Is all 66 Books Bible the infallible, inerrant Word of God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is all 66 Books Bible the infallible, inerrant Word of God?

• Total voters

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
And yet, there are many on here who love correcting it...just saying.
One of your favourite pro-KJV arguments is based on a text that the KJV translators "corrected".

Do I need to point out the blatant hypocrisy?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
One of your favourite pro-KJV arguments is based on a text that the KJV translators "corrected".

Do I need to point out the blatant hypocrisy?
Purified seven times. The KJV was seventh in line...;)

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I can't answer your question/poll accurately according to my understanding, because my answer would maybe, some is some isn't. It's not so important that the bible God gave us in all "God Inspired" word for word or rather inerrant/infallible. What is important is the Word that God gave us TRUE! If it is True, then you can trust what it says and that's how you know that salvation through Jesus Christ alone is trustworthy.

When the Apostle Paul said scripture is God breathed, I doubt he had his letters or any new testament writer in mind. Paul never claims that his writings are inerrant or infallible nor does any other new testament writer. That said, I surely don't mean that Paul and other authors weren't "God Inspired" or parts of it "inerrant", I believe what John wrote is exactly what Jesus told him to write. Revelations would hold more weight to being infallible and God dictated.

Also, Paul did correct an error that he wrote in one of his letters regarding who he had and had not baptized (don't have time to get into that, maybe later). This would indicate to me that not all of bible is inerrant/infallible.

L

Locoponydirtman

Purified seven times. The KJV was seventh in line...;)
The King James is the 10th English Bible. The Geneva Bible would be 7th.

Wycliffe, Tyndale, Coverdale, Matthew, Great, Taverner, Geneva, Bishops', Douay-Rheims, and King James; respectively and in order = ten English Bibles.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Wycliffe, Tyndale, Coverdale, Matthew, Great, Taverner, Geneva, Bishops', Douay-Rheims, and King James; respectively and in order = ten English Bibles.
The seven English versions that make the English Bibles up to and including the Authorized Version fit the description in Psalm 12:6 of the words of the Lord being "purified seven times" are Tyndale's, Matthew's, Coverdale's, the Great Bible (printed by Whitechurch), the Geneva Bible, the Bishops' Bible, and the King James Bible.

The Wycliffe, Taverner, and Douay-Rheims Bibles, whatever merits any of them may have, are not part of the purified line God "authorized," of which the King James Authorized Version is God's last one -- purified seven times.

L

Locoponydirtman

The seven English versions that make the English Bibles up to and including the Authorized Version fit the description in Psalm 12:6 of the words of the Lord being "purified seven times" are Tyndale's, Matthew's, Coverdale's, the Great Bible (printed by Whitechurch), the Geneva Bible, the Bishops' Bible, and the King James Bible.

The Wycliffe, Taverner, and Douay-Rheims Bibles, whatever merits any of them may have, are not part of the purified line God "authorized," of which the King James Authorized Version is God's last one -- purified seven times.
You don't get to just throw out 3 Bible translations to force history to fit your narrative.

L

Locoponydirtman

If we are going to miss apply Psalms in such a way, the Geneva Bible is the 7th and thus the Holy Bible. Which would make the King James what it is, a translation to appease the papists because the Geneva pointed out the failing of popery in it's margin notes.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
There is absolute proof that the Bible is the word of God! In the Torah there are many codes. Here is a file I keep about them.

The books I have are:
The Bible Code
263 pages
Bible Code II the Countdown
291 pages
Both by Michael Drosnin

Bible Prophecy Proved Through The Mysterious Bible Codes
192 pages
By Grant R. Jeffrey

In these books the awesome foreknowledge of God is proven. A Bible Code is found in the Old Testament by starting with an original language text starting with a letter and using an interval counting forwards or backwards finding a message. In the Torah 20th century mens names with birth and death dates were found. In 2 messianic scriptures the name of Jesus with "it is he" and the 11 names of his disciples with the name of the one replacing Judas listed. Only 11 because 2 had the same name. Many other codes were found.

God caused the authors of those books write them with those codes embedded. Thus proving they were authored by God.

The first codes were found by rabbis looking at the beginning of the 5 books of the Torah. 4 had one word while the fifth had a different word. This caused the Israeli Institute similar to MIT in the US to have some some programing students create a software program to search the books of the Old Testament for more codes book by book. They released the program for anyone who wanted it. Thus the above books about the codes were created.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Facepalm.jpg

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Funny how 100% have voted yes, but ask where it’s at...crickets.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017

I dare anyone to read the Wycliffe Bible!! 1395 English. Commonly called Middle English!! Over 700 years ago.