Is baptism required for salvation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2009
sorry Baptiste, I must have missed this you said 1 week ago:

If they can discern between right and wrong, they are accountable. A kid can be 4 and know that. The "age of understanding" to me only covers those in innocence, who can't judge between right and wrong, and some kids know right and wrong at a very early age. And as I said, there is no proof to prove the claim of infant baptism, interpreting scripture with scripture (which we're supposed to do) disproves it. It's pulling a doctrine from a misunderstanding of a verse. Infant baptism is one of the most evil doctrines there is, I know ALOT of people who think that by being baptized as an infant they are saved and on their way to heaven. That is heresy. Show me an example on the book of Acts that clearly shows someone being baptized into the church before salvation, and do not use the whole family of the Philippian Jailers, because that's not what it's saying.

Infant baptism is one of the most evil doctrines there is,
No I wouldn't say that. All the reformers believed in infant baptism. Luther, Calvin, Zwingli? (is that the name).. and disputed with the anabaptists that infants could not be baptised. These reformers who gave us such things as salvation by grace alone, faith alone..they were so wrong about infant baptism?

I know ALOT of people who think that by being baptized as an infant they are saved and on their way to heaven
IF they are a believer in Christ then they most certainly are.

Status
Not open for further replies.