the balcony where my hubby is comfortable cause he has a very bad back & can stand) Anyway when I looked upon him I felt the love that I feel for my sons but X100 plus great sorrow & compassion all at the same time for this man, this has happened a few times. It is overwhelming. I talk to him but i can see he does try to avoid me. I know he thinks i'm one of those in your face pushy people who is going to pressure him, I just sence this. I dont let him avoid me, I just go and greet him and we chat with my hubby & too. Theres a reason the Lord placed him upon my heart and I will continue in prayer for him. I also have a few people online who the Lord placed upon my heart. One is the banned zavok... I have his real name and i continue in prayer for his salvation.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Greetings Pickles! I saw you changed your avatar, so I figured I would change mine. What do you think?

Quest
I love it! Although Im not sure f I should worry or just say how sweet. ;)
I want that cup!:D
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praise God! a wonderful story.
Imoss, I have had some where it was many years later. The important thing is that they heard his word.
Ill share a line from a prayer I wrote: the path ahead I cannot see. Nor the job when it is done, but if I stay within your love, Ill know that Ive begun!
I hope your son is doing better, Im saying a prayer for both of you.
God bless pickles

May 21, 2009
I like to H but I haven't turned it into a law.