Is bad to not want children?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I know it’s like how God populates the world and kids raised by Christian parents are a good thing for possible future believers but...do I HAVE to have kids? Is it ok that I don’t want any?

I have a coworker who was talking about her daughter giving her grand babies and that when someone else hadn’t it was like the kid OWED them grandchildren. Like really?

I know it’s a millennial thing but am I alone here? Am I wrong in my attitude?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
My opinion is that there are already far too many babies/ children on this earth. And in these last days, we certainly don't need anymore of them..

But no, our children are NOT obligated to give us grandchildren. And if more people used protection, there wouldn't be so many babies being born every day..

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Of course our children dont owe us grandchildren , thats just ridiculous thinking

But they sure are a joy when we get them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i don't think it's bad to not want children.

when i was younger, i wanted children. when i was 30, i got really depressed because i was nowhere near getting married, which meant not having children. the Lord helped me through that patch, and eventually, i was ok with not getting married and not having children.

now that i'm married, husband and i decided that if God wants us to have children, it will happen.

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Is it wrong not to want to have children? No...... but it is wrong to have children and not want them. Many of these children grow up "on the street" and later just add to the crime rate because they know no better.
If there were more loving parents in the world, we would certainly have far less crime...amen!

presidente

May 29, 2013
God told Adam and Eve to multiply. Two is replacement. Three or more is multiply.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Also, if you are going to get married and have sex, then you should realize that having children is a possiblity. If your wife gets pregnant, you aren't going to kill the baby are you? If not, then you need to be open to having children if you get married.

Also, some women go into marriage wanting babies. Other women go into marriage telling a man they don't want children when they secretly do--which doesn't make sense, but maybe they get desperate for a man. Other women change their mind when the clock starts to click a little louder or they see or hold a baby and the instict kicks in.

A good way to look at it is she's got a right to have a baby if possible, and a right to change her mind. If you marry, multiplying comes with the territory. I was never against having kids, but it was not a big longing for me when I was younger. But I sure am glad we had our kids. Having kids can be challenging, but in the baby stage, she's got the bigger burden to bear-- childbirth and nursing the baby. So if she's up for the challenge, surely you can do your part-- a few hours sleep for a night for who knows how long, and supporting a larger family. And Jesus taught the Lord provides for us if we seek God's kingdom first, so that's not that big of a deal. Then you have family when you get older--more people to love.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I know it’s like how God populates the world and kids raised by Christian parents are a good thing for possible future believers but...do I HAVE to have kids? Is it ok that I don’t want any?

I have a coworker who was talking about her daughter giving her grand babies and that when someone else hadn’t it was like the kid OWED them grandchildren. Like really?

It's not a "millennial thing" to not want children. It's not exactly a new idea that a come around in recent years.
A persons reason for not wanting kids can vary as well.
Outside of some kind of cultural or familial pressure I don't know where the notion of having kids is somehow required. Plenty of people never have kids. Been that way for... millennia.:LOL:

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I will not lie I’m terrified of the pain of childbirth or having a c section. It scares me quite a bit.

Sep 13, 2018

By no means , their are so many people in this life having children ( because that is what was expected of them.) that had no business having them... or having them.. I totally agree..

Nov 26, 2012
It is my observation that we are all brainwashed into doing most of what we do. Often the girls first play thing is a doll. Then they mimic their mother perpetuating the cycle. When biological urges ensue, they know just what to do. In recent generations that cycle is broken, males and females are in turmoil with lessons taught from parents, then peers, society and faith. They throw all of these factors into a cognitive smoothy and the product is one skrewed up mess that only the Author of Creation can remedy.

First, most people’s natural biology will urge them for reproduction. God has placed fail safes into this for population control. Society has bipassed these safeties with eliminating natural selection.

Second, I love my kids but feel I have done them a disservice by bringing them into this world. Not only have I tied my hands by occupying time I could have dedicated for his service. I gave Satan more targets and potentially assistants. It’s a personal choice that saves us and my concern that they make the right choice is perpetual stress.

If given the choice again, even with all of the joy they brought me, and lessons they taught me, I would abstain. My temporary happiness is not worth the potential of my involvement in creating people that may one day cause others to sin on their path away from salvation.

Sorry this is long, but one more thing. I guess serving God today with children, is like buying more stuff to declutter your house.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Second, I love my kids but feel I have done them a disservice by bringing them into this world. Not only have I tied my hands by occupying time I could have dedicated for his service. I gave Satan more targets and potentially assistants. It’s a personal choice that saves us and my concern that they make the right choice is perpetual stress.

If given the choice again, even with all of the joy they brought me, and lessons they taught me, I would abstain. My temporary happiness is not worth the potential of my involvement in creating people that may one day cause others to sin on their path away from salvation.
If you could go back in time, keep your parents from marrying and getting together, and prevent yourself from existing so you could not be a target for Satan, would you?

G

Gracie_14

I will not lie I’m terrified of the pain of childbirth or having a c section. It scares me quite a bit.
Is that the reason why you don't want kids? :) Have you heard of natural birth methods?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
My opinion is that there are already far too many babies/ children on this earth. And in these last days, we certainly don't need anymore of them..

But no, our children are NOT obligated to give us grandchildren. And if more people used protection, there wouldn't be so many babies being born every day..
Why do you disagree with this, Gracie?

G

Gracie_14

Why do you disagree with this, Gracie?
The first sentence, Blue... My opinion is that there are already far too many babies/ children on this earth. And in these last days, we certainly don't need anymore of them..

I know it's your opinion but I don't agree..... i mean, really? far too many? do you believe in overpopulation?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The first sentence, Blue... My opinion is that there are already far too many babies/ children on this earth. And in these last days, we certainly don't need anymore of them..

I know it's your opinion but I don't agree..... i mean, really? far too many? do you believe in overpopulation?

Gracie, this earth is already over-populated. Babies are born (and aborted) every day.. many are given up for adoption, some sold into sex trafficking as they get to be teenagers. All ppl care about these days is getting their nut off, and not using protection.. so yes, there ARE too many babies already.