Is anyone planning to fast anytime soon?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
One of the children asked if i wanted to fast this week, as is the custom early in the year in the church he goes to now. Although our church has weekly prayer meetings, fasting is not one regular devotional activity we do, and i would like to again after quite a while. I'd like it to be glorifying to the Lord, and for the purpose(s) He leads to. Will you pray with me that those who commit to do so do in faith and love for the Lord, humbly, and for His people who so need our fasting and praying. Also that those who have a mustard seed of faith and have wanted to do this can start to, for our families, and cc family who need, incl. demi's mom, loverofjesus, soc, maniastar, and all the rest i cannot mention now, and who do not post their prayer requests but have such burdens in their hearts.

There'd be many distractions and arrows from the enemy, but let that not stop us from going a step from glory to glory, in obeying what our Lord is asking us to do for Him. Thank you everyone.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Proverbs 3:5-6

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
It wouldn't be wise for me to fast from food..

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless mar09 and this prayer. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Planning is the operative word.
Fasting and prayer is powerful and does deliver results.

And when I have pressing need or family or another person
have a suffering worth fasting and prayer yes I will do it.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Thanks to all who passed by the thread and said a prayer too. First day was fine.. i am grateful for the booklet, a practical guide to fasting from Every Nation. And am reminded of the song, Pass me not, O gentle Savior. I've not fasted for a long time, and glad for the reminder, for the opportunity to start again. Also that we have options, Blue. Some ppl fast with as Water only, liquid only, one meal only... and as i asked son early yest., he said he's fasting from games for the week, aside from some meals! You dont know how my heart leapt, because seeing him on a game early some mornings can really put great resentment in my heart, no matter how better or strategic their game is to chess as theyve long tried to justify... It is the Spirit of God who convicts us, and no talk from me. I pray the Lord lead them some more, and others so asking, seeking, and knocking.

Let me this short paragraph from their booklet: Why Fast? Fasting is a spiritual tool God uses to advance His kingdom, change the destiny of nations, spark revival, and bring victory in people's lives. Every Nation begins each new year with 5 days of prayer and fasting to humble ourselves before God, consecrate ourselves to Him for the upcoming year, and corporately agree for breakthroughs.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I read this thread title without my glasses, and I thought it said,
"Are you planning to fat."

Gosh, I'm not "planning" to fat...
but I guess it could happen.

Feb 28, 2016
Mar,

you are so very sweet and kind! 'fasting' is a very personal thing, and our Father in Heaven
will always put it upon our hearts when and if we have a need to - it can come to us in a moment,
or we may be led, along and along until it is the right time. but, all 'fasts' are different, for they are
always for different reasons and our Lord Jesus knows our 'limits' in each and every situation...
Trust Him and don't try and reason it our for yourself, for if your HEART is TRUE, He will lead in
each and every situation, every time: it may be for an hour or any other times, but it will
always be a wonderful thing, IF we obey as we are convicted and led to do it for
Him/others for His reasons...Discernment and desire to obey are the 'KEY'...

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Yes, it is a very personal thing... I appreciate, and thank you for the comments and prayrs. Asking and expecting breakthroughs, i am inviting others still, as well as thanking the Lord again for how He allows to taste and see how Good He is. Maybe one time He will allow to share some more of what He is doing. God bless all.