Is being slain in the Spirit Biblical?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 13, 2011
32. Despite the dispensationalists’ commitment to the non-contradictory integrity of Scripture, their holding to both a convoluted form of literalism and separate and distinct dispensations produces a dialectical tension between the “last trumpet” of 1 Cor. 15:51-53, which is held to be the signal for the Rapture at the end of the Church Age, and the trumpet in Matt. 24:31, which gathers elect Jews out of the Tribulation at the Second Coming (Walvoord). Dispensationalists, who allegedly are ‘literalists,’ posit that this latter trumpet is seven years after the “last” trumpet

http://againstdispensationalism.com/95-theses/
Truth Or Tradition - 1 Corinthians 2:6, 7 Overview of the Sacred Secret, Musterion [not mystery]

B

Bloodwashed

Vote? This isn't a democracy!
That peaceful little puppy, having a vision!--Mark--

B

Bloodwashed

Vote? This isn't a democracy!
That peaceful little puppy, having a vision!--Mark--

zone

Jun 13, 2010
well Mark, i'll stick to what scripture says rather than a vision some man tells me he had.
the visions i need to know about are already recorded.
zone.

B

Bloodwashed

Don't worry Zone that little puppy won't share its vision with you!
You'll have to get your own! Blessings Mark!

P

prophecyman

I can only speak from experience, there is a power of God that comes upon those that believe. I have prayed over people by the laying on of hands and they went to the floor in a flash. I never dreamed that God would use me in this fashion, but the demostration displayed by Benny Hinn is very questionable. There is always a counterfit which the devil uses to confuse and deceive.

This is no more strange than those Jews who thought that the ones being baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost were drunk, there is a drunkeness of the Spirit and things happen in the Spirit that defys explaination.

In my Church many years ago I saw a 450lb man get zapped by the Spirit and he jumped into the air and landed on the back side of the pew ledge and ran across the back of the pews without missing a single step. Those pew backs were only an inch thick, I would not believe it had I not actually seen it for myself.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I can only speak from experience, there is a power of God that comes upon those that believe. I have prayed over people by the laying on of hands and they went to the floor in a flash. I never dreamed that God would use me in this fashion, but the demostration displayed by Benny Hinn is very questionable. There is always a counterfit which the devil uses to confuse and deceive.

This is no more strange than those Jews who thought that the ones being baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost were drunk, there is a drunkeness of the Spirit and things happen in the Spirit that defys explaination.

In my Church many years ago I saw a 450lb man get zapped by the Spirit and he jumped into the air and landed on the back side of the pew ledge and ran across the back of the pews without missing a single step. Those pew backs were only an inch thick, I would not believe it had I not actually seen it for myself.
why would The Lord throw people around like that? people don't run along pews at the hand of God.
we always hear that Hinn's stuff is counterfeit but identical stuff in another building is genuine.

only those who had been cursed (the mockers) by Jesus said they were drunk.

John 9:41
Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains

John 15:24
If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.

using Acts as an excuse for being "drunk in the spirit" is just wrong. and dangerous.
we're told be SOBER - physically AND spiritually.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Don't worry Zone that little puppy won't share its vision with you!
You'll have to get your own! Blessings Mark!
LOL mark.
how do i get my own?
will it?

what do i need a vision for? if for a personal revelation from The Lord concerning my own life, ok.
if for the church.....nope.

Sola Scriptura.
you either stand on it or it you don't.
if you add prophets and visions and new revelation, throw out your Bible: it's obsolete.

L

Laodicea

why would The Lord throw people around like that?
we always hear that Hinn's stuff is counterfeit but identical stuff in another building is genuine.

only those who had been cursed (the mockers) by Jesus said they were drunk.

John 9:41
Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains

John 15:24
If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.

using Acts as an excuse for being "drunk in the spirit" is just wrong. and dangerous.
we're told be SOBER - physically AND spiritually.
If you read the Bible the wicked fall backwards in God's presence or that of an angel while the righteous always fall on their face

zone

Jun 13, 2010
If you read the Bible the wicked fall backwards in God's presence or that of an angel while the righteous always fall on their face
ya....and when do people get thrown around or fall backwards to receive a blessing?
i don't see it scripture.

nobody loses their senses.

we're supposed to have a renewed mind. not drop to the floor unconscious or staggering around slurring and acting loaded.

A

Abiding

Is just because something happened make it from God?
Dont go to India...things are really happening there, as they
are all over the world.

As for drunk in the spirit...ive had much of that in cc chatt
when rebuked...instant soberness comes. Followed by
raving anger

L

Laodicea

ya....and when do people get thrown around or fall backwards to receive a blessing?
i don't see it scripture.

nobody loses their senses.

we're supposed to have a renewed mind. not drop to the floor unconscious or staggering around slurring and acting loaded.
Exactly it is a deception come from the father of lies, he has sugar coated a lie

zone

Jun 13, 2010
i posted somewhere else a while back a very long and excellent lecture by (i think...not sure but will check - Chris Hand).
he had done a careful historical and contemporary survey of the effects of the charismatic movement in UK churches.
long story short, people have "an experience"....then the simple preaching and assembling is no longer enough. it grows and grows.
something bad happens.

he showed how it starts ever so slightly, incrementally, a little of this here and there over a generation, then another, and people are moved along a continuum of compromise and acceptance until its chaos. won't hold to doctrine anymore.

i'll look for it...its worth the listen

B

Broern

Being slain in the spirit is not biblical. Man has a will or free choice. No matter how powerful the Holy Spirit, He will not over-power or transgress the will of man. If The good God can do this, He can also save all sinful man regardless of their will. The Holy Spirit resides in man and therefore man himself can be slain in the spirit by himself without the help of others. God is not a respecter of person. The pride of man is involve here to show godliness in themselves. All the people in the place can be slain if this is from God, but why not? The leader must be slain in the spirit first if the power comes from him.