Is bad to not want children?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
If you are a responsible and caring person, you should also be able to be a good mother. As to the adoption process, there would be ways to expedite matters. Where there's a will there's a way.
Especially if it's God's willšŸ˜šŸ‘Œ

Mar 28, 2016
I know itā€™s like how God populates the world and kids raised by Christian parents are a good thing for possible future believers but...do I HAVE to have kids? Is it ok that I donā€™t want any?

I have a coworker who was talking about her daughter giving her grand babies and that when someone else hadnā€™t it was like the kid OWED them grandchildren. Like really?

I know itā€™s a millennial thing but am I alone here? Am I wrong in my attitude?
Sounds like the accuser of the brethren day and night 24 hours . As it is written makes him flee.

Children are a gift from the lord. Not one child born is not of his doing. Flesh seen birth to flesh Spirit birth not seen to spirit. But there are different kinds of gifts that take different kinds of work . It in one sense recommended better to not have married free from the loving burden of children to spend time with the lord . Like with Mary and Martha both needed again worshiping the better choice.

Perhaps a eunuch (not literal) with no burning desire to get physical and multiply. . working in a orphanage ? Or offering the gospel?

Matthew 19:1 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Changing the status of marriage was all the help needed to make the purpose of marriage and bearing children without effect. This came as a oral tradition of Obama the religious ruler of this free country . It brought a damaging blow to the witness of God. Opening the way for the millennial thing . The removal of genders as if the kingdom of God has come. No more male nor female, Jew nor gentile.

I would think like marriage every man has his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.1 Corinthians 7:7-8

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Forgive me but your reasoning is very hard to follow. Youā€™re saying if youā€™re not willing to have kids then donā€™t get married???

The verses you have there kinda seem a bit not totally related to what I was asking.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
maybe that poster meant just for him.
IF his wife turned out to be infertile I wonder if he would throw her over, some women cant bear children its actually very taxing on your body, many women suffer post natal depression more than people realise because its not often reported, and cant cope simply cos their body is exhausted.

another is stillbirth or miscarriage. A husband does not have to go through what a pregnant woman goes through. I also notice more MEN abandoning their own children than women. Many just up and leave. I find that sad and disheartening for the abandoned wife and children. worse is when these men who are supoosed to be dads and husbands father other children with some else. so was the first family a mistake?

L

Locoponydirtman

I think anyone who don't want kids should be beaten with wet noodles
And anyone who wants children should have to use a rubber cheese grater.

Victor1999

Jul 8, 2019
I think it depends on why you don't want children, if it's so you have more time for yourself then it's selfish and bad, but there are some understandable reasons why some people don't want children.